Disconnections

Yesterday I took out my nice shinny class 5 CV to battle ABN/F-V hoard in Black Hole and during the battle the game slowed down to the typical slide show. No big deal happens all the time with so many players all PVP-ing. it really was my first time with the new updates so I expected the game play to be a little faster, but sadly it wasn’t. In fact within a few minutes I got disconnected and like a pack of hyenas the enemy blew apart my shiny new CV and took it.

By the time i re-connected I was floating in space and everyone had fled black hole as they were fearing the same disconnection that I experienced.

I not complaining about losing the ship, it happens. but I noticed last season black hole was class one. I’m wondering if maybe this space should go back to class 1 ships to prevent such horrible lag? or at least lower the chances a little.

Its a lot more fun to lose or win in combat not when some player gets taken out of the game because of lag.

Im not a tech guy so I dont know if smaller ships will help, but there was a lot of class 5 CV’s and when a few more arrived the game just tossed me out.

Im at the point now where PVP is not worth it. people build these massive block hulks (including me) and its a battle of stamina or who disconnected first. I often wonder if having more fragile space craft would be better where a battle is quick and cheap and you dont miss lunch slugging it out.

I dont think we will ever get rid of lag, and I think its hard to tell when a player gets disconnected in a CV or HV due to the turrets firing but it would be nice if somehow the game could detect that and put the offline protection up (turrets turn off) until the player can get back into the game?

anyway Ill build another class 5 hulk because thats the arms race right now but hopefully we can make the PVP a bit more fun but preventing the disconnections.

5 Likes

I still get frequent disconnections, last night just standing in front of a constructor and bam! disconnected.

1 Like

sv’s on planet is the way 2 go. Massive cv’s is smooth until shields go down n everyone in the playfield start loosing tons of blocks.

2 Likes

yes i like SV combat better on planets, at least if you get tossed out the game you can re-appear and run around. floating in space alone is depressing. I did get rescued by chaotic for which he got the FU medal of valor.

do you think going back to smaller class CV will make PVP less laggy?

1 Like

Was the fight on NA, if so we have noticed a big difference in server’s compared to the EU where the fighting has been much smoother with many more players .
I still hold out hope for an NA server update at some point in time

2 Likes

For this sort of situation we recommend our team have a backup sv/warp sled ready to go

Lol, it’s your fault for making the server crash, your constructors been running hot making all that ammo again :rofl:

yes was NA black hole, too many class 5 CV’s I think.

yes you should see my utilities bill !

Just the other day i was being chased on my mining cv that barley makes class 2 and deosn’t even have full turrets just some few basic ones. I crashed in Homeworld Space while being chased by two sv’s. I reloge and the ship is being cored by 2 sv’s and 1 big cv, and i’m far away from it in space. So lost the ship do to crashing instead of pvping. Its sad. :frowning:

Also, just today i got disconnected three times in about 30 minutes while at ECC HQ. Instead of adding another block we don’t need and thats been changed to overpowered by Rexx in hws, and some pve shields we don’t need; Eleon should be focusing solely on optimization at this point.

1 Like

And I was about to log in to ask if game is getting any better…

God bless you guys.

3 Likes

It’s both.