Bug Report: Rep dropped from honored to unfriendly, after touching a Pol asteroid with drill

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> i tried to drill an asteroid which was next to a mining foreman ship and instantly rep dropped to unfriendly. i felt save to do that because in the reputation description of polaris it says that with honored standing to them you should be permitted to mine their asteroids. maybe you’re interested in knowing that.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> VanTares

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 20:00

On which Playfield?
=> Ente

Structure Name(s)?
=>

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> just meant as feedback, i could run away fast enough and did the “second chances” mission. hope i wont need it more than twice^^

No, you can only mine deposits in their territory. NOT asteroids that have a POI on them.

When it is a POI the asteroid is part of the base, meaning of you mine it it counts as destroying blocks.

The devs don’t consider it a bug. It’s just how the game works.
We’ve asked countless times for a warning, they just don’t care enough.

Look at it this way,
If you had an asteroid base and someone mined the asteroid away, you would probably be pissed as well.

Or if someone drilled all under your base on a planet you would be upset too…

i think there is a note on the map saying that mining owned asteroids is always considered “act of war” or something in that sense

That note on the map is added in by the scenario creators.
It’s not in vanilla at all still. No warning what so ever.

All the devs have to do is change the wording in the faction screen to show that owned asteroids count as blocks. They don’t care enough to take 20 seconds to update it though…

hey

thanks for your answer, it had no poi on them but it’s letter was orange, guess thats that difference. cause there are also poi asteroids.
i’ll warn as many as possible if it comes up in chat :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue: i don’t doubt
just i’m shure i’ll not be the onlyone which felt save to start mining, cause of the reputation, maybe it could help others if the text in the reputation details (what gives and what ruins rep) would be expanded by a warning

sounds like a looot of worf omg :stuck_out_tongue:
such lazy guys

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.