Faction battle event

Hi everyone, this is an idea I have about a battle event for the PvP factions.

We have some mighty PvP factions, they have some mighty ships, but I know they want more combat.
It strikes me that they need some sort of faction only event aimed at the leading pvp factions.
With a trophy the best faction can claim.

A new planet has appeared in the cosmos, it is a domain only accessible by the winning faction of the weekly battle event where 2 or more factions fight in an organised battle for ownership of this planet.

Each faction will enter a set amount of captains and a set amount of ships.
For example with 5 ships and 5 captains per team.
The idea is to have a mixture of cv class size also, too many battle are pure class 7, here learn to work with 2 different vessel class in a combat situation, this requires some skill and coordination between a factions members,
Say a total of 3 class 7 and up to class 4 for the other 2.
So class 4 will be support ships which can switch between the task of repairing their lead ships during the battle or defending.

The game will allow factions to each formulate their own plan of attack and strategy with this mixed class of ships to make it more interesting.

The winning faction can choose upon winning to open the planet to public and even choose it as pve if they are a friendly faction, sharing all the resources, or if they are an evil faction they may want make it pvp and keep it open to catch other players or maybe even to lock it off completely for their own use. Taking all the resources it has. It should have some gold deposits as well as the other rare ores.
Those ores will only replenish after the next event for control of the planet.

You might not want to build on the planet if it is going to be lost eventually so its purpose is just for the resources but also it could be placed somewhere that gives a good jump off point into pvp via multiple routes.

The planet will be considered a strategic vantage point to PvP factions who want to lock it for themselves and when controlled by a friendlier faction it may become a mining safe haven of rare resources for pve miners who dare to venture through pvp space to get there.

The hws connect can show us a clan battle history for the event to show who controlled the planet on what dates etc.

I dont know if this is the kind of idea that the pvp crowd here would enjoy but the more i write it and read it back the more it sounds like a cool worthy concept.

Battles like this could potentially help to reduce some toxicity and perhaps even reduce some of the tension between the factions.
Somewhere they can have a structured faction battle with fair sides and shout GF! at the end.
A game they can employ different tactics weekly.
The game can take place on both servers and factions can attempt to control both each week.

Hope for your feedback everyone.

1 Like

This kind of already exists if you were not aware of the Homeworld event.

@calo
I was vaguely aware of the hw event when this idea popped to mind, it was an additional event idea.

There is a distinct difference though with the choosing of a pve pvp for the week after winning the battle, but I suppose that idea could potentially be augmented onto hw event if rexxxus so wished it.

Thanks for the info regarding hw event btw, I was not sure of specific details of the event.