How to start with absolutely nothing?

In single player, I like to start out with absolutely nothing. And for a real challenge I start on a planet with no O2. The key is to collect surface ore then build a survival constructor and O2 generator ASAP.

I’m ready to play on a Multi-Player server and the HWS seems to be an awesome server. But I need some advice. What is the best planet to stat

well you choose origin and that determines what planet you start. There arent really the best one and whats best origin for you depends how you play your game

If you want an extremely hard start, start as Prototype and then select a different faction afterward.

Fair warning - Prototype is full of enemies that will be constantly trying to kill you. The environment will try to kill you at the same time with the radiated fog/acid rain, and you will very likely experience multiple deaths as a result of being on this planet. I definitely did but I felt like I was surviving more than I was grinding levels, so it wasn’t bad.

The good news, if it’s too overwhelming for you, you can always cb:restart. If you use your fa:supply though, that will not reset when you restart.