Factory made ships are gone

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=>
I logged onto a 2nd computer and lost all my factory created ships.
Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> synchro123

Server? (EU or NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Just now

On which Playfield?
=> OH

Structure Name(s)?
=>

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> Can they be restored?? I had about 10 ready to spawn :frowning:

sorry, as far i know, they are lost…finished ships in factory are “cached” by the game locally (on your current PC), not server side so when you change your login PC everything is gone.
If you are often changing or logging in from another PC, you best option would be taking this cache folder and copying it to the other PC (and back, every time), it worked about 80% of the time for me.
This is result of Devs not planing or actively developing multiplayer in this game, there is nothing HWS can do about it (as far my and experience from several other people goes).

2 Likes

Hey, like Marko said blueprints are all local.
If you change PC you won’t be able to see them but they still exist, you just need to log onto your other PC again :wink:

But for future reference if this is not the case.
Admins have no control over blueprints, and no logs. If some error happens and they actually disappear you’ll just have to accept the loss :grimacing: Not much can be done.

Yes that is correct completed blueprints are stored locally. The only way would be to manually copy files back and forth between machines before logging in. or having folder redirect setup which is its own special level of hell. I found it best when using two computers to have an alternate account rather than messing up your original

They won’t get them back by switching PC’s again. Once you log in from the wrong pc once and fully connect they are gone completely from both PC’s.

Once you log in and the server realizes you are missing those files something gets deleted on the server/game side automatically and there is no way to restore it. Sadly

It creates an error that you are missing files, then once you switch PC’s again they will be removed from the original PC as well.

At least, that’s how it has always worked in the past.
It’s because of tamper protection basically.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.