Economy, would OCD wipe help? Interests? New OCD idea

I got the idea, now this is fun for OCDers really like it, finaly something to do with it good as always Rexxx.

And as always from me :slight_smile: butā€¦

Why i did this all posting aboveā€¦we keep growing, your awsome OCD idea will make us grow again. Larger factions will reach OCD 7 max prestige faster. (for those git gut im old player, rich one and from large faction).
So basicly we will unite and reach max prestige asap.

I have some 700k maximums, i can unload to PvE creates and that would help me a lot in getting prestige.

Thran is right with bank, and while OCD and bank was mechanic to ease pain from wipe now it turned into crazy war machine, its strongest weapon and its indestructible.
Its natural evolution of things, its really cool to watch how the whole society evolved, but its starting to be too much maybe.

Well we have to try to defeat someone somehow, back in old days that ment to send them into mines. After long war, loosing faction was out of resources and they went to mines to mine. Thats victory to see ppl mining. Im not sure if thats possible now.

Another butā€¦that OCD hack is promising :smiley: OCD wars to make all i said above unvalid?

P.S: Well it might be me being away too long so i dont understand current ā€œmetaā€ fully. Loot is probably combat blocks, and factions can run out as before its maybe just all much bigger scale.

1 Like

Just remove interest and wam people have to trade to make money again lolā€¦with 70million, 700k per day thatā€™s equivalent to how many hours mining meteors xD?? I feel like higher EB could rather reduce taxes on trades and withdraw costs rather than higher % interest. Just my 2cent.

Rexxus if you didinā€™t know there is an corporation that has all credits on same person who collects interest and with the 5% upgrade they will be richer than ever.

yea 5billion split among 5 characters and 5% interest on that is 250mil profit a day xD

1 Like

I dont mind it that much thats like making pacts and such in real life (more accounts thats a question i dont want to open), fusions lets say, but its hard to transfer that ā€œlootā€ into my pocket. Its somehow in game unreachable.

I think thats what bothers you, probably us. Ppl getting rich and we cant reach this richness to transfer it where it belongs :smiley:

IF you want to be able to find players, then you need one planet with gold/gold asteroids and one place in space with gold asteroids that RESETS at Primetime NAā€¦ 8 EST ā€¦ and whatever primetime is EU.

That would create some PVPā€¦ and a place to centralize mining! JUST LIKE THE GOOD OL DAYS right? STfu.

@Thranir AS for trading, you cant trade what you dont haveā€¦ lol you be collecting all over again. Just to get it wiped again?

1 Like

Dont get too triggered with that ā€œOCD wipeā€ its not like wipe it, delete it every season.

Problem is somewhere else, and I ask mostly to put in some theme, its pretty clear wiping it or wiping it often isnt good idea. For me it would be nice to have some Hall of Fame, Hall of Hoarders etc, to have some ending to period of Seassons, for me its more than year and half. So its really more like think to talk about. Im for it from this reason, i can grind again after year and half. I understand that ppl dont want to if thats less, or dont want to at all.

Problems are:
PvP Base is defensless without ppl online
Ppl can deend PvP base online as there is real life.
So we Fight for empty bases, or newbie bases as newbies still thinks Base can defend itself, newbie bases even if full are empty as its fraction of daily autominer income.

Traders, some ppl have more account full of richness they will never throuw in field.
This Richness is not circulating, its being only acumulated, its ok, its like game in game, let them have it, but its a bit of shame.

Basicly we dont have that much interaction, before if Thran found ship there was nice loot, faction which lost ship hunted Thranir, maybe got him, got his resources back, that triggered Thranir to steal from them again.

THIS WOULD BE NICE:
4 planets, 6h period of PvP acording to time zones, rich planets.
PPl setup bases, some basicly defends as they are already estableshed, and for 6 hours they try to hold and then planets is only for winner. Or allies of winner too.
Currently i can fight on Homeworld whole PvP perior, win destroy all and after restart everyone come in to mine gold until its bugged and thats it, what i fought for exactly im not sure, Probably for fun of it, good but might be more in it.

Principle is to fight for something, throw everything in from OCD so there is some movement in OCD not just increase. ANd if succesfull it can be replenished in PvE time.

I suggested this long time ago.
Imagine there is Iron planet, 3 factions with largest bases every hour gets income of iron. So basicly there is reson to hold planet, to have presence there. To fight for it.

OCD role in this is resource buffer, you fill it to have enough for intensive fight, you keep using it and you get resources back, more if you do right, or get reputation for victory, holding, critical strategic objective.

Its a bit like Homeworld now, we will probably go and try to destroy SWP Towers. I know in advance there will be no loot, it wont hurt SWP at all, and next day towers will be back. So yes its fun to fight but nothing else. Its still good though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with you 100% The rotating time zone planets would be epic, similar to Armageddon. Iā€™v seen pvp planets with only 2 resources on itā€¦ who wants to fight for such a poor planet ? Iā€™ts just not worth it.

1 Like

How can the bank be the main issue? Explain more ?

Wipe the OCD, and many wonā€™t have a reason to come to the server anymore. The OCD is one of the most unique elements to the server, and losing it to appease the whims of a few people who want the ill-conseved market system to work, will end the game.
Market systems work only when players are unable to build everything in the game, or otherwise acquire said items by means other than the market (taking bases). In this 90% combat oriented game, one can acquire most anything easily from taking another persons base or CV.

If you really want to encourage trading, limit the skill training based upon origins. Trades being able to produce anything but weapons (or everything), while Guardians are restricted to SV/CV production. Pirate, hunters and freelancers are restricted to general (t1 items) and require to trade or loot for T2 items.

This is how you encourage a market, by limiting availbility of a resource, but in which case you risk losing players who would play on this server because they can play on other servers. Without the OCD, and with the gimping to the AMā€™s (auto miner cores), you already make the game difficult. BE CAREFUL how much further you go down this road to appease a few vocal individuals.

Unlimited money? people get more interest than they spend ingame, which makes em possible to buy anything, and can raid endless without need of the thought that they lose something, which i would call ā€œgodmodeā€ ā€œcreativeā€

1 Like

well there is no thing such as unlimited money. IT all has an end. But to spend 30-40 million per season you need to get that in to.

Well the thing is, after evry season your richer and richer, even tho you spend alot of money into raiding, you even told me you entered into some combined bank account with nikola tesla to even get more money, does it not have an end? i lost all i own evry season, so i can next season have something to fight for, not play creative mode.

I didnā€™t become the best pvpā€™er because of wealth and fortune, i started at the bottom learned how hard work pays off, but now clearly the server has become pay to win so people get to keep their bank accounts evry season, stock up alt accounts.

Rexxus and Jascha made the OCD come to life, since people wanted to save stuff when it was wiped, but i am sure the intention was not for people to stock up materials to the max, back in the days we used up all materials in ocd for pvp.

People had more fights, people got more angry because they lost it all, now if i raid someone they will just OCD more stuff out and go on with their day, there is no real pvp and surviving anymore, creative mode but in multiplayer.

1 Like

So many wrong things in this postā€¦

1: I dont realy get richer and richer. I am staying in about the same margin all the time. Ā±50 millionā€¦
But then ofc i spend alot of money and do goldmining all the timeā€¦

2: Dont you think i started at the bottom. We started almost the same timeā€¦ And to say that you are the best pvp player is just bullshit in my opinion. You are the best in being gray. Using exploits or anything that is so close to rulebreaking that its hard to say whats right or not. Abusing OP when it was there and so on. Simple fact is that you are a bully. You like taking down the week and living on what they can offer.

Still i have to say that you have made some realy nice fighting but i wont say that you are even close to being top pvp player on this game.

OCD is a problem and i think the new settings are good. You cant store everything any moreā€¦ Fine im all good with that.

Everyone want to pvp. but without some type of OP protection when you arnt online its a problem spending millions setting up bases to see someone hand drilling in for 8 hours when you are at work.

Only exploit i used before was the Offline protection which half of the other server used aswell, but i made sure the devs knew about it and then they patched it, the rest with digging below bases is not an exploit but an built ingame tactic, and no Zappe i was here before long you even joined, i mean you are leader of TCH and cant even build on pvp since your afraid of getting raided during night, me and Blackwing built on pure pvp planets with all we had, we didnā€™t have unlimited resources.
We withstanded the biggest factions in the server, and who is the best pvpā€™er then? gonna nominate yourself? from my experience TCH lose more than they get during raids period.

1 Like

Ok there is one thing i realised, 50k limit pretty much solves it, thats something i see from different angle. It looks different.

Well time to say that us hoarders should get rid of it, feels a bit unfair, by that i mean spent not delete, it took time to collect.

So i guess ill throw it in combat next seasson :slight_smile:

I think that may well be the last season for a lot of players. Myself included.

4 Likes

My popcorn is stocked but before I throw popcorn at you I say it clear:

that is a total blatant lie and I am very specific about people stealing my ideas or even claim my ideas as their ideas. And with specific I mean I ban / ignore them forever.
So watch out - in all friendliness!

2 Likes

Nonono please dont wipe banks i worked so hard for moneys :frowning:

I have bult so many bases on pvp and you have seen some of them and played themā€¦ im just borred with building for 7 days and then get taken out during night due to the fact that i need to sleep. In the long run thats realy anying. Its not even fun to take out offline bases or ships. The fight is always more fun.

With being the best pvp players i could think of some people but im not one of them. Thats not my thing.

Still everytime the admins wants to do something to help the server you are the first one to jump on them and complain instead of just accepting that this game is alfa and there is problems with it. As soon we get any restrictions yuo are saying that you wont take it and so onā€¦ the thing is that noone cares in that case. If you dont like the restrictions then there is other servers where you can build up to tier 25 and lag shoot babies in space with the large ships you want.

I have seen you since i started playing on this server and i have to say that it was hard keeping away from you in the begginningā€¦ You raided everything. So for a newbi you where realy dangerus.

Today its not the same thing anymorre.