HWS 3.0 Review / Feedback / Donation

If you can show me how to update the PDA txt files I can work on some that in my free time. Or just write you generic filler as txt files and you can copy paste into the PDA.

I donā€™t see Lawless as outside the story. I play it as an independent faction. Scoundrels, smugglers, mercs. The Brown Coats arenā€™t pirates, in fact we may even help you, but we will get involved in criminal enterprisesā€¦

Universe is too large.

Not sure about block limits on SVs/CVs, but there should be a rule that your ship has to vaguely look like a shipā€¦

Factions still donā€™t work properly. Traders are just pirates who get supplied and can be build on PvE. Pirates are traders without any of the perks. Bounty Hunters donā€™t work/exist/have no mechanism to facilitate their play style.

Apply credit cost to AM?? = Bad.

Offline protection being off - I thinks its gone ok.

Hi - Another new player here but an old hand at MMOā€™s.

I think the issue that has affected me most on this server is consensual Vs non consensual PvP. Many people just want to build ships and bases and play the game without being shot at. You can see that is the same here from the overcrowding in the (non refreshed) PvE areas. I like exploring, mining and trading so I joined the Traders guild. Iā€™ve been around many vast empty worlds (at primetime EU) which had almost no resources and absolutely no one on them besides me. These need culling to make more dynamic spaces.

I have also tried to mine the rarest resources Gold and Zā€¦ and watched all the spawn spots on several planets be camped by the pirates. Now on other servers I have engaged in PvP and enjoyed - Iā€™ve been killed and robbed - fair enough. Here people seem to want to not just kill me but to destroy the tools of my trade - to not just cripple my ship but to literally wipe it and my bases from the map.

Its a poor robber who doesnā€™t leave the merchant the tools of his trade in order to rebuild so that they can be robbed again in the future.

I was the player who the Admin kindly confirmed had not lost a CV due to server error - it had been reduced from 1000 blocks to just 33 by players in ā€œPvPā€.

I would love to build bases on PvP planets and give the pirates something to aim for but not if their attitude is to instantly kill on sight and then reduce any structures I build to rubble. (Btw - I voted for on the Empyrion survey for ā€œ
Better repair options for vessels and bases (repair dock, auto repair, full repair to restore original blueprint)ā€ - the ability to reset to blueprint might actually allow bases on PvP worlds - you should promote the survey more!.

In terms of your playfields - a world with structures + heavy defenses that reset daily to give people something to shoot at would be fantastic. A small reward (lootbox in the structure) would be nice but not essential for anyone able to overcome them.

All of the above posts that talk about ā€œCarebearsā€ seem to want victims not PvP. They want to take their 11 gun SC up against a newbie with a stock template SC and gun them into the ground. This is not just personal experience - Iā€™ve watched it happen time and time again over the last few days of play with people on chat asking why on earth would someone take their starter modules leaving them without any means to get up and running again? Iā€™d love to see a coherent answer to that oneā€¦
Iā€™ve also had people follow me out of system to 50km where I park my CVā€™s. No attempt to engage me while I am there. They just want to find an empty base and wreak the place while Iā€™m gone. That isnā€™t PvP. Turning off offline protectionā€¦ not without the ability to rebuild easily thanks.

Cash is hard to come by in the game and so the ability for most people to use the market is very limited. By the time you have significant cash you also have the ability to produce anything you want. This makes trading quite hard - Iā€™ve had success selling things that cash rich players are too lazy to get themselves (Blue Crystals - Iron ore etc.) but little in the way of manufactured goods. If there was a way to make items harder to produce it would make for interesting times. How about making the resources for most Ammo (Mg) only spawn on PvE planets creating a market for the PvP players wanting it? What about making other minerals only spawn on 1 (PvE) faction planet with each faction getting just 1 of the rarer minerals they need, creating trade opportunities.

Regards

The Wolf