Hints for a good GG PVP tower?

Hello guys,

do you have some hints for a good PVP base on GG ? The towers i made did not survive very long. I build with armored concrete, is this correct ?

Shall i build the 4 artillery turrets on top of the tower or better at ground level ? What is your general suggestion for the weapon placement and the weapon setup, better let them all fire just on the generators or generators and guns and turrets ?

Some Input would be nice to challenge the big factions, just mining with some fire and forget drill HV is boring.

there are sooo many designs out there for a good pvp tower, but a good sv can take them down without a prob, its better to get into a faction or talk to a faction and utilise their bases with yours, remember to op them :wink:

Most people guard their BP and tips very heavily. That is what makes them successful. Best I can tell u is trial and error

I build and prefer disposable bases. If you are not on to defend it (usually with a lot of help) it will be destroyed. So why invest a lot in something that will be steam rolled?

4k rock dust OBO to keep it cheap
4 rocket
6 flak
6 pulse laser

This makes the base cheap and if you lose it who cares.

We have a hws discord channel and if you pop into them thereatr people normally around will pop in and anser your questions
https://discord.gg/5MDQVu and also
https://discord.gg/Axvnmw

lol if your placing a tower on GG NA its a waste of time just make a flat base with all the
turets and that will do a better job than a tower. you put a tower on GG and you will have like 6-10
Taw role it in seconds they are like Mercats.i carnt speak for EU i think that server is more about OLP.

Is just the same on EU. Told that one million times to Rexxus, but it is hopeless. As he is „best friend“ with all the GG owning mega factions nothing will change sigh

NO BASES ON GOLDEN GLOOOOOOBE !!!

So you start off asking for good PVP base designs and by only the 7th post in you’re already using your thread to start a tirade against Rexx as you didn’t get the outcome you wished for regarding GG? Oh well i suppose; i’ll be able to gauge as-to whether you’re serious about good PVP base designs in your response to this I suppose…

To start with; a few good bits of advice when it comes to PVP bases.

1. Don’t make it a tower-towers are weak and will get rofl-stomped by any half brained human-being/faction regardless of how many people they are. As towers can be ‘cut’ resulting in structural integrity doing the rest of the work in collapsing it.
  2. Try to ensure that your arty turrets have a 360 view of the area so that your base doesn’t have any weak angles. A good example of this would be having a setup like this:

--------------(A)----------
-----(A)----------------------
--------------(A)----------
------------------------ (A) You see how i’m not spacing them out uniformly? It makes them harder to strafe :wink: .

Also your arty should not be on the edge of your base where it can get sniped, it should instead be in a centre area in which it can complement the efforts of your other turrets.

1. Redundancies; Make sure your base has generators and fuel tanks spread out in several different locations either over or underground in order to ensure that your base is immune to ‘critical’ hits in which a base’s only generator room getting taken out or something similar.

2. Base placement; Yes although this isn’t quite a design thing it can still allow you to optimize your design. For instance a base with its back to the red barrier (but not glitching into it as that’s against the rules) allows you to maximise your arty to three instead of four fronts, also making it easier to place them in a manner that allows them to cover more turf.

3. Hangar doors; or in other words-AVOID Hangar doors. Any PVP base-attacking pilot worth his/her salt will charge a Hangar door if they see it, as Hangar doors normally lead to poorly defended, resource-rich hangars which sometimes have corridors that roam the entire base. So a PVP pilot will engage the hangar door, to try and infiltrate your base from the inside. Be very mindful of this. Sometimes if you’re logging off place a wall of A.C behind the door if you need to have one in order to stop it from being so easily destroyed.

4. Following on from my point also think of planet placement; no point on putting a base on GG unless you have a committed force to defend it; as otherwise it’s just a waste of resources. Smaller facs do far more damage raiding on GG than they do living on GG, as their small size makes any attempt to base on GG a compelling target; instead smaller facs should focus on raiding and harassment, in an attempt to wither down an enemy. They should also exploit any two-way conflicts that are going on :slight_smile: . But if Rex’s new Arma idea is going ahead then GG will be more forgiving than it used to be.

5. In terms of turret priority I say manual weapons and turrets. Ultimately if you’re not online to defend your base then slowly its turrets will get whittled down. So by making your own turrets targeting the enemy’s weapons systems you can delay the inevitable :slight_smile:

Hope these ideas help!
Best regards
Wise.

Ok, try out my new „Wiseman-base“ tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Goodluck! Just remember that there’s no good alternative for an active defence.

A base without anyone there to defend it will go down regardless of build; simply a matter of time alas.

I hope they fix this one-day, as in its current state one player could effectively destroy a perfectly designed PVP base or even a couple of 'em and it’d just be a matter of time :slight_smile:

Also have spares of stuff if you do plan on actively defending it.

Best regards and good-luck
Wise.

Thanks Wiseman and it exactly happened as you wrote here, sniper brick SVs hovering behind hills took the mighty Wiseman-base out.
So i will delete my PVP base blueprints as they are pointless if bases are not strenghtened by a HUGE amount.

Doesnot matter, back to sneaky cheap miners now. Rexxus attitude towards this topic will save me tons of Erestrum and Zascosium and Magnesium :slight_smile:

Hi Dark, out of curiosity which playfield did ya place your base on?

GG of course :slight_smile:

Ahh yeah that’s prob where it went wrong :slight_smile: If you’re in a small faction I’d recommend avoid basing on GG. Instead on EU the smaller facs go down, start mining in the early hours of the morning/late at night and then leave, by placing down a base on GG you paint a target on your back as well as signalling that you are likely to be on the playfield.

GMC (the EU pvp faction i’m a member of) had a similar issue half way into the season where we tried to go down with about four factions onto GMC in a massive drop operation; but we simply didn’t have the numbers to hold off the attack so we all had to retreat and leave the planet; even if the big factions can suffer on GG without enough manpower to back 'em up.

GG has always been the perfect playground for the big pvp vet facs, if you want a place that’s good in res but less likely to result in a blown up base have a go at some of the other playfields in the HW system maybe or even the Zirax system, don’t forget that if you’re looking for gold you can get some from BH also with the buffed mining laser.

Best regards and good-luck Dark!
Wise :slight_smile:

Thanks for you Input Wise, i led an infinite number of „guilds“ in PVP MMOs but came to the conclusion that is better to work alone than with noobs and „below average“ personal :slight_smile:

Its a pitty that HWS gives the preference „quantity > quality“ like all the others (ARK, Conan and so on).

But well, lets see which surprises Rex has for us on next friday :-).

Yes i tried BH with the buffed mining lasers, it is around double mining speed to the situation before, but the gold asteroids still hold only 1500-2000 gold and there are just 8 of them, PVP is lame as the opponent can warp out at any time. That maybe changes in HWS8 where you have to go back to the stargate for warping out… muhahaha