Homeworld base limit

:frowning: Never give up! :slight_smile:

I try to improve it as good as I can.
I mean in the end, if we only talk about performance here it’s still the best to make it indestructible + auto miner war / meteorite rain or so.

But yeah… I’m also tired of the hundreds revisions I made already :wink:

1 Like

Golden globe definitely feels dead though. The planet is flat and uninteresting. It was always exciting investigating behind dunes to see if someone was sneakily mining the crust. Sure, theres gold in deposits but the crust was the fun part (not just for making money, the possibility of mining anywhere).

If I were suggesting changes to GG, it would be to return the gold crust (only crust, afk miners used mantle) and 1m antigrief since tunneling under bases is indefensible. You’re already subject to base wipes while you’re offline, why make it extra easy on attackers?

2 Likes

I tend to agree, just a flat barren planet with no interesting features, nothing to duck and cover, tends to make it less enjoyable for either the hunted miners or the miner hunters.

Don’t worry. They will soon be adding more textures for the toilets in the forthcoming patch as well. Gold, and brown speckled.

1 Like

Sadly golden globe is like a wasteland and in all honesty aesthetically atrocious. Wish that we knew this is how it would be before the bunker deal imo

1 Like

You break it you bought it!

1 Like

Unfortunately it was a purchase site unseen

1 Like

Sounds like sv are too strong not bases are too weak

The crust mining is more intensive than voxel deposits by a factor of 10 from what i know. Personally i’d just reduce the overall number to aid PVP. Have a handful of supermassive deposits (like 100k res) that can be mined. Similarly to the old days.

The only problem with this is that the drills have been hugely buffed, so mining 100k wouldn’t take as long as it used to. Maybe a debuff to HV drills and a return to the old ways of big voxel deposits? What do the rest of y’all think?

PS: @Serious_Squirrel SVs are NOT OP , 3 svs dealing with a class 1 base sounds about fine. A MILLION times better than when it used to be 1 sv being able to solo multiple class 7 bases. SV and BA Balance is just about right currently.

If it ain’t broke, then don’t fix it!

Best regards
Wise.

How about, 1 Class 7 Base with double or triple turrets for HomeWorld. Per alliance.

Difficult to code. Far easier to simply raise the number ‘1’ to ‘3’ in the line of code that states HWs limits.

Whereas changing the turret count is probably not configureable per playfield. At least that’s what i’m assuming.

Nevertheless one reason alliance want more than one base is to share the +10RP a day.

Your suggestion would unfortunately negate that desire.

Best regards
Wise.

agreed with everything! thanks for the suggestiosn by the way, i have found amazingly good advices for me. i also need some advices for weight loss, but that’s another story i will talk about on https://suppsforlife.to/category/weight-loss/ LOL. anyway, i found really helpful stuff personally for me so thanks! information is always power

I think we should create a new topic to discuss the other ideas, one thing at a time, we should see how the increase on hw goes before other things and hav a more big discussions about decoration remove or water remove and then GG need to b addressed but slowly and lets stay civil and b nice to eachother at the same time this rexx server but we jus suggest ideas ultimately rexx hav vision for how he want us to play but we give him good feedback.
I suggest we see how hw is now that limit increase hopefully not hav to get rid of trees n rocks etc its nice planet.
i suggest we create new topic to discuss GG but ya imo slowly and one thing at a time

2 Likes

No way!

1. I’m fairly certain weapon counts are a server setting unless it’s admin spawned. Not per playfield.
  2. Bases lag enough already. Class 7 just allows factions to add more lag inducing structures to the base. If anything the size should be lowered since base count went up.

I think its class 1

HW already lags as it is, too many dam entities. Kill mobs/deco by like 60%. It like when you enter a donor/planet and the terrain doesn’t render and all you see is an endless field of deco entities scattered far and wide.

I have to literally sit for 1-3min before the ground renders on homeworld, if I sit above a deposit.

5 - 10 HVs wouldn’t work as many alliances have x2 - x3 of that as a member base.

I would say both. That way people could actually setup proper footholds. With no anti-grief they’ll still be easy to take out without active defenders.

This is why i mean 5-10 HVS per faction instead of 15 per faction. The alliance limit could remain the same at 30. By having each faction of the alliance place a smaller amount of HVS there’s less opportunity for them to zerg the living hell out of the playfield. As right now you only need an alliance of 2 people/factions to plant down 30 hovers. Which is insane in terms of lag generation.

Best regards
Wise.