Base appears to have disappeared?

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> My base on homeworld appears to have disappeared, along with three docked vessels. The base had OLP on it, and I don’t see any record of having been attacked in my proximity log. I’m wondering if it was removed for some reason?

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Feussy

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 10/10 18:40

On which Playfield?
=> Homeworld

Structure Name(s)?
=> I believe they base:
Base - TCT Homeworld
SV - Archimedes
SV - Prospector MK III
HV - Don’t recall name

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> Unfortunately no longer in structure commander so I do not have these, base was located at -111 Lon, 284 Lat

How can we help you now?
=> Wondering what happened to this base and docked vessels, as there is no indication in the proximity log I was attacked and the base had OLP.

Hey @Feussy
If I search for TCT or Feussy I can only find those structures on NA globally:

I don’t know what happened to your mentioned stuff but if it’s not in our global structure list, probably deleted since long time (PvP or not touched within 14 days)

I was last online last night actually, had just finished rearranging the base and had moved all the vehicles in the last day.

Oh, then there needs to be more info on HWS Connect > Structure Commander. Or different put: I really need the ID to be able to help.

Ah, I found them.
I searched for TCT but if they are captured in PvP, someone else has / had them of course.
So that was the reason. Somebody destroyed your stuff in PvP.
Not sure why it’s not in your HWS Connect Prox. Log.

really?

I’m positive that it did, remember where I placed it and the land claim device. I had figured maybe someone had popped it right after I logged off, but was surprised that I did not see anything in the prxomity log.

Hm no, you logged out today at 6:12 AM, right?
And your stuff got destroyed 4 hours later.
I’ll investigate.

Yep that sounds right. Thanks very much for the help.

can’t confirm 100% since when, but OLP is pretty much broken and not working properly for at least couple of months now (both on EU and RE servers)…

Heard some rumors about this yes, was to test it tomorrow with a friend, to see if it needed reported.

This is the first I’ve seen of anything like this, the few bases on GG appear to still have OLP functional. This base in particular has lasted weeks on Homeworld without incident, and during the work week I’m offline most of the time.

I did run into a base from a newer faction last week but assumed they’d just forgotten to add OLP. A generator explosion took out most of the interior so was impossible to tell for sure what was installed. Hope this was not the same

and it is possible that same issue is happening again as it was a long time ago…issue that server restart also resets OLP…so, 3 times a day after server restarts, OLP is not working for 30 minutes…

I did couple of tests with my virtual machine + second player.
I couldn’t reproduce it on a new local test server with 2 players.

EU’ game.dat file became corrupt due its long runtime last month. Maybe a reason but RE?
I hope we can investigate and verify it together. Right now everything is just rumor.

1 Like

For starters, you could take a gm ride trough the only pvp zone in re and have a look :rofl:

that could be the case, we last tested it on EU quite some time before the crash

well, our faction lost more then few bases on RE this way last season…they all had OLP, no faction members were online for hours and bases still got destroyed, mostly shortly after server restart…at some point one just stops relying on OLP
not sure if anyone tested it this season though, need to check in faction

1 Like

I raided a complex on GG (NA) last night where one base didnt have OLP active. Once I took that base and checked I didnt see the olp in the equipment list…but I could have damaged that when I opened it up. Talking to the owners this morning, they assured me they had olp. So that means 2 olp were active (i saw those) and one was not…I cant imagine anyone would leave olp out of a BP when they intend to drop it on GG. Screenshot included…my video of the event is black screen tho…

1 Like

Also to add to this…that same pyramid base was on Iceworld as well and I took it out a few days ago. Also it had no olp. Now, I took a bp of the one on GG as soon as I captured it. I just finished looking at it in creative and it does indeed have olp, but in the control panel it says “offline protection no”. It also has a land claim device but in the control panel it shows as “land claim device no”. The base has T4 CPU ext, and in the damaged state is using 894k of 1.3mil usage. Im not sure what the usage is in the undamaged state, but could this be a CPU usage issue?

I don’t have a BP of the base I lost to prove definitively, but pretty sure I was well under the CPU limit for this one. Was a T4 with 10 rocket turrets, 10 laser turrets, a teleporter, two T2 generators, T2 shield, OLP, land claim, some storage containers and enough fuel tanks to power for 2-3 days. This was a forward base to save time getting to HW for mining, and give me a place to fallback in case I ran into any fun.

Block count was easily below the class 3 limit for HW, and I’ve larger bases with more hardware elsewhere that are still below the CPU limit for a tier 4 CPU