Accusations of cheating in global chat

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Accusation of hacks whilst in combat

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Juggoire

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 13:04, 11th October

On which Playfield?
=> Homeworld Sector

Structure Name(s)?
=> N/A

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> N/A

How can we help you now?
=> I don’t mind in-game banter, I join in and revel in it. However, if I get accused of hacking, publicly, with zero proof (as I don’t) then it changes from harmless banter to character damage. Now, if JVI Metessi feels he has proof, then I’d like to see it. If not, I expect a public apology. If he continues to accuse without it, I’d like some action taken.
This is a game that I enjoy on a server I enjoy and this kind of slander (especially in public) should not be allowed to stand.

Thanks.

Arguro (12:59)
Capt Obvious is a great SV fighter
Juggoire (12:59)
you saying that speaks volumes :wink:
Metessi (12:59)
hes not Terrible Jug just dont use hacks like u
Juggoire (12:59)
admin
Captain obvious (12:59)
slow down I can’t make it )
Arguro (12:59)
Well he doesnt run ;0
Juggoire (13:00)
shh now, Mr Swarm - go huddle with the rest of JVI
Juggoire (13:00)
and Metessi - if you’re going to accuse, please tell me what hax you know I’m using?
Excelente (13:01)
WHY ARE U RUNING
Metessi (13:01)
its just really interesting that u are the “most skillful person here”
Excelente (13:02)
ye and running away from a Sun Seeker Transport CV XD
Juggoire (13:02)
i never claimed that, however, you have publicly stated I use hacks
I wish to know - as I don’t - what you feel I’m using?
Metessi (13:02)
do u have any proof that u dont?
yip
twitch streams of all my fights (pretty much)
go look for yourself
Metessi (13:03)
shure sweetheard :*
daddy loves you
if i get a proof that will go to admin not u
Juggoire (13:13)
So, ‘if’ you get proof? So, you accused me when you have none!?
in global
in public
you pathetic little man
any way - it’s ticketed
keep it up, I’ll ticket again
Metessi (13:14)
go ticket i dont care
Juggoire (13:14)
That much is obvious
Metessi (13:14)
they might will see might ticket about the proof than :stuck_out_tongue:
Arguro (13:15)
o/

As you can see, I’m happy to ‘banter’ with the best of them, but as you can also see he freely admits to accusing WITHOUT any proof.

People see this. It develops toxicity and paranoia on a server that really doesn’t need it.

You might read this first…

Like Marko said.
This doesn’t belong on the forum, please read the link Marko posted, and take it from there.

This isn’t just ‘banter’ - these are false accusations, in public. So, I can assume that from this point forwards, I can be as abusive in chat as I like with no fear of repercussions? Nice one! Thanks for the update! (And thanks for making sure that JVI’s behaviour continues unchecked in every way - if you can’t see the obvious damage this does to the server, not only with their ‘swarm’ mentality, but with their utter disrespect to all and every ; then I’ve nothing much I can add.)

Thanks. For nothing.

I half expected this response, but hoped you’d see the point I was making. How disappointing.

You’ve misunderstood why this should go to DM and not the forum.
It’s not because it’s “allowed”, it’s because topics like this normally jump up to 30+ replies and that’s a waste of everyone’s time.

1 Like

If you can’t see that this isn’t about ‘hurt feelings’, but about generating paranoia on a server that could well do without it - this needs dealing with.

Also, it was done PUBLICLY. So I invite debate on this, because I see no justification for ignoring it. At all…

If he’d DM-ed me the accusation - there’d be no reason for this post, but instead, he publicly accused when there was around 70 on server.

Nope, that’s not what is being said at all.
Did you click the link and read through all of it?

If you had you would have seen that such reports will still be dealt with, if appropriate, they just don’t belong in a public post. They belong in a private message.

The key takeaway from that is that they belong in a private message and not in the public get support tickets.

3 Likes

Read my two posts above. Get my point?

Just looks like normal pvp chest thumping to me, ones salty, the other is rubbing it in the wound… might as well go back to the playfield and duke it out… pointless waste of admins time for something that gets said daily in ALL pvp games. Best solution , empyrion has a mute player feature (when it works)
Use it and dont provoke responses like the transcript above shows. Ignore it and move on. Cuts out the alpha male circle jerk bs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You feel that’s good for the server? Really? With people believing I hack because I’m a good SV pilot? That’s ok with you?

OK - this is a pointless thread, so @Dr.Dark, who do I DM to take this further?

ironically, it’s probably worth making that info public :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what we’ve been telling you :wink:
You can DM @RexXxuS

oh… Well, let’s see how that goes - Rex and I (Juggoire) have found little common ground when we’ve discussed in the past. Maybe he’ll surprise me this time… Who knows! :wink: