HWS 4.0 universe feedback

Some ideas that could help promote more PVP and balance:

-Set a limit to the size of a faction. It seems (on the EU server) there are just a couple of large factions (10+) and then tons of small factions. If there was a limit of ~6-8 to the size of a faction, there would be less concern of being vastly outnumbered for individuals or small factions getting into PVP.

-Have combat settings to only fire upon a target if fired upon

-Have combat settings to attack/not attack specific factions or faction types within range

So you want us to kick members out of factions including ones in 100% PVE factions and people who play only a little to adhere to some faction-member-limit and those that PVP just have to split up from their friends? Soundsā€¦ Greatā€¦

Combat settings is not something Rex can change.

A faction size limit is a bad idea. The only way I see to balance the server to make sure mega factions donā€™t take over is the ability to set turret engagement rules. I donā€™t see any other way to fix it other than that and I donā€™t think it can be implemented in the current architecture of the game.

Good ideas, Erdisk.

Some more ideas for next version of universe to your chess game during design of universe.
I know, that my picture of reasons and consequences is not full, so do not spend time with explaining Yes and No, just take a look if there are some usable ideas.

Faction planets needed?
I am maybe new to HWS, but even after reading very old posts, I do not understand reason for dedicated planets for one faction. I am asking myself if faction planets and their limits is just way how to balance number of people in factionā€¦

Faction planets just encourage splitting factions to different planets and reduce PVP. What if we have just PVE and PVP planets? We could benefit from:

• living traders in every corner of universe, because they could supply maybe future local markets
  • more orbital PVP
  • if alliance and traders share the same planet, maybe alliance will come to help trader attacked at orbit or hunt attackers waiting there after fight
  • We are probably far from conquering planets, but maybe some faction quests like reduce planet tax for just for one faction will be possible in near future which will create some goals for non PVP players

How about creating four corners of universe (except of core and PVP rotating planets) each corner with PVE+PVP planets available for all factions. We will see if concentration of pirates in one sector will reduce population on PVE planet in that sector.
I think you can create variable tax for planets (with more people/bases, there will be more tax) so new people will naturally aim for planets with less population.
Yes, I do not have solution for encouraging people to join less populated faction, but faction planet limit also does not work or doesnā€™t?

Distribution of resources.
I think, it would be beneficial for trade and for PVP, if we completely distribute rare resources across the universe. Imagine if Neodymium and Zascosium is available only in one corner of universe on PVP planet, Sathium and Erestrum in another corner of universeā€¦ It will encourage travel, trade, PVP. You can travel for resources, or mine ore available near, sell it, and buy resource form other corner of universe. Same for plants like alien plasma T6, ā€¦

But to be honest, I am not sure, if we need more concentration of population (for PVP) or more distribution of population (home planets) on server.

And reason for PVP rotating planets?
Lets say, that there are PVE planets with very high taxes, but there are also planets where taxes are lower, but there is a chance, that some pirates or hunters blow up PVE shield if they fulfill some faction quest and could attack on planet during 24hour PVP cycle. And there should be quest for alliance and traders to reduce chance of PVE shield collapse.
And such quests could be:

• moon PVE shield generators building/destroying Guns Bases (alliance/traders) or generators destroying/building Guns Bases (pirates/hunters) (count private moon bases with name PVE Generator/PVE Gun)
  • orbital PVE shield generators building/destroying Guns Bases (alliance/traders) or generators destroying/building Guns Bases (pirates/hunters)
  • donating NPC PVE shield generators by credists/RP
  • donating NPC guns destroying PVE shield by credists/RP

it will aslo create demand for resources, ammo, credits, RPs

The ideas of faction splitting and combat settings went somewhat hand-in-hand so that large factions could split up and still play together with their friends. They just wouldnā€™t necessarily go into PVP battle/war together and wouldnā€™t have the same combat log/etc. If thatā€™s not an option since your turrets automatically start firing on each other due to being in a different faction, then that idea doesnā€™t really work.

Itā€™s not fun when you get ganged up on by 10 people at once though and canā€™t do anything about it because their faction is so large. A likely reason why so many people stay in PvE.

Based on the posts of other users of the forum, I decided to give here some more modifications that maybe improve the universe in 5.0.

1_ primary resources: they are iron, cobalt copper, magnesium, etc ā€¦ this resources should be available in the initial planets but in very small quantities, and in the form of meteorites, which would only fall again when those already on the Planet is collected, it can be by up to 3 or 4 meteors per resource and another meteorite of each rare metal that would have its drope time of an hour or more may be every 2 hours a rare resource meteor would fall on the initial planets , Obviously excluding gold, this would prevent old players of large faction factions from constantly returning to the initial planets to place miners ā€¦ it would also be nice to have the limit of structures per player in the case of initial planets a BA and 1 CV. Also must limit the ores and crystals to the fuel of the ships ā€¦

2_ rotation planets and primary resources

In this part is that actually enters the pvp and pve rotation planets, in these planets will have all the primary resources divided by planets, in these planets will not be allowed to make bases and at each rotation between pvp and pve it could be completely cleaned in it both the Orbits how much the planet will be pvp and consider change the rotation to two days pvp and 5 days pvp and on sunday everyone gets pvp simultaneously but the fuel resources (promethium) only existed in the form of meteorites and the crystals will be in medium quantities and well scattered .

Such a change will be due to the new conception of the faction planet.

3_recursos rare and fuel ā€¦

This is where danger and adrenaline live, on these planets will be rare resources and fuels (promethium and blue crystal) in abundance together with every rare metal per planet (eg Gold, promethium and blue crystal) but instead of it All in the same place, consider spreading the same for the new universe of HWS 5.0, however consider lowering the hop distances to something standard between 12 and 16 Ly,

In this way it is still necessary to replenish the tank between some jumps and in others of smaller distance it is possible to jump until twice with the full tank, this will facilitate the movement through the universe since the resources will be well scattered and distributed.

4_ faction planets:

Here another change that I consider crucial, with the implementation of the restriction of BA and CV by faction and individuals, I think that tax collection will no longer be necessary on faction planets, but only faction bases can be built on these planets, sedo Totally prohibited private constructions and even private CVs.

5_ Donor Planets:

Unused donor planets, here I want to suggest the use of donor planets as a kind of hotel / rental of a property, where only particular bases and never faction bases can be built and in them will be charged the taxes that were previously levied from the factions on the planets Of factions, here will be a safe haven for every pve player, in it he can have a BA and a CV up to 10k blocks and he will pay a standard fixed tax over 10k blocks + an additional fee of $ 1000 CR for every 100 devices Together with CV and BA.

In this way every pve player can have his dream of minecraft happy ā€¦

However, if the planet is acquired by a player, the player who bought it may request that all players be removed (in which case they will have a deadline and 48 hours before the planet is cleaned) or the owner player may at their discretion continue to receive the fees Of the taxes of the other players that will be transferred to your bank account by the HWS bank.