CV battles aren't special anymore

I got in a fight with my battle buddies on the na server tonight CV.
only got 1-3 FPS.
this was the first time I got in a CV battle sense 5.0.
usually it was just 5 to 8 ships in the Playfield low FPS loss.
so I see that planetary battles are more popular because of the less frames per second lost.
maybe we can come together as a community and tell eleon game studios that we need to optimize PVP.

2 Likes

Though that would be a great idea how would they optimise PVP without optimising the whole game? That is something that will not really get attention until beta as there is still more content to come.

Now I do not know what you PVP style is when you attack a base, do you usually want to dig to the core?

My thought was Bases be set up same as a POI only player made. Once you take out the turrets on the outside you have to move in on foot to get the core and claim your victory. None of this digging down to the core with a well armed HV (Do those turrets work underground?) punching through the wall and claiming a win. All the base defense are above and can not be placed down there.

People think I do not pvp because I am not good at it but that is not the case. I can not build a ship to save my life but a base is much different. Does not matter what the base looks like if you pull it out the ground but a ship I will not use a block as I just feel that is poor sportsmanship. I know others could care less they just want to say they won.

I plan to build on a planet somewhere though it is slow because I play solo. I do not like the idea that you can take out my AG device and then just dig under to my core and I loose no matter the hard work I put in. Sure I can try to put HV turrets down there but just seems cheap this happens.

Just my thoughts to bring meaningful PVP to the server that does not have to stop at that massive block of well blocks that took all those hits to the face and laughed.

I came in to the tail end of that fight in an SV and omg it was pretty terrible. There’s a couple of things people can do to help reduce lag but I doubt many will do that. First thing would be to reduce light blocks and plant blocks, those two items generate quite a bit of lag. I personally don’t put any lights on my ship and don’t bring plants with me either.
Planetary battles on GG have been horrendous as well, but that’s for other reasons.
The best pvp I’ve seen so far has been on Iceworld where the lag was minimal (although there was still some, it was a hell of a lot more playable there).

I hear there’s a new patch coming up that should help with the lag by only loading things that are localized to you rather than loading the entire playfield. Sadly I don’t think that’s going to help us when we get into those 10 ship CV battles like we did last night. Also just as sad, is I don’t believe people will do anything to help reduce lag, in fact I am confident there are certain people that are abusing the lag and making it so their ships cause an excess amount of lag in fights to gain an advantage. Best bet for right now would be to fight on planets (other than GG).