An apology for my survey post

I think mass and exposed thrusters are going to put off a lot of new players. That’s a hell of a change to implement, honestly will have to update all of my BPs.

2 Likes

My son and I have always built our PvP ships with exposed thrusters (over a year ago now). You may not have heard of us because we are not active on HWS in a while. I also refrain from voting in these surveys. However… I LOVE Empyrion with weights/volume enabled and just do not enjoy it without them any more. Sure it was convenient to carry unlimited cargo in the smallest of spaces, but the challenge of having to store and carry cargo with actual weight/volume is so much fun to me. I waited a long time for it to be implemented and never want to go back. That is of course just an opinion, but as it is mine I value it a lot, lol. Maybe because I am a CDL truck driver and 48 years old that I enjoy different things in life and games. Either way, I just wanted to point out that some very successful PvP players have flown and designed exposed thruster ships (SV’s, we never got into CV lag battles) for a long time now. Thanks.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I have no problem with hidden/buried thrusters either. That aspect is not a ‘realism’ problem for me as I can just consider them some form of repulsor. If we are talking realism as a major issue then how do RCS’s work???

2 Likes

Does that mean you are considering returning?

: )

Been awhile since I have been in any fights where 3/4 of my ship is missing since you quit!

1 Like

Shattered Realms has a rule about having back thrusters.
you have to have your back thrusters exposed.
everyone complains that you’re using the S key on HWS.
so if I always use my S key I never have to worry about my back thrusters.

isn’t everyone going to have to update their blueprints for Alpha 10?

I voted for open engines. This makes it more difficult to build PvP combat vehicles and will make the battle shorter, not so boring. I’m also not against introducing weight/volume, but only under the condition of revision of the parameters

2 Likes

Maybe…???