Give Rex your feedback!

I know enough :slight_smile:

Wuuuuut? Who even need that useless yellow metal? :smiley: There is the only true reason to go PvP - rip and tear, until its done (c)
About gold, credits, resources, etc… I spent tons of time doing missions on ECC and other PvE stuff this season on HWS. You can earn hundreds of millions credits doing this no problem. You can have everything without going to PvP at all. Just read forum, discover HWS features and use your brain… But there is one nuance. If you sit in PvE and play PvE - don’t F tell community about PvP, okay? Very simple.

Back to our main topic…
Oh, its too many word I should type here, I’m not in mood. In short, wild PvP is not fun mostly. It was better with old cfg, now its just suxx. Its like street racing - you try to overtake people who do not know that they are competing with you. Also you got no clear goal and criteria for victory. For example JVI never loses in PvP cause they got no losing criteria. It’s all personal.
But there are official competitions, with goal, regulations, limits, prizes, etc. All defined there. And its pretty much always challenge of skills. On HWS you can reach an agreement with people in private talks and make some competitive fights, buts that’s all, there are no more options. So I would like to have some sort of PvP tournament with clear rules, limitations, goals and prizes. Then people would prepare for tournament stages instead of smashing crying PvE miners.

1 Like

PvP Tournament, 20M prize, 10 players, HV SV and CV battles.

Max block count, build your own ship, max CPU tier…

Or just a simple blueprint like HVDM or CVDM, then everybody fights. Last man standing or most kills, there’s so many options!

1 Like

Yes, the majority of my pvp experience is from ~a year ago and I’m sure I haven’t ascertained the entirety of what is current. But, that also allows me a sort of differing perspective. When I left, I didn’t have the ability/foreknowledge to pack my OCD full of CPU extenders and gold by which to create them. I had ~1,000 gold ingots which I blew through creating extenders for SV, and CV. Finding enough gold in PvE to even get off of the ground was a grind. The loot tables on HQ POI’s don’t contain enough raw mats to really get started. Then you add to that, a smallish cache in flying city, that I only know about because I’ve played HWS before, and then I was barely going.

When I entered HW sector in a mining CV looking for more zasc and gold it was not more than 1.5 asteroids in and I had people on me during off peak hours. I evaded Op4 once and warped away while he was still 6k out, the other time, I guess I wasn’t paying close enough attention to the pings and got ganked by an SV. I was expecting to be able to warp away like in the past but couldn’t. There was really no indication that I couldn’t either until I was already screwed. There went 4 T4-SV and 4 T4-CV CPU extenders in a single “fight.”

The barrier to entry for PvP is high. Lots of mats and to actually win, lots of knowledge gained from blowing up. So, I’d argue that by giving more relevant mats in PvE sectors, the risk and barrier to entry for PvP is lowered. It would result in more PvP, not less. The reason why OH was able to ever become a reasonable contender was that Phoenix system (and others) had everything required except Mg. Gold wasn’t a factor. Now there is no real source of PvE gold unless I just haven’t looked hard enough.

Then you add the last layer of risk on top of all of that, no warp while being attacked. Maxed out non-mining PvP ships are almost always going to win 1 on 1 simply because of the fact that the lasers for mining are a significant CPU chew as well as container controllers to store any real amount of ore. We all know that miner popping is never not a thing. The idea that if there was somehow more PvP, noob miners would be left alone is a fallacy. So either I’m mining and warping TF out in time, or bringing a full combat ship. But even when I’m in a mining ship I can’t really get much done, which means I have no mats to build PvP ships with, so no PvP, because I can’t afford it and I don’t want to grind hours away. This constrains the amount of mats that can be mined from PvP sectors, so the big guys have no one new to fight against.

Instead of hard locking someone into combat what about like a significant RP loss or whatever? But if I know you Chaotic, you want your free blocks lol. For me, I’d love to make some money by designing ships that people want, Lockheed Martin does it why can’t I lol?

1 Like

I didnt attack anyone, you were calling my opinion childish…so Squish stfu.

Insisting others play the same way you do, and dismissing their opinions because they don’t, is childish. Your opinion does not matter any more than anyone else’s. Sorry if you don’t understand that.

For those of you who are here trying to be the authority on PvP and belittling people who don’t share your opinions, you are part of the problem of why you have little to no PvP. I’m just here sharing my experience in restarting on HWS and how it could go better. If you want new players to be interested long enough in this server to get to the hardcore PvP, IN MY OPINION, things have to change. And that’s what this post is, an opinion. If you don’t like it fine, but you come at me in bad faith, with 0 arguments, and all personal attacks. Honestly, if you can’t make a well reasoned counter argument, your commentary is useless and you shouldn’t even bother posting.

1 Like

We came from the bottom when it was harder than it is now. With a bigger hoard… ABN was just 2 of us. Yes we got slapped around but we learned quick and didn’t stop coming out because of it. E we learned fast that the risk vs reward was worth it. I’m slowly getting tired and might just call it a fat L and stop playing all together tbh

Entrance to PvP is so low and ez, even young PvE cook-girls join fights, I know a couple.
Seems like you are the only guy who have problems with gathering resources… tiny PvE problems :slight_smile:
I donno, maybe read my blog The Legendary Blog There is a BP of T2 CV miner there, I even made some kills on it.

1 Like

Why so toxic?

I don’t like people who prefer to complain and asking for easy life instead of working your way through difficulties. HWS has one of the easiest starts from zero.

1 Like

Sure. I agree.
Still, aren’t you able to express yourself without the insults and condescending attitude?

I only ask because, it seems the PvP players have a permanent PvP mentality. This is a forum discussion, not PvP. There is no PvP banter happening here. So, it’s essentially just pointless insults.

I think it would be better to stick to suggestions and feedback, rather than personal attacks, don’t you? Save the rest for PvP banter.

Nobody will take your suggestions seriously if they are followed by insulting others.

To help, I’ve edited your previous post to remove all personal attacks while still conveying your message:

“The entrance to PvP is relatively easy, not many people are having trouble with it.
Read my blog The Legendary Blog There is a BP of T2 CV miner there, I even made some kills on it.”

It’s a good message, without the rest.

This is good feedback.

/s

It’s cool dude, just ignore them. It isn’t the first or the last time someone is going to troll on here. I just hope I got more people to write to Rex, that’s all I wanted.

1 Like

How to HWS

1. Create forum post to voice/discuss feedback related to making PVP have less PVP (Its a forum, if discussion was not wanted you would not have posted)

2. Get active topic discourse from a number of involved parties who have literally played seasons with the requested changes active

3. Complain and call everyone childish for not agreeing with you instead of discussing the topic. Again, its a forum, “a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.”

4. ?

5. Profit (Rules/Patch changes, further reduction in active PVP players, reduced performance)

2 Likes

It seems very few people in this thread are capable of voicing any opinion without simultaneously berating others.
It’s really not difficult.

In your first response to this post you were the one calling names…so isnt that the pot calling the kettle black? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There fixed it for you! :kissing_heart:

Dude, these people have nothing but their own dominance in mind and try to derail discussion on purpose, I’ve seen it a million times on here. The current server set up enables them to crush nearly everyone new. I ran FLN back in 19’, we dominated GG and HW with FU and TAW. We had an alliance. The effort it took to get to that position was enormous, like a year’s worth of effort from starting from scratch. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours learning PvP design theory alone before we started actually winning. All I see now is more rules that favor entrenched PvP interests. These jokers clearly don’t actually care about what is best for the server or they’d be behaving differently. They are self motivated.

Yet the irony is they still complain that there isn’t enough PvP and have terrible ideas on how to get there. Most of which revolve around making it impossible to advance at all unless you venture into PvP space and get blown up a whole bunch of times. Because in their mind a PvP kill is a PvP kill, it doesn’t matter that they just alienated a newer player. I’m sorry, but the average player just doesn’t have the time to be even slightly competitive in PvP, nor do they want to feel useless against a whole team of coordinated giants. That’s why there is more PvE playing. Few people want to be blown up with no chance on their free time. But, instead of acknowledging this, trolls like above still want to be supreme leaders of ultra factions and try to make rules/gameplay that only favor themselves.

Bottom line is this, HWS was fun because it had cool features that glossed over the hardcore PvP nature of half of the server. Those features seem to be fading while simultaneously PvP seems even harder. Like if I expect to even have a prayer of winning, I’ll have to spend at least a week designing a new fully combat CV given CPU constraints and everything else. Even after that slim chance of winning, that is only a 1v1 fight. There is no way to run if you start to engage and it turns into 5:1, who wants to risk their time and energy like that?

But I digress, The whole point here is that the loudest voices on the forum tend to be the ones that are purely self motivated and also in control of some hugely advantageous resource or ultra large flotilla of ships.

2 Likes

That’s cute :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like

I actually don’t like when veteran pvpers wipe new players, and I vocally tell them that and the repercussions of doing so but at the end of the day it’s each person’s decision. I help people all the time, it’s my favorite part of the game and why I started playing on this server. I personally used to spawn a ride home after I killed someone who needed it before public vessels were removed, and I’d leave their loot behind if they were new/try to return it to them if they couldn’t get it. After the removal of setting vessels to public, yet another change that nobody asked for, I would spawn rides home in without a core but good luck explaining what the new player needs to do there (even put text on the blocks telling them, they still didn’t understand); especially if they don’t speak english. Despite that, I managed to do that for someone named Loki around the start of this season. Now no one can even spawn nearby again so it’s even harder/impossible in some cases to be nice, and if a new player dies in certain spots there’s no way they’ll get their stuff back.

I can promise you that there are PvE spots with every type of mineral node, and some far away PvP ones that nobody goes to. I can also promise you that people are able to run away just fine still, it happens almost daily, multiple times a day. I can also tell you that suggesting changes to warp lock when people are still very capable of running/warping away, because you chose to bring a weaponless miner into a pvp area, is a bad reason for suggesting such changes. You made a bad decision. That’s something to learn from, not come to the forums suggesting changes. You also admitted that the height of your PvP experience and knowledge came from a 3 faction mega alliance… and despite the time you had in that position… you still chose to travel to a PvP area in a weaponless miner, and then when you died you came to the forum suggesting changes to warp lock when it’s already rather easy for a slightly experienced PvP player to run away. There is quite literally a detector that warns you of incoming ganks, and there are all kinds of techniques for getting away from even multiple aggressors.

2 Likes

i am responding to a comment all the way up there!

Sry to say, PVP only made the server toxic! We can mention factions on the line here, but ill not! I support PVP, and encurage it in the faction i am in! But i totaly understand why players will not join PVP anymore!

• Try to escape = Your name is called all over the server as a coward! Even if you just want to live!
  • Win a fight - Your name is all over the server as a cheater!

PVP regular players did in no way create this server… People like me, and everyone i still meet ingame did! Those who can do pvp and pve, without being a little kid everytime we loose, those who can be in pve and agree to go pvp for a fight, or for a teamup!
HWS will survive fine without you and your hostality to the pve players!

HWS is perfectly balanced for pvp/pve! Deal with it!

1 Like