Alpha version 8.x

So I haven’t tried out version 8.x yet, so curious what’s the general community think in regards to? Awesome? Bug-tastic? DOA? Going to fire it up tonight and see how it performs (not holding my breath for better performance).

I logged on for a bit, but the real issue with playing is you have to have two installs to do your daily stuff. Which means it’s kind of annoying.

As for the actual play. It was ok, but larger. You will see what I am talking about when you try traveling anywhere.

Two installs won’t affect me, I’ll just bump the other computer to alpha 8. It doesn’t perform nearly as well as my main desktop, so anything that affects performance will be easily noticed.

Anything new to build with been added? Solid Gold toilet? Daytons with spinners for HV? Truck nuts?

Nope, not really, mostly repair bay got modified. Not sure if I like it, it seems expensive to repair now.
Which will make iron worth something at least.

Add land claim device to your bases. Max count of solar panels reduced to 15. New are smaller size solar panels (original larger panels retained)

Minimal impact on builds.

Have only spent a little time in creative 8. Larger planets look much more natural in landscape.

Did they up the power output of solar panels to account for only being able to have 15? As 20 doesn’t really generate a huge amount of power.

Also, Rexxus was trying to figure out how to award land claim devices rather then make them crafted. Personally, I think if he is going to do that he should have them and OP cost say 10 RP each. That way, you can buy them at a true cost.

10 RP is cheap. Especially for freelancers it’s too easy.

Think about it:

Guardian has to have 77 AM cores for just the 10am restart; not an easy option for a newbie to have 77 AM cores on hand, either will take weeks raiding POIs or purchasing from vendor.

Pirate just needs 999 Gold bars on him at 10am restart; most veterans should be able to get enough within a few minutes, newbies not so much.

Freelancers just need 150 Pentax before refining. Death is not a big loss. Spend 2 minutes and you have another stack.

IMO it’s way way too easy for freelancer; may just go this route for the easy RP in 8. If I die there is no punishing loss.

So besides the epic weapon these are your potential losses. Freelancer should have something of more value than 300 Pentax. They like to visit places and meet new people, how about a 999 stack of alien crew?

As a land claim device only lets you have anti-griefing for a radius around your base until it is destroyed. This means you would need 10 RP per base. That would be a days worth of RP. At the end of the season that is 70,000 credits for lost RP.

So, 70,000 credits to get a feature you already have by default right now.

The big bugs as of 3 are that POIs do little to no damage to vehicles , And spiders and plant monsters don’t do damage. also sometimes things disappear in the constuctors LOL fun fun fun.