Empyrion client Freezes after login

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I was walking a round in EGS HQ for a while and suddenly the Empyrion client freezes. I had to do a hard kill of the process from task manager. Now after I log in the client freezes after 3-5s and just before the server announced a restart I did the DESTROYME command to manually /unstuck me the client frooze right after the death animation. Now Im dying all over again after I login and the the client freezes.

Additionally, the server got restarted now has my backpack disappeared as well. I guess that is by design that we need to pick up stuff and if we don’t do that when the server restarts I guess its gone. But I didn’t have time to pick it up bcz my empyrion client freezes all the time.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> MrGyllen

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 2021-01-24 23:01 - 23:19 (the last time I relogged)

On which Playfield?
=> EGS HQ

Structure Name(s)?
=> EGS HQ

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> Dont have time to do that before the client freezes

How can we help you now?
=> Not sure. I don’t know if this is a HWS issue, it might be an Empyrion bug but neverthless, I can’t login and play anymore. Alos, if you somehow can fix this I’d like my backpack back bcz the only reason I dropped it was beacuse I thought I coudl maybe get away from the buggy area by killing myself with DESTROYME command. But it didnt work or it didnt do it fast enough for me to get to the spawn option, it freezes before that.

Hey, could you please go here: …\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs
And then find the latest log where this happened, and send the text file here?

Hi Dr Dark!,

Here are my two latest log files.

Client_210124-230442-76.log (7.6 KB)

Client_210124-231818-59.log (8 KB)

Just a small but really annoying thing and something I did know about and was planning on to avoid is the tax in EGS. My plan was to do a first visit to EGS HQ but not staying there and because of the freeze problem I got taxed this morning for three vehicles and I haven’t been focusing on earning money and are now in debt to HWS. I really would like to have that fixed as well (if possible).

Thanks!

A quick note,

I can start and load HWS in creative mode.

Update!

I have an idea of what might have caused this but it is just a hunch.

I did a fresh restart of my pc and made sure everything was up to date like drivers and graph settings. I also realised that ReShade might be causing this even though I’ve never had this problem before and have been using it for many games and never had any issues with it.

I unistalled ReShade and tried to log in and I didn’t have the freeze issue.

So, maybe ReShade was the problem and/or the pc restart and/or graph settings check solved this. Anywho… I’m glad I could log in again.

Is there anyway I could get my BP back? I only lost it because of this issue and me killing myself right before the server restart. I had the nice Patreon helmet and some other tuff. Not much but still. And the tax but that isn’t that big of a deal, just annoying because I knew about and could have avoided it if I didn’t have the freeze problem.

Hey,

I refunded the tax and restored the backpack

2 Likes

Thx, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.