Hotel System for ECC [reworked:15/SEP]

For me this is a great idea! Another way for players to be at a bigger part of the game!
Not sure how to make it all work, since players at the given hotell need to be tax free!

Maybe a way to let the hotel owner register addr staright to the admins? This way players and ship will go tax free! Same as owning a penthouse now!

Also… Make the hotels a bit more expensive than the penthouse, and with main admin admission to build it!

I belive there is a way to make this work for the players!

Could always use the Meta planet and not have to charge taxes, because honestly, your “tax scale” would cost far too much. Or, you can try to implement the Hotel on Meta planet, and see how many people use it. The only possible way that the a hotel on ECC would be used, by me personally, would be if it had all the normal zones like the EGS HQ, along with a lot more amenities that aren’t easily available. The biggest issue with the taxation is that I can live on ECC, at the HQ, for the rest of the season and not touch a million credits lost due to the taxes. 1.75 million per day is a lot of money, roughly equaling the tax if I left a 2 Class 7 SV’s and 2 C1 CV’s.

1 Like

Great point you have here, thank you for the feedback!
So, what about the big picture of the idea above?:

• more vessels not parked directly on ECC HQ, but instead at their Hotel far away from the structure so far it is not even loaded on the screen, having even less to load at HQ, also less CVs since the hotel ll provide their CVs device in a shared way, so less total amount of devices.

Thank you so much for your point of view, that is a amazing argument.
If you allow me, i would love to share you my view about the PentHouse Planet:

• Not so sure, about the admin main goal for this planet, but i think it would be to allow single players to own a massive luxury big bases with astonishing decoration, with a short way travel to ECC Planet, totally free from grief-er, exploiters and EVEN taxes.
  • Hotel System for ECC idea concept is trying to promote a good reason to allow some how a heavily expensive taxable structure, that runs with community sharable areas with very limited expansion space (except ground to the sky #Hotel), for players to have a rotation accessibility with their rented apartments while they are actively running around ECC for too long, or even maybe living there the whole season on compact apartment withing room buddies, and also with the down side to have coded device access.

Thank you for the feedback, by trying to be a little more fair with other players than just have a unique exception allowance, update the main ideas bases on your posted idea:

• What if we have a limit of 10 Hotels per server and run a Season Contest to know which of them can keep their granted Hotel Permits ?

Thank you for the like. If you have any ideas, add to discussion and try to make as solid as possible (real working without breaking any other feature from the server), since i believe that HWS goal is to be the best server EVER period. So, probably is always open minded for new ideas(maybe as long as they are playable and dont crash the game economy, mechanic, or even previous hws-features, than it could be more close to be real one)

• About the reputation: some how the Hotel Dealer would have indeed increase a lot his reputation to keep alive from the crushing suggested tax, probably some hotels might not get any profits at all, so if work as stated would be a very risky investment.

Thank you a lot for your feedback.
Not sure if it is possible, but not to bee too much over power:

• What about if the registered hosted players at the hotel could be free from taxes for one SV, as long as they are parked withing 1km or closer to the Hotel Structure?
  • Or even better if this power above is a Hotel Dealer Donator Boost that can be only be acquire donating X amount, or paying X HWS Ingots (admin decide),

Thank you for sharing your view as well for the feedback.
about these ideas, cant be so sure if i am right to say, but i think:

• The whole goal of having a hotel for anything would be to use a very restricted space, contributing enough that makes it value its location since it ll save you the travel time many times in the same day, otherwise would be nothing more than just bases for many players, no reason to stay together and save space and share devices, and again with the downside of coded devices.
    If that wasn’t the case, why don’t u just :
    #Go_For_Megazord_Power_Ranger each CV Class 1 combined to make a big stationary griefer hotel anywhere you want with no restrictions, just the regular tax daily tax for about 4 or more Class 1 CV (depends on your faction member size)?
  • The taxes is to be payed from the Hotel Dealer Only, the hosted players pay only a rent to the structure owner.
    Ok i agree with you that the tax is a little heavier, at the start would actually rip guts off to pay with probably no promising rents on the first weeks.
    But what about the idea i told @dQgnflua just above?
    if the Hosted players are allowed to be free from tax for one SV parked at least 1km near the hotel to be tax exempt regardless its class size?,
    then it ll be like (limited: class 7 * 2 = 14 total vessels) free from tax with this conditions) so it justify for you the actually 3.75M daily tax with a class 7 hotel and 1000rp owner(Hotel Dealer)?
  • I think the EGS HQ Zones (Market, Bank, EGS, Garage) as you mentioned could ONLY work on a Hotel if it was each zone a Donation Support Package for Hotel Dealers, and be also restricted only to hosted players on the zone to be able to use it inside the Hotel, all other players would have to go to EGS HQ. (love the idea btw, even though i think admins might not like it)
1 Like

Agree with you, in my opinion, that is a great ideia! This going to help lots of people who travel big distances just for trading and this person has to come back the same big distance.

I am still against this Idea, and adding Zones to a Hotel makes it even worse.
The ECC is still overcrowded, even with a 7 Days Timer. The whole Playfield would take longer to load when 50 People live there.
This whole Post sounds to me like pure Cherry Picking. Living in ECC without even leaving the building to get your Business done. Horrible…
@MadierH travelling is part of the Game.

1 Like

Play, support, & vote long enough to convert RP to HWS ingots for an Astral Supergate

1 Like

Leave ECC for Banking and economy Things like Garage and market place . We dont need people living there causing lag and issues . I do however think it could be more a of huge city environment . That way more people see each other . Verses having bases all over the planet make one big city to talk around in . Getting rid of all the portals might help

1 Like

I do like the idea of a big city to explore and meetup. However the limitations of the game engine hinder creating large complex structures. As it stands we can have a large plain world or a smaller more detailed one. The portals help work around this by making several smaller detailed pods to travel between. The classic visuals vs performance war. Finding that happy medium is rough :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah that is true maybe making the buildings not as big to get them together would be possible . Like the Garage this season for example . It is huge and not many vehicles there . That could become smaller to help with loading issues of a bigger city

@Bob & @Bronco40 If you want to try out what impact a big city on the game has, test this here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1293470269&searchtext=

1 Like

1 Like

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1185239983

:wink:

haha I have seen these before . I wasnt meaning to this extreme . But it does load fine on my PC … Not saying it would on all players pc’s lol

Just wait till you load up a private server and turn the Nexus Station into a huge explosive block lag-fest… Even my “decent” PC went down to 1 FPS and lost connection to server 30 times :wink:

ya galax city knocked me down to 12 frames. very beautiful tho.

I have made a separated topic to help fix your complains. you can check it out here:

Its still cherry picking to add Zones to a Hotel and nobody needs an overcrowded Playfield on ECC. If 50 People live there, they want to park there. Taking single people out of the tax because they sit in a hotel where they dont even need to step out of the door to do their business, how lazy are you? Its “Empyrion - Galactic Survival” and not “Empyrion - Enjoy the view”…

1 Like
  • Overcrowded playfield?
    • Would be the same as suggesting that the playfield should be illegal to have any size CV, or even update the whole playfield to have scalar tax base, paying more expensive each hour cycle for the WHOLE playfield.
    • Anyone already can own, CV class 1.49 parked anywhere in the ECC System by paying (excuse me) a laugh-full cheap system taxes.
  • Taking single people out of tax?
    • What does that even mean? the hotel is paying heavy costs, so their hosted dont need to calculate, and then (again laugh-full cheap playfield costs), so they can focus only their RENT costs, while the owner is paying.
  • Dont need step out of the door to do their business?
    • Why not ? they still need leave the building to do anything else in the game, lots of players who go to EGS HQ
    • No different that anyone already can do again as heaving CV near the zones right now.
    • It is still “Empyrion - Galactic Survival” : you need to work to pay your rent, sides that why is wrong to have the freedom to do what you want in a space game? you can just keep doing what you enjoy best in the game and trade your efforts for profit, i myself hate farming water, i am always buying water from others.
      • Add features to the game, increases reason to continue playing Empyrion and share your enjoyments with any others or either the ones you like, period.
      • PS: I Believe any one has the right to enjoy anything in the game, including the view (either from their bases, ecc structures, rented hotels, and even their vessel windows)
    • The hotels would go been supporting HWS, as managing it as a feature, improving performance in HQ, with less load time.

i think of ecc like a shopping mall. we travel there to do our business, hang out with friends, and leave. we do not live at the mall. there are plenty of pve areas to plant a flag. i just don’t see the point of having ships that only sit and collect digital dust. there is a huge galaxy out there to explore. ecc system is just the central hub that guides us. i remember talk of a 7day wipe of non hws structures that are not for sale. what happened to that plan?

2 Likes

I would say, let this Thread die… Spaw has only 4 votes.

2 Likes