FPS event , could it become fun one day?

Hello all ,

The fps event has a terrible map and a not so good spawn layout .
Honestly i only have bin there ones and didn’t get to see match of it . It doesn’t help that it is not ffa , big factions have big advantage . To me just a harvest poi for the bigger factions .
As it is not even a thing to promote HWS with in any way . I was wondering if this could change ?

I know the hardest thing will be to make faction members go fps on each other , but under the right conditions and rules it could be fun . Just like now you won’t loose any personal stuff , only one rp per death . Every player spawns in with weapons ammo and a (epic)armour , when you die you spawn back in fully loaded again .
Lot’s of things that could make the FPS event a more fair game .

And when yo all wonder what the heck could be a better FPS map ,… i gave it a try and build one . Based on HL2 dm killbox experience i spent some hours in limbo(creative) .

Inside shot of one of the rooms :

Still working on the textures , it is size class 10 and runs great at private games . Needs some serious modding to become a FPS event , honest modders can ask me to pm the BP if they want to have a go at it .

Greets to all ,

1 Like

Hey @TargeT

cool, thanks for your contribution. Once you are done, let me know please.
Btw. it’s the third topic about it already :wink:

Even that is refunded at the end of the event.

yeah, that is tricky. The options we have to think about yourself are

1 Like

Lol, like i said i didn’t see match of that quake arena , i have a feeling the scaling is a bit of . As one player can dominate all spawn points i seems . A upscale and rework of spawns could make that map fun again to , like have a map rotation , daily or weekly .

FFA always has problems keeping players from teaming up , winner takes all is a good way to keep hostilities going . But it won’t stop some from teaming up anyway . Loot can be split after the event . To not make the FPS event a admins headage is a hard thing to do .
A team deathmatch would be easy to create if it is faction and alliance bound . But that would expel a lot of one player factions if the refuse to make alliance with others . Something to think about , kind of force players to team up for FPS events . could be fun . The map i created is team dm ready to .

And yes Rex you have the exclusive first view on my FPS BP , when it’s ready :wink:

2 Likes