Alliance mandate, rule 6 and lost ships

First of all, I apologize for this being lengthy, and possibly sounding petty, so here goes:

Alliance mandate (server Lore):

As alliance, it our goal to enforce the rules of the server based on the story, so that the admins can focus on having fun, and creating new features for us all, by means of in game mechanics, ie: pvp, general chat and rational conversation. If I am wrong in this, please tell me, but before we go any further, let me explain the scenario that has sparked this:

In regards to Rule #6;

STA found a faction in violation of this rule on a routine patrol on Nova, as well as the headquarters being illegally named, which the faction owner was advised of, and they handled the name, and told us to harass someone else in regards to the CV rule. They said they messaged the owner of the 2nd CV, and that I could have fun waiting. So I placed an SV with the name “2 CV Violation Warning” on their base’s doorstep (not on the base and not blocking any operations). The faction owner accused me of violating rules of not building close to another base. I set the core to the SV to public once the 2nd cv was removed, since I cannot deconstruct the SV while close to another base, nor can I add blocks to it. The SV has 10 blocks (1 core, 8 blocks, and a landing gear), so the violating faction can remove it very simply an get a few mats from it.

My question is this: is my actions in violation of any rules, or do they fall under the category of griefing by placing a tiny non functional SV near a base that is in violation of rule 6? If so, how would you like us to proceed?

I feel it is important to note that the owner of the offending faction has an abrasive relationship with STA, but is also considered a “lawless” faction. Also to note, that STA intends to follow this procedure with other offenders, if allowed, just coincidental that it happened to be THIS particular faction we ran across first, so may seem personal.

Lastly, and unrelated, upon returning from patrol, we encountered a lone [HWA] capital ship at a warp in location (literally came outta warp at 1.2k from it). It’s turrets were active and the ship was powered. My turrets were hot and took out the core in a single volley, so instead of leaving a smoking hulk, we dismantled it and removed the wreckage. Please let me know if there are any fines that need to be paid for such destruction or anything needs to be done for replacement of property.

Please, if found guilty of griefing in this regard, please let me know, and I will accept the punishment needed. As faction leader of STA, and STA having been a community pillar on NA, I expect an example to be made of me that others may learn from.

Thank you,

Shadinaxx

Just some advice on handling rule violations…

1. Report the violation to admins. Take screenshots if applicable.
  2. Never break the server rules, even if the target has.

It’s also ok to notify the offending party that they may be in violation of the rules, may be but never take action against them yourself if they still refuse to comply.

If you do that, then you won’t end up in a “but you did it too” situation with someone.

Regards.

I dont see how anything i did was in any violations. I offered to stay on planet while they flew a ship away, or even vacate the area. The only thing i am requesting clarification on is my use of a tiny sv as a reminder (keeping it public so the offending party can remove it)

Never once did i feel like i was going to bend or break any server rules because someone else did. But i see your angle on it.

In my opinion, what you did is an act of aggression, and against what the alliance stands for. You are NOT an admin. Stop acting like you are. Between the way you harass other players, and your horrible attitude, I feel that you give your entire faction a pirate vibe. You berate and bully people over nothing. To be fair, I would jail or temp ban you until you get the fact that you are NOT AN ADMIN.

If you dont mind, I am gonna break this up, because in two lines, you covered 5 topics:

[quote=“[IcE]Manbeast”]
In my opinion, what you did is an act of aggression, and against what the alliance stands for.
[/quote]

under the story for the HWS, the alliance portion, clearly states:

[quote=“[IcE]Manbeast”]
You are NOT an admin. Stop acting like you are.
[/quote]

I both value and appreciate your opinion, but I dont see how I have ever acted like, or given reason for others to think I act like an admin. Please show proof of said behavior.

[quote=“[IcE]Manbeast”]
Between the way you harass other players, and your horrible attitude, I feel that you give your entire faction a pirate vibe.
[/quote]

Are you referring to myself? I’m not sure how I harass anyone, I only speak when idle chit chat suits my mood, someone asks for advice, or I finally need to step in because someone else is trash talking my faction. Again, please provide proof, but your opinion is welcome.

[quote=“[IcE]Manbeast”]
You berate and bully people over nothing. To be fair, I would jail or temp ban you until you get the fact that you are NOT AN ADMIN.
[/quote]

Again is this a constant thing I am doing or we referring to this instance on my original post regarding clarification on the alliance mandate? I guess a police officer that gives a ticket after the 2nd warning could be called harassing too. and by all means, if I’m wrong in interpreting the alliance rule, or I overstepped my bounds in that mandate, then I would expect no less from the admins to jail or temp ban me. I would expect and request the harshest penalty possible, as I believe I requested in my original post:

I think the original post proves that I do not try to, nor do I act like an admin. When there was question regarding the legitimacy of my actions on my interpretation of the alliance mandate on rule 6, I stopped my planned actions and asked an admin here. Again, your opinion is appreciated, but I dont think you know what’s really going on here. I dont recall your name in the list of online people when this was going on.

Please, have a good day and fly safe.

Shadinaxx

[quote=“Aodhgan”]Just some advice on handling rule violations…

1. Report the violation to admins. Take screenshots if applicable.
  2. Never break the server rules, even if the target has.

It’s also ok to notify the offending party that they may be in violation of the rules, may be but never take action against them yourself if they still refuse to comply.

If you do that, then you won’t end up in a “but you did it too” situation with someone.

Regards.[/quote]

I concur with this, your faction seems to have a habit of inventing new rules to the server which don’t seem to be approved by anyone but yourselves, which is really problematic because no one knows they’re violating a rule until you nearly destory their ship :neutral_face:

Also destroying a ship is alright, but your members have been accused to doing grief-like behaviors in the past (walling in offline people, for example). Why not discuss with other alliance about some rules, post something on here in effect to what those rules are, then take effect on them 3-4 weeks after you post them. That way everyone has plenty of time to read them, and you’ll have a CYA when you do stuff like this.