6.0 Class restrictions

What are the 6.0 class restrictions ?

I am actually incredibly curious about this as well. But based off of what I have seen rex say up til now, if a change is not mentioned, count on there being no change. So…
Best Guess:
Class 4
20k blocks for cv

Hey guys,

preparation for 6.0 is still going on both for Empyrion and HWS.
For now we don’t see the need of change to Class 3 or 5. Even though - if it keeps the way that CVs are finally what they are meant for - motherships - I am thinking to increase it to Class 5.
However - the big PvP improvement patch is not on the line for now and 6.0 should not be affected by performance issues but instead enjoying all the cool new features it will bring.

So yeah - for now calculate with Class 4. It is easier to build stuff on top of your ship rather than removing.

Btw. there is no block restriction anymore @mcprouty

1 Like

Well anyhow being class 4, 5 or even 10 the function of the Cvs has been totally changed, you will not see any more a CV of 150 kt make a 360 degree turn in 2 seconds, Cvs now move as Cvs should move, and This will bring about a change in the way we come to play I see wars where there will be only one CV grid or even two large Cvs and a swarm of SVs in a battle enter factions … and who knows Shields and deadliest weapons are on their way to these more Cvs Slow

I feel for PVP; once Lag shots are fixed, we should be moving in the other direction … smaller CVs… Class 2 or 3…

Slower speeds so weapons and projectiles track better… Reduced lag… increasing ship size increases lag. Increasing speed also increases lag…

I heard a rumor for 6.0 is to make CVs max speed be able to go 115 … it makes no sense… Have you ever tried to do SV battle in space @115? Its terrible… its better on planets with slower speed. Also the reduction in RCS for CVs, might be too drastic. CV battles are currently fun even with lag shots.

2 Likes