Confused about preparing for upcoming wipe

I am a little confused about the best way to prepare for the upcoming wipe.

I am relatively new to HWS and still learning how everything works.

I currently have a decent CV and SV. About 10,000 of each type of ore and 10,000 of each ingot. Including Pentaxid, Promethium and Gold.

From what I have gathered it is generally a good idea is to upgrade the OCD as much as possible.

So with that in mind should I convert all the gold ore I have into gold coins, deposit that in the atm, transfer those funds to the galactic bank and spend that on OCD upgrades?

Then I would be inclined to fill all the OCD slots with each ore and maybe a slot for Fusion Cells. Should I bother with first aid type stuff?

I saw a thread advising others to fill their OCD with things like advanced constructors and XL CV thrusters but I am unclear as to how this would be beneficial until late game in the upcoming season.

It seems like I should recycle my ships and base (at the last minute I suppose would make sense) but it appears that I will be getting only blocks back at Recycle lvl 1. I would have to get to Recycle lvl 4 to get devices back. I don’t see any point in filling up my OCD with blocks so this doesn’t seem like the highest priority at my level.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps this is a good topic for a RexXxuS tutorial.

Inside your OCD gold ingots are the best form to store. Look at the examples below:
10000 gold ore = 500.000 credit value.
10000 gold ingot = 2.500.000 credit value.
10000 gold coins = 250.000 credit value.
10000 credit cards = 10.000 credit value.

So you see there, gold ingots are the highest value for the same amount.
And this goes for all ore types (except for the values of course.)

If you’re level 4 or less OCD, then I’d probably go without meds.
5 then you should be able to afford having most ores, and something extra.

You can deconstruct these items, or put them into your Blueprint Factory, and it will use the value of those items to help make your blueprint, plus it’ll decrease the time it takes to make the blueprint a lot.

Unless you have Recycle level 5 it’s probably best to manually recycle (using a multitool), but remember Alien Cores can’t be picked up without Recycle level 5.

3 Likes

yeah reason people advice high resource devices
for 2 reasons:
A = its more dense then ores & ingots
B = u can pull out the resources remaining in ur factory to process into a singular form of devices
for example i made a bp with 500± T2 generators, my factory filled up with mats from past season & recycling stuff+added remaining needed resources
then spawn it in and multi tool/recycle => store the generators in ocd
and like Dark mentioned devices then after wipe can be dumped back in factory to reduce craft time down to 1sec production time.
depending on ur EB bank level u can carryover a certain amount of credits yes
aside that best state for keeping gold in OCD is in form of ingots.
Think @Bob actually made somewhat a guide regarding this stuff too (added below)

1 Like