EAH doesn't save or use custom game settings

Everytime I start my dedicated server over EAH, the server uses the game standard settings (antigrieve setting, blockcount, regeneration, difficulty and so on).

If I change the settings in EAH, the tool told me to restart the tool (the tool!, not the server?! A little bit weird, but ok, I do so) The server starts with the standard settings anyway.

A save wipe don’t change anything. I can set my settings after the wipe and start the server.
If I look for the settings they are all ok like I set them. After the first player joined the server the settings in EAH are switched back to standard?!

After dozens of server and tool restarts and server wipes I found the root cause for this bug.

If only one of the custom game settings leads to a server-internal-start-error all customs settings will be discarded and the server starts with the standard setup.

Therefore I switched setting by setting from standard to custom, boot the server and look at the settings selected by the server ingame.

I found two game settings witch leads to a “settings reset” like descriped above.
Ore amount: high
Ore antigrieve setting: off

If I change one of these settings from standard to the listed the server loads the whole gamesettings as standard.

It’s not a EAH bug. It’s an ingame bug.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the info and the repro case!
i will check that this weekend

Thanks a lot

high is no allowed value. You can only set Rich.

Off is not allowed here. I fixed that bug in the tool. Thanks for the info!