HWS 7.0 Limits to 8.0 Limits Discussion and HWS 8.0 POI thoughts

The game is not up to the kind of fighting we do for sure it needs work.

For POI I would love to see more of them perhaps a way where they can be randomly swapped out for a new one. Or a way to move the core. Outside of that add better outside defenses to them like turret towers that would have to be all taken out before you could get the loot. THis would keep people from farming POI by blowling a hole in just the right spot to get the core and then looting with the drone. Yes I have done that many times. Gets boring.

For the PVP thing I never bothered with GG because of the bickering that goes on. I would however like to see some fair fight restrictions somehow placed on select planets.

Example have select planets restrict Factions of more than say 3 people. This way a solo guy like me can still have PVP fun but it does not become 10 on 1. I am not sure how this would be done honestly but if it could be done for 8 somehow other than admin enforcement that would be great.

Off the top of my head though a way to do this would be limit CVs from this planet unless you have a BA there over a Class 2. Also no BP Bases so that you have to actually take time to build there not spawn something so you can bully the bases on the planet with your crew of 10.

Could even not allow any CV on planet at all and so that means for HV combat you have to build a base to even spawn the HV BP. For SV repair you would have to build a base or go back to orbit. Also would give base owner a chance at some defensive repairs seeing as there is no auto way to repair a base.

As for GG I would suggest creating a few other places for people to get the same things. This would split up the crowd looking for gold. This would ease the strain on the server and admin alike by not having just one planet to fight over but a few. Perhaps even have one for each Origin and only allow that one origin to build there. Could be a way to get all of say Alliance to work together to keep full control of the planet.

Just random ideas guys from someone that does not want to get stuck back in the middle of the bickering and accusations of cheating.

Agreed about more POIS, but i would personally like to see the HWS community pull their backs into this and have some sort of massed community POI building competition (not a one day thing, but a dedicated thread where people can send Rexx their builds and Rexx or other trusted folks can test them).

I like the idea but instead of player count i’d have low fixed limits, say 2 FA SVs and 2 FA HVs so it doesn’t get insane.

This i don’t agree quite so much with. I believe there’s plenty of other opportunities for gold; naturally not to the same extent as GG but GG was always meant as the perfect egg with fantastic riches but fantastic risks.

Best regards
Wise.

Also @Rexxus what does this bit mean?

No solution was proposed for faction splitting for advantage before at all yet. Hence we worked on the Alliance limit for bases now.

And only because it didn’t happen yet on EU it doesn’t mean it never can happen. In fact it happened already on EU here and there. NA is by nature just bit more competitive and needs a solution urgently.

I agree though that the bigger image with building bases by hand will change things here and there. But in the end it only needs a time window of 1 hour and you have again towers everywhere by splitted factions.

I think this Alliance Base check is a fall back plan for the better.

It means that at the moment a Lawless guy can alliance with a Freelancer guy which is convenient but not good for immersion.

1 Like

Not sure if i’d use the word ‘competitive’ hehehe :wink:

Agree and i’m open to changes on this front, we will change, adapt, and overcome! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

Ty for the quick response :slight_smile:

@RexXxuS

Thats as good a solution to test out as any. As you always say we are constantly trying, changing,and testing stuff for HWS. I look forward to seeing how the new alliance layer affects combat on GG.

The current universe (7.X) already has plenty of POIs and custom ones at that, although a large number of them are in PVP space. Look around the Homeworld and Zirax systems. Many of them not being marked anymore due to the surface wipes should be a thing of the past with the new wipe features in 8.0 aswell.

POIs with good loot in PVE playfields will inevitably be farmed over and over again by the same people, just look at Jumper RunnerZ, the Majestic Elite Temple (glass maze part), or some of the missions in the ECC event room (for example Elemental Bank Heist). They are constantly being farmed by five or six different people - me being one of them. The point is: if you make a POI in PVE areas with great time/reward ratio it won’t be available to most players.

I would like to see more stuff like the Majestic Elite Temple: it is fun, a bit different, a little bit challenging and has loot for everyone (due to Personal Cargo Lockers). That is why you could see me constantly guiding new players to go there because getting a bit of gold, erestrum, zascosium, and fusion cells is a great reward for new players. But even the part you can do over and over again was easily farmed by the same people, no matter how much hardening against cheesing Rexxx and I put in there.

Maybe personal or faction restricted instances could help, you can do the missions/POIs once a week for great rewards if you want to without locking anyone else out from doing them. Not sure if the instancing allows you to do that.

Regarding the base limits: 10 bases per planet would be a reduction in comparison to previous rule sets, a welcome change. But if everyone can have 10 bases there is still the problem with alt accounts saturating a planet in one person “alliances” cordoning off part of a planet, even without being allied to them they will influence combat and mining. Maybe a very basic progression system plus not allowing family share accounts to have bases on PVP hotspots would help.

Example: Alliance (or faction without alliances) with one player total can only have two bases but with every additional active member the limit is raised by two. That helps small factions - after all you only need five people in your entire alliance to hit the cap - while also limiting abuse.

1 Like

@SirKnumskull

You have to have 3 ACTIVE members or the base gets deleted. These cannot be family share accounts or alt accounts. RexXxus already checks this when people submit tickets. After fighting mostly in GG and HW the last two seasons small unaligned factions don’t worry me.

They can still only put down 3 on GG and those 3 will get wiped by the bigger people easily.

It was 30ish people putting down 30ish bases that was the issue in conjunction with OLP being faction based.

I think the Alliance cap limit and OLP being Alliance based will go a long way in improving PvP on GG and HW. I am looking forward to testing it out.

My thoughts about POI’s and economy:
I used to do a lot of poi’s and hording in general, but it seems to be pointless for me right now, unless you really enjoy doing it just for fun.
Unless it is a resource mission, the loot is not interesting at all.
Just consider 15 rep and 130k you get just for voting and daily loot on average.
For that(5 rep, 125k) you can get 5k power coils from the npc trader. And that translates in resources into: 10k sath, 25k neo, 40k ere, 40k zas.
The effort you have to put out to get it is 1 - 2 min clicking in the browser, there is no way anything you can do in game can be compared to that.
If that is a bad thing is hard to say. It took away the enjoyment of mining, doing pois and hording, but it allows me to just pvp with no effort of gathering anything.

When it comes to limits i think the only way is to limit the amount of bases and size of ships to make the game playable in any other than a small fight.

Correction: you have to have 3 active members for OLP. If less than 3 on a PvP play field it will be removed if it has OLP.

All fair points.

I think there are plans to extend the alien sacrifice containers, perhaps they will make poi’s more interesting? Also of course the epics are being removed from our OCD so they will have value again.

@RexXxuS are you going to take away the traders that sell epics/ enhanced so the these items retain a level of rarity?

Probably yes.

@all: what duration was the longest for you (alone or in a team) to take out a POI in one run?

I imagine it really varies by player - personally I am almost never able to take out a POI in one run! :no_pedestrians: :sweat_smile: Unfortunately, I am not the combat master that most of my faction team mates are.
It is also a personal play style issue as well, as the frenetic energy that is required for the run and gun storm troopers, is not comfortable for me. (I do enjoy the HWS POI’s - but for me a solo POI is a major task, I rarely go solo as a result)

So I think that I am one end of the spectrum - look forward the hearing from the POI professionals! :dagger::gun::dagger:

I fall into similar camp as sacred. I rarely solo a poi. Some poi’s have taken a hour or more even with an accompaning player. some occasions have requied rescue from others.

Admittedly, building is my focus and generally rely on others for guidance/support in game. Fast twitch ability left the house long ago.

Cudos to those who play alone and thrive.

The main issue is that most veteran POI runners don’t run them on foot. We have very small SVs that we run them in. As for time 5-15 minutes depending on the POI. There are a couple that you can’t run them with so on foot for those few I’d say 15-30 minutes. I run them solo or in a group of 2-3. The main reason it’s easy for us is we have a pretty effecient way to run them.

We bring someone with heavy armor and armors in all 4 slots unless the world requires we have some other mod in. Then everyone has a ton of badages, protien, health packs, ect. You pop 3-4 HP with a heavy armor with armors and you can take for a bit. If you start getting really low duck back behind cover.

Like I said before though most the time we run with very small SVs.

Can it be that pois will regenerate with some randomness 24h ± 3h (for example). That would make farming cycle a bit more complicated.
Bad part is that if i expect poi to be regenerated and its not im sad as i traveled for nothing.
Its all looking so cool i wish i could try.

Hey @Elfias

at the moment, since it is a new universe and lots of new yaml files, some do regenerate properly and some not. I’m currently collecting the data of which do and which not. Then I can do a balanced calculation how often and when they should regenerate.

Just wondering if there has been any valuable insight or observations on the respawn rate (or failure to respawn) of POI’s since the last discussion on this point?

• My thought is the priority should be, ensuring the full range of POI’s are available through the entire season, even if you have to check back several times to find them reset. I especially remember from previous seasons some POI’s that never reset (space based ones especially etc), which is a loss to the global player base (similar to that is that some asteroids also appear to never reset). However personally, I have explored so little of the universe this season as to not have a valid feedback on the current POI respawn state of play

So in general I feel It is very important that the new players and the slow explorers (like me!) eventually get to see (or at least have the opportunity to see) all that the HWS server universe has available, this time around.

Absolutely!
Fact here is:

1. my time was running out on the release day to implement the regeneration flag to all POIs
  2. I relied instead on the new “wipe POI” API command, which I found out later never worked, is not implemented yet (but in the next patch hopefully)
  3. implementing now the regeneration flag to POIs in the yaml means I have to wipe the playfield. That is a difficult topic what is more worth but with proper announcement maybe possible
  • ah great, thanks for the feed back. I guess the ideal then is to hope for the API command to be fixed.:crossed_fingers: so that we do not have to impact anything else! Wiping a playfield is a very tough thing to contemplate… :thinking:
1 Like