Balancing shields

Shields are fine right now, thanks rex.

1 Like

so far after a decent sized battle the shields seem ok. i can see future battles where SV shield droppers swoop in against tank CVs. should be interesting…

when i think of space battles i have a star trek mentality. shields go down at a moderately quick rate depending on constant fire. usually once shields are down there is a scramble to get them back up. when under heavy fire in larger scaled battles, shield recharge was an afterthought once the battle died down. so far so good. would like to see more SV group battles as well.

2 Likes

I agree shields are fine

1 Like

Everything looks good except for bases. Unlike all other structures, they got a massive buff. Very high capacity and fast regen, attacks involving bases result in a stalemate.

2 Likes

yes perhaps an adjustment of base shield toughness and recharge rate is in order…

1 Like

Hm, even though I boosted also some Damage output to bases like

And overall shield smelting with manual laser weapons?

I know POI are probably too heavy now but would love to see some Base assault videos like back in the Alpha 7 days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pulse laser damage to BA shields is not too high (2-3% from one shot), especially considering that base doesn’t lose DPS when shields are up, only after turrets start to get shot. Armored concrete nerf doesn’t help with sniping turrets, because svs shoot turrets directly.

1 Like

Yesterday we tried to attack a group of 3 bases and many tanks on ground and attackers svs and tanks were destroyed even before have the possibility to take down the shield. Seems too OP actually :face_with_monocle:.
Probably as politary suggested need to increase the damage of pulse lasers against shields. Honestly i dont like shields at all at least on pvp. On pve are ok since you dont need to repair your ships everytime you do a poi.
My ideal config would be:
HV an SV take 5 X 4 pulse to get shield depleted
BA take 15 X 4 pulse to get depleted (considering also fast recharge rate)

3 Likes

I agree with this post, some nerfing needs to be done, but everything needs to be taken into consideration, weapons specs like damage, range, etc, and of course shields could either be increased or decreased depending on those modifications. Skilled pvpers dont have the advantage as they once had, and the ships they use don’t always matter either because of the armor stats, now maybe a rework of all this could make things more compatible.

I miss the old pvp battles, best ship and best pilot always wins, however shields changed that but I do love the idea of shields in alot of ways, brings out that fantasy we all dream of, rather its star trek, star wars, stargate ect ect.

1 Like

I think the shields are a double edge sword on one hand if your flying solo and get jumped by a group of player you have a chance to run an safe your ship but on the other hand if your in a PVP battle shield can make those battles boring by dragging them out. The simple solution is the recharge time by making shields passive meaning if your ship or base is taking damage shields can’t recharge also in PVP areas if shields fall below a certain percentage lets say 25 percent your base or ship starts taking 50 percent damage. This would allow players who wonder in harms way a chance to run and make PVP battles a little faster.

2 Likes

Update regarding bases.
It appears that hv turrets are now capable to do very good damage against both base shields, turrets and armored concrete. If both hvs and svs are utilized in a fight, meta seems to be balanced. However, there is one major problem. It’s possible to make a base that’s 100% protected against hvs. HV turrets just won’t shoot it and it’s not possible to properly counter it.
The best solution will be an addition of rule which forbids such bases, although it’s not possible for it to be automated on server.
Second option is to balance bases only around sv weapons so hvs are used only to absorb damage.

I know what you mean but can you please PM me an up to date video about it. I think this can be relatively easy fixed by Eleon.