HWS 7 | Origins [POLL]

I think the problem with that is there is already a routine at 9am that does all the tax’s and other stuff and it would be easier to add core to that routine rather than make more.

But I guess another sneaky way would be to make that 9am check random any time during the day, then people cant abuse tax either xD but meh that’s a lot of work.

That would be amazing then it wouldn’t have to be 24 hours it could be any set amount of time, but we are probibly dreaming too hard and that kind of stuff we might only see in 11.0 : /

Yeah but you know Rexxx, he will tell us no thats not possible which actually means, to the hell with you, how will i do this :smiley:

We should make some resume after all this chating to make thread more clear. Gather ideas we had and start all over.

BTW GUYS, TREASURE HUNT PART 1 is ON. Check forum.

1 Like

Is it possible to find the full treasure from only part 1 or can i start as the last clue is released?

I’ve only been here since HWS 6.0 but one thing I would really enjoy is a PVE non starter planet without the risk of it rotating to PVP. Even if it had very limited basic resources and was highly taxed it would be worth it.

Sorry for offtopic, but maybe someone whos not aware of this will notice here.

We decided to split it in 2 chapters. First one started today so you can get on track unitil Thursday/Friday when second chapter will be launched.

We wanted to give more ppl time to start with story, it might create a bit of overcrowding of 2nd chapter start, we will see.
As with Origins, we all are learning from our mistakes.

1 Like

Already available @Evo
They are called Ju, Sienna, M31P or Athos…

What I am about to say will make some people happy and other upset, and I cringe at the idea…

Make more planets PvP, however turn on offline protection. BUT, extreme consequences for abuse of OP (i.e. Forfeiture of vessels, bases, basically anything that is within the OP zone). All fights would have to be recorded via video for proof but it would appease a lot of people to build more on PvP planets. Too bad Eleon hasn’t made a timer as of yet for enabling OP within say 5-10 minutes after the person logs out to prevent such abuse (could be adjusted server side).

Might I suggest that these planets have their deposits made involunable or the planets unable to be dug in?

Alternatively, renew the planet surface (prefably targeted to the deposit and not the player base if at all possible), every week or as they become depleted from being mined?

Well Rex has said something being worked on for 7.0 that we don’t know of that will change game play massively and one of the only things I can think of is a fix for offline protection you might get better than what your asking :slight_smile:

I dunno autominers are good or a bad thing. Don’t know which is better, deposit or meteorite. With meteorites players have to work for resources. Maybe poor deposits with 1-300 resource would be a hybrid solution because large deposits give you 7000 resource in 8 hours. Don’t know it’s good or bad for players, they don’t have to work hard. :slight_smile: Maybe a poll about this question would be good. @RexXxus don’t you want to create a pre season survey?

Oh my day will start good…

and end even better

8 Likes

To go back to the roots you need the following
1, alliance = guardians
2, lawless = hunter and piret. giving the hunters the oportunity to hunt who they like.
3, traders
And no actuall alliancees.

I liked the server back when me and gareth started the game even with the bugs it was so much fun!
dont understand why you had to change so much can you not roll it back all the changes just put things in place to help with the lag problems.
why try to fix something that was not that broken. since patch 3 onwards things have just gone from bad to worse with all the bugs ect. its silly and you putting so much more work on your slef with out any need to.
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

1 Like

Good morning all.

This has been good reading and some great ideas. A lot of them I guess are not possible with the current game mechanics etc.

My number one suggestion @RexXxuS

KEEP IT SIMPLE to start with. Add patches later.

To keep performance healthy on starter planets add 1st time bonus in ECC station for everyone like 20 RP or something. This will make people want to leave starter planets quicker. Last time I stayed on starter for a week even though I could have left 1st day. This should help performance.

1 Like

Hahaha, you asked for it. Love for cookies kills. See more in treasure hunt ep.2 :smiley:

On serious note…Jascha tell us please, is something liek that capturing theoreticly possible? Do you know someone competent enough to do such a thing?

Thanks in advance :yum: Im sure you will do great.

bigger CVS, more bases allowed , more cvs,sv,hvs allowed thats all for my suggestions

Herhaps Guardian homeworld or space could have a space dock with a unfinished ship being built (both admin cores).

Trade, a large golden palace?

Hunter, a spacestation with prison cells filled with NPC’s which would be recent prisoners to be processessed, like pirates? Name these NPC’s after notorious player pirates.

Pirates, an asteroid base, or a baes built into a large asteroid.

Freelancer, a mostly plane looking station, with fuel and O2 tanks built into the walls with catwalks covering them as access ports which we can see through?

I know this is mostly decor stuff, but it would add to the diverse feel of the game.

1 Like

My problem with the -10 RP penalty for killing the own origin is the same we discussed a thousand times :

I can not see if i attack my own origin or not. This means in each PVP encounter it is completely random if i become guilty with RP loss or not, depending just on nothing else but luck and hoping that my oponent is another origin.

As long as we can not see who is who please leave away the -10 RP penalty.

2 Likes

We discussed earlier the different class restrictions for the origins. Which way you can create some borders between origins, like every roleplaying game.

Lawless:

• higher class SV for hunting
  • higher class CV for a moving base or fighting
  • smaller HV and base

Freelancer:

• also higher class CV, because they are nomadic
  • higher class HV, mostly for mining
  • smaller SV and base

Alliance:

• higher class bases for fortresses, and traders camping on PvE
  • higher class SV-s to chase lawless
  • smaller CV-s and HV-s as disadvantage

Every origin would have advantage and disadvantage not just RP gain difference. Differences can be smaller or larger it depends on you.

Another idea is to give everyone RP for player kill, to increase the PvP popularity, and three origin sound like a great war between alliance and lawless.

1 Like

Don’t see a reason to have bigger bases on PvE than PvP as PvE doesn’t need as much defenses and thick walls, towers etc if anything Lawless would make more sense to have bigger bases but only allowed on PvP planets for it to make sense. But I agree that some distinction is nice.

Good (Alliance, Guardians, white, etc)
Freelancers
Pirates.

Pirates must be, as they are. No laws, only killing everything that moves. Gaurdians/white/good/bad or like u want to name: could do all other things. Some kind of “country” with laws, civil trade etc for them. I think this would be better.

U got starter PvE-systems for all, and got some PvE/PvP rotated system for “good” guys. All other got PvP-space and planets for hardcore living.

Just my 5 cent. right now, I didnt see any motivation for game. Tons of bureaucracy in every simple place. Even my little request for CV 1st class to access on Planets - u ignore.

My little time for rest, must be waste on all dat:
Fly - hide - fly - spawn_HV - reload - find_action(if u lucky one) - again del/deconstruct/drop_HV - spawn_SV - fly again - find CV - fly away.

Rly, fck that. Why I couldnt fly on 1st class CV-Transporter with ready to fight HVs/SVs, and fight if there some one, or got away if noone in??? So much moves for nothing. This thing drop my online almost to 0. For few evening I l4f, I find only 2 or 3 enemies, which warp away when they got some dmg. All other times, I’m watching spam/flood in chat from PvE-guys. Rly the worth, after 5th version.

2 Likes