Family Share accounts on HWS

Hows about a compulsory register of those Multi Account / Familly Sharing so admins can see which tags are tied to who? Too much hassle?

Thanks for the info. But that would make no problem.

I used it my intention was to get my daughter more interested to save me playing minecrap ā€¦I mean Minecraft lol, was great in its time but has been superseded by other titles over the years, anyways my daughterā€™s laptop can just run empyrion but even opening a cargo box takes about 2min so that idea went out the window. I then thought I might have an alt in another origin but got bored quickly and now the account gathers dust, but I will point out a few things for the people who do use this legitimately, as other have mentioned.
A shared account can only access the game if the sharing account is not using it.
Multiple instances of steam canā€™t be ran on the same computer
The family sharing feature is limited to a maximum of 5 accounts.
This being said the main issue it would seem comes from multiple steam accounts being used over a multiple PCā€™s this would allow multiple connections and also from two accounts can come ten with the family sharing feature.
Maybe limiting connections from ipā€™s if possible as each pc will have an individual IP their wan IP should match. May not completely solve this issue but will make it much harder to circumvent.

Multi accounts with multiple api gold miners would be highly profitable, a spool up time sure but after you break even its pure profit. Buy RP buy NPC trader packs never mine anything.

True Iā€™ve been thinking about ways that it could be exploited today and there are actually quite a few. Ofcourse Iā€™ll not list them here but even the family sharing feature does provide possibilities for exploiting

How is that different from buying the miners for faction members? Because that is what I do. Are you saying that should be against the rules?

lets say each of those members had 10 accounts with 10 lvl 10 gold miners, multiply that by how many extra accts they want to make

Thanks for your posts and couple of PMs.

Till 6.0 we want to test it - so family share accounts will be disabled with 5.2.
Yes it does not solve the problem - people can still abuse multiple accounts but they think twice before spending real money to just grief other people. And if they still do - sooner or later we found out and they are banned - easy as that.

For some of the people we might have workarounds.

Is it alright to have multiple real accounts to be able to invest more into autominers and get more out of it? I wouldnā€™t mind naming them kogamiā€™s slave or something so its imposible for it to be used as a spy xD

Guess not thenā€¦

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

I have a shared account i Used in 4.3+ to help keep KptnKurk faction alive after the mini episode, of his faction items going public from him leaving his own faction. I have not used it , but i have seen Kirk back since then.

Our family is now playing on another server - no hard feelings; this one is just not practical for us anymore. From now on, it will just be me playing here. Like Kogami, though, Iā€™d appreciate a ruling on multiple accounts as they are separate and distinct from family share. If they are unwanted here, I will discontinue the toon I use to help new traders (Wreck Roughneck). But, it would be helpful to know the rules, so I can comply with them. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know - because we had to analyze still some data it is not active today as you might saw.
We are still not 100% sureā€¦ if we block it from the beginning we canā€™t check it as good as now with our tool. They just buy another copy of the game and we have to find out - sooner or later.

If we still allow it we need a LOT of time finding it but without people leaving HWS like you.

You can PM me however to get a solution maybe.

Not quite sure why this is even an issue. There are many folks (dadā€™s mostly) that share their game libraries with their kids. Now the people abusing it to do disruptive stuffā€¦ are not going to find the ā€œLimitā€ of family sharing an issue. The game is frequently on sale for $10, so that trivial amount is not going to do anything to discourage anyone that really wants to mess with people/games. If the game cost say $50 or somethingā€¦ that could be enought to make them pause and disallowing sharing could be a good first step. But people will always find ways to harass others if they are hell bent on doing itā€¦ be it sharing/multiple accounts/DDos/etcā€¦ More likely however, to loose a few folks to other servers like SirPride above for example, than stop any motivated jerks.

The guy above didnā€™t explain his case at all. Also he left the server before any of these restrictions are active, so he left for other reasons. the $10 cost will deter some spoiled kids for sure.