HWS 3.0 | universe - part 2

Hello guys,

sadly I couldn’t work too much on the new universe as I wanted… some of you know why… but I am pushing myself again and like promised here is a release candidate for HWS 3.0 universe!

Don’t want to talk too much about it or given perfect detailed information yet - need to finish a lot. I fear 3.0 coming this week…

So here it is and some teasers:

1. I honestly read every post about feedback, blames, hates, suggestions, wishes, etc. and it took me more than 2 weeks to only visualize this thing so yeah, don’t start blaming again too fast…
  2. On the left side your jouney begins… well and on the very right… but that is a surprise… nothing you know or think of… it is a new game mechanic… Anyways on HWS PvE Start there will 3 PvE starter planets and 1 PvE orbit which all of them getting wiped regulary (orbit once per week)
  3. 3 peacekeeper PvE orbits for parking + building a Base and 1 Peacekeeper with 3 pve planets in it (but the orbit is not for building / parking).
  4. Every player / faction will only be able to park/build 2 CV / BA on PVE in total. So not like now where faction A can build on Z and Nova for example
  5. Toll North and South will be a PvE planet which turns into PvP regulary in one week cycle
  6. Economy NPC and Military NPC Traders… :slight_smile:
  7. Resources very accordingly placed depending on range and difficulty of the environment
  8. HWS Story (faction planets) and HW containing 7 planets in one orbit!
  9. A lot more things behind the scence…

[attachment=0]hws-3.0-rc.jpg[/attachment]
So your last chance to give serious feedback before the release.
Thank you all for your feedback till now!

We hope you like it…

Sadly you didn’t mention anything about pvp in this update… i only hear pve here and there.
And it looks like Duke got his wishes through… what about mine? i guess my vote isn’t big enough.

My suggestion would be an credit fee for evryday you have an base in an so called “safe zone” or else it will most likely end with evryone living on pve as before, and pvp will be dead as always,
many maybe think pvp is when you have clans versus clans or setup battles when you go out with an sv to fight, for me its element of suprise, raiding that cargo ship on it way to an planet etc… and then people say we need it to be balanced etc… Wars are never thought on same terms… and people need to live with that, so my final suggestion is, to make one pve server and one pvp server, its the only way. back in the days i could raid countless of bases and get epic loot, now its rat shit you find!

Looks really interesting cant wait to test it out.

Looks good although there is a bit too much PvE. Whilst the game itself is still imbalanced right now this might work but hopefully as the game matures and someone in a HV can no longer take down a 300 turret base (hearsay from other threads!!) then I would hope that where there is PVE space/planets it is very restricted and only the 4 basic ores are available.

Look at hpe EVE did things, if you want to carebear then you will be limited in what you can achieve. Those take the risk, reap the rewards.

[quote=“Thranir”]Sadly you didn’t mention anything about pvp in this update… i only hear pve here and there.
And it looks like Duke got his wishes through… what about mine? i guess my vote isn’t big enough.

My suggestion would be an credit fee for evryday you have an base in an so called “safe zone” or else it will most likely end with evryone living on pve as before, and pvp will be dead as always,
many maybe think pvp is when you have clans versus clans or setup battles when you go out with an sv to fight, for me its element of suprise, raiding that cargo ship on it way to an planet etc… and then people say we need it to be balanced etc… Wars are never thought on same terms… and people need to live with that, so my final suggestion is, to make one pve server and one pvp server, its the only way. back in the days i could raid countless of bases and get epic loot, now its rat shit you find![/quote]
:frowning: I’m almost giving up… you see the image right? And you read what I wrote right? So if you read how many times I wrote PvE, matching this to the image and think again you might come to the conclusion that EVERYTHING ELSE is PvP?!?
And also that the left side has almost 0 resources, right?
So that is the best way to deal with all aspects the game currently gives us. New player have a beautiful start and can prepare very well for Thranir drama and Thranir has more space in the universe ever to wait for them cause they NEED to visit Thranir.

But well talking all the time to my hater isn’t worth it. We think it is the best and ultimative way to make “everyone( not Thranir )” happy in 3.0. If you think we doing crap all the time and didn’t see our efforts at all maybe a mega-full-pvp server is a better way for you.

Paying to live on a planet was already an idea of us but coming later if we have more time. Not so easy to build.

Great work Rex :slight_smile: can’t wait for thus update !

Thran don’t worry i’m sure you will have a lot of occasions to come back as the well know Mighty Thranir :smiley:

I am just wondering Rex, i mean evryone seems to get their demands through, maybe you can name an system after me and i’ll be happy :wink: “Thranirum Empire”

its really an amazing work that has been put down here, but only due to pve players demanding easier and easier tools to survive, so hard universe its not, it was hard universe when people had no storage, no auto miners, and only one pve planet that had pvp events, noone cares if the planet has resources or not, its super easy to get from the market or from your ocd, i am sure people have stocked up their ocd pretty good for this…

PVE turning to PVP once per week that will be interesting. In all honesty the PVP in this game does need some TLC hopefully be some big changes to fix this. Btw good work Rex always appreciate the effort you Jascha and the rest put into this.

Thranir - This is actualy less for pve and more for pvp.

Pve areas going to pvp is great.

With the OCD you dont need any safe bases anymore… Just build and destroy.

Absolutely brilliant mate :smiley:
The PVP section to the right looks brilliant as well!

Nobody gives a fuck what you want mate :laughing:

i think the ppl that blame there isnt enough pvp are the bigger fishes in the game, enjoying to take down new/low ppl and their resources. from what i have seen the past week at mars and the orbit… looked like asocial pvp behaviour which leads to rage quits.
i rather get my auto miners and cargo up before i enter real pvp areas.

[quote=“beatlab”]i think the ppl that blame there isnt enough pvp are the bigger fishes in the game, enjoying to take down new/low ppl and their resources. from what i have seen the past week at mars and the orbit… looked like asocial pvp behaviour which leads to rage quits.
i rather get my auto miners and cargo up before i enter real pvp areas.[/quote]

No, bad beatlab, how dare you speak common sense :laughing:

I mean sure the PVP in this game is shit, laggy, not very fun, but that’s why we need more of it! :laughing:

As always looking very good. hugs admins

Only problem i have with this all is that its not you developing Empyrion, and i mean it, as you are doing what i would call proffessional job. No chat in game? Chat on forum…do i need to say more…I dont think so, its clear, as always 3 steps in front of devs.

I hope this will help to separate both PvE and PvP players while they will be still able to play together and having fun.

The smile on Duke’s face when i place my ugly orbital station next to his golden trade station :slight_smile:

Sorry I am a bit disappointed latley with all the blames and unthankful behaviour of some people.

Thranir fact is that making everything PvP is not possible right now because we turn of OP. Secondly analyzing over 1000 people on HWS the majority even you want to build some beautiful stuff which don’t get wiped regulary or destroyed from a HV artillery 100k km away. So Peacekeepers as its own is a great mechanic. With our tool we will also limit the build permission so you only can have your stuff on one of these permanent PvE areas, you know?

Yeah OCD and Auto Miner makes it more easier but like Elfias I think said once: playing a survival game is ok but that is not always the case. You playing a still buggy survival game where you sometimes losing more by bugs than in PvP for example. We compromise these losses with such features a lot, not?

So please try to see the big picture, not only the PvE piece. The left side of the new universe is for the start and damn dry. Everything from there to the right side is risky, action based, story based and just an adventure. Even the OCD will be getting to 0 after some time and then they need to go to the right side, btw. it is not only about PvP there, also about missions and aliens…

I mean sure, it is not super hard but as I read hundreds of feedback I see that this is by far harder for a lot of people but still enjoyable for non-tryhards.
If turrets working like turrets and OP like OP we will then maybe have the dream of a full pvp universe with features you just enjoy even if you are a beginner.

Thanks for the feedback though. Please understand guys that HWS had over 3000 players since the last months on the server and yeah… we can’t make everyone happy… :frowning:

First: I cant wait… You lads are doing a great job at evolving this game =) =)

second: Empyrion is maby the worst pvp game out there right now, so don`t whine so much about PVP vs PVE just yet. Maby closer to Beta the pvp section will be better =)

third: my suggestions; What about allowing one CW per player per faction, but all at the same playfield? I know it will take some resources of the servers, but now there is ALLOT of flying between planets when 2 or 3 are going for a harvesting. And only one base per faction. And maby a very very small block limit for non- faction players?
This way, factions that build on a non water planet (but maby safer) would have to buy co2/o2 from they who build on a water planet =)

Keep up the great work, as owners and as admins.

dQ

Thranir I understand your desire to hit it big when raiding someone, but you have to think of it from their side as well.
If your hitting it big they are loosing big, the more they loose the less likely they will want to risk anything again and that’s the complete opposite of what you need for a sustainable pvp environment.
Your losses need to be <= gains else people will either invest less or quit entirely, I have a good feeling about this map, it seems like new players will have lots of time to build up and feel comfortable before venturing into the more risky side of the map.
The first few weeks of the new map will not be a very accurate indication of how pvp will be, I would give it 1-2 months before things fall into a good balance.

People fail to see what i am trying to explain here… its fine with pve planets! i don’t care about them, but there should be some epic rewards for living in pvp, not some small resource package, i mean if the system does not sense you have any bases in pve areas you shall get for example an free insta respawn blueprint option evry day or something, that will get people to not build in pve and let out the peasents to be slaughtered and killed ^^

But now you force my hand to kill beginner people and be an complete idiot like i used to be! after an week you all wish that we only had pvp :slight_smile: evil laugh :smiling_imp:

But there is an cure for this evil sickness, an lava planet with the most evil creatures named after Thranir himself.

And Rexxus i am sure evryone here appreciate you work and dedication to this server, but you must be ready to meet some discussion regarding the development direction this server goes…

This looks super cool, I can’t wait to try it out! You guys are really doing an awesome job with this (these) servers and all the scripts.

The way I see it, this helps to address the issues in the game itself (mainly that PvP is really broken) and it gives us the best of all worlds:

1. Plenty of PvE for those of us who want to build a beautiful base
  2. THREE ways to avoid losing everything and having to start from scratch (PvE base, OCD, and AutoMiners)
  3. Serious incentive to have to go into PvP space (resources are scarce in PvE worlds)

So while it might not be the riches-filled bloodbath Thran wants, it has something to offer everybody.

Also, I am all for naming a place after Thran…but only if we also get to name a planet Viking World :laughing:

[quote=“Thranir”]People fail to see what i am trying to explain here… its fine with pve planets! i don’t care about them, but there should be some epic rewards for living in pvp, not some small resource package, i mean if the system does not sense you have any bases in pve areas you shall get for example an free insta respawn blueprint option evry day or something, that will get people to not build in pve and let out the peasents to be slaughtered and killed ^^

But now you force my hand to kill beginner people and be an complete idiot like i used to be! after an week you all wish that we only had pvp :slight_smile: evil laugh :smiling_imp:

But there is an cure for this evil sickness, an lava planet with the most evil creatures named after Thranir himself.

And Rexxus i am sure evryone here appreciate you work and dedication to this server, but you must be ready to meet some discussion regarding the development direction this server goes…[/quote]

Didn’t you already “quit” mate?

You’re such a little drama whore :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=340&p=1927#p1927

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=340&p=1931#p1931

Moderated: Chilly vanilly guys