Arena Space?

Hey Rexxus, what would eventually be the chances of getting arena space where two pilots could duke it out 1v1?

We could see it as something like, two pilots register for a fight… after registering, they have 15 minutes to prepared and enter arena space. They could also make matching bets by putting loot/credits/gold into a pool, the winner takes the loot.

You could also allow spectator SVs in the arena space… but, without any weapons; anyone who enters arena space with any weapons who are not registered to fight gets kicked out.

Could even allow spectators to make bets on who would win/lose, etc. I think it would be a very interesting addition to the community.

Something to consider! And a good way to “handle” all the talk; if you want to step up, then you step up, no excuses, gold/loot and bragging rights on the line.

4 Likes

i like this

1 Like

I agree that something like this would be pretty neat to have.

Maybe have a special stargate for this area and then there would be nothing else(no poi/planet/asteroids) in the area besides exit stargate.
Imo the only way to “win” or leave if you applied for the match is after 1 of the two meets death

Last season we had a really nice podrace…
Like these events :slight_smile:

Maybe a bit later in the season? was perfect time last time… Bit out in the season, people wanted new stuff to do ^^

2 Likes

There are a LOT of awesome ideas in this category, and this is the reason I originally bought and ran the Auctoria Event planet. Sadly, in practice I found that people were just not prone to actually show up to events.

Instances, however, are another matter, and may present a great way around this. Instead of a prepared event which takes loads of time to prep, more time to promote, then people may or may not show up, just about anyone can create an instance by going to creative, setting everything up that they want to be there, and that playfield will then BECOME the event, and is only created/exists while the event is ongoing, not to mention cleanup and reset is automatic.

For instance: an instance could be made with two identical boxes of building parts, in seperate rooms of a base. Contestants walk into the duel, build a ship out of the parts within a time limit, then load up ammo out of boxes. Duel to the death, Take nothing out of the instance. Rinse and Repeat. Could even allow large numbers of people in to allow spectators to visit and watch the fight.

So in short: my advice is to just go ahead and throw something together and get the playfield save to rex, and see if he can make some magic happen. It is alot easier to get progress on a change if you start with something and then polish it into a finished product. And I am excited to see what people come up with. I may throw something together myself…

1 Like

why not just create a small space just off ecc for sv battles

Primarily, because this space would remain on the server 24/7, but would be used at most 5% of the time. What is to keep someone from camping it and waiting on someone to come out to duel? Or from rolling in on an otherwise organized event with something that was not agreed to beforehand in the terms? Also, by using instances, it could become alot easier to get people to come out and duel, when they do not need to cover the cost of the ship and ammo themselves, and they know that they other person is potentially using the same ship.
I do not know if instances are capable with stargates, if so this would allow competitors to bring in their own ships to test, but they would still lose the advantage of the isolated environment, unless there was a way to load a temporary copy of the ship into the instance, then restore it to its original state afterwards. Currently there are plenty of pvp spaces in the galaxy that can be used at any time by anyone for duels, etc. The only thing that would set an arena apart would be control over what and who goes in. If it is just a duel orbit, it will guaranteed get gangbanged by additional fighters, just like black hole or any other system.

1 Like

I have an idea for an event, but not the skills to build a playfiled :stuck_out_tongue: I have tried a bit, with help form others, but space, has always been trouble :-/ placing buildings etc…
But it is much what you said… so and so much buildtime, then out to fight… seperated from the audience, but still a room where everyone can be and watch…