HWS 7 | Origins [POLL]

O I see I think your un-happiness with it is too little links to each system then as 3.0 had multiple paths to get to a point, and now its linear.

I think he has just stopped reading our stuff as it would stress him too much xD, we are high maintenance I wont lie.

1 Like

I would be happy with line only if one origin is on one side and other one on other side, each with their own ECC. Like Dota. Well not exactly happy as theres not much left to exploration, but for PvP only to push the line it would fit me.

it does not matter how many jumps it is. You jump, you reload pent. Jump, Jump reload. At no point is this a risk unless your stupid enough not to carry enough pentaxid. You might get attacked while reloading. If that happens then they were warp camping. Do you see what I am getting at?

1 Like

For that to work you would have to have something like this:

A - B - C - D - E alliance starts on ā€˜Aā€™ lawless on ā€˜Eā€™ alliance takes ā€˜Bā€™ and builds bases on the planet while its pvp, at the same time lawless builds on ā€˜Dā€™ while its pvp, then alliance capture ā€˜Cā€™ while pvp and becuase C is now owned by alliance ā€˜Bā€™ becomes PvE so lawless must first destroy bases on ā€˜Cā€™ before they can do any damage to ā€˜Bā€™ type of thing :stuck_out_tongue: is this what you are referring too :smiley:

yes you have a point.

1 Like

Basicly yes. And its not only about base on planet, that wont stop other origin from reaching GG. For this there should be warp inhibitor.
So Alliance pushes to Pirate Origin planet, builds star fortress with warp inhibitor and locks them in Origin planet and PvE space behind it. Cut them of. You done Pirates you wont move until you take it out while rest of Alliance Origin is happily mining on GG.

2 Likes

Man this is like Empyrion 11.0 right here but sounds amazing.

Well its way how to unite, as all Alliance needs to be involved, some mining, some holdin the line, while it all happends on more playfields.

Just imagine that chat, guys, we wont hold them off much longer, abandon GG, abandon GG, or those guys would buy time for ppl on GG to fortify until more reinforments arrives from Alliance Origin planet side, while PvE ppl builds and trade and support so at least sthere is some use for 800 sprouts farms they have > sending food on front.

There is jsut one small problemā€¦Warp Inhibitor.
Also it gives PvE ppl some influence, imagine separate markets on both sides of line. So if Alliance PvE doing well, market is rich full of resources, PvP alliance ppl buys them, or PvE ppl even donatesā€¦and they takes it all to fight off those Pirate bastards.

2 Likes

Yip, Origins would be a lot more organised and would have a reason to join the effort, also I see a main trade hub forming for each origin if something like that would to happen, so that the people mining could supply cheaper mats to the people defending, got to keep the supplies coming or the fortress falls. But sadly the devā€™s would first need to implement a way for play-fields to swap between pvp-pve without a server restart and they need to add warp inhibitor and capture points, so yes a lot more development work needed first.

1 Like

Generaly after reading whole thread we are trying to discover what to do with Origins, but i think its bigger.

Right question is what to do to put each origin against other while have some space for PvE ppl to enjoy the game. ALso I wouldnt want to be Alliance faction which cancels alliance with other Alliance factions. All would imediatly turn on them and vaporise them, you dont want to have traitors at your backdoors.

And about capturing, how come we can capture that base on GG already? Isnt that kind of Warp inhibitor in that direction, when this base is captured, Pirates are forbiden to jump to systems behind this planet. But probably resstart is required to change that.

2 Likes

Not sure

Basicly its something like this, Origins separated. Now we are all mixed together, all using same ECC, there are no natural sides.
And it quite fits HWS i think. Good trader is trader, settles down on Alliance side, PvEing there, Bad trader is Smugler smugless chicks on Pirate side. And so on.
Freelancers do whatever they want as they always do that, bringing mess into this. But its not problem to add another line for any other origin.
And some stuff somehwere, not sure how to connect it for explorers, some missions and some POIs activities.

So im back at my graph a lot above and thats probably all i want to say to this, and FA SUPPLY a bit above.
Oh and you are able to land with CVs C1 on all planets to fight properly.

Its nothing unique or unseen but i belive its used for PvP games as it works, might have some uniqueness somewhere, layout can be a bit scaterd to not look that mirroredā€¦its like Starcraft 1v1 map simply.
Also there are PvP planets which will be probably safer for one origin, next to their origin planet. That origin jumps to safety with 1 jump, pirates have it more jumps back home. So it kind of escalates further you go from your homeland.

How could i forgot homeworld damn it :smiley:

Also with separate markets Freelancer is able to acces both it might be interesting. It kind of messes all curent origin purposes as Freelancer could buy something pirates have cheaply and take it to ECC to sell so they are smuglersā€¦but point is clear.

And moons, god i miss moons. We should have all so far implemented kinds of everything and be able to use it.

1 Like

O damn I think this is actually possible :smiley: have an idea :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: give me a bit to draw it all up.

1 Like

Holy shit you talk too much.

As for having to warp around from Ju to get back to ECC, you need some risk. Think of it like driving a car; you never know if some idiot is going to hit you on the way to work.

1 Like

We have all DCā€™ed at times. Thatā€™s part of life, like a car stalling in a demo derby. But you must accept risk daily. Every day we unconsciously make hundreds of decisions that can mean life or death.

So whatā€™s the problem?

More like trying not to have to go full retard to explain it.

First sentence, you said ā€œbut if disconnectedā€. Everything you mentioned is an ā€œin case I DCā€¦ā€. Just accept some risk.

I am sure people donā€™t read my posts. They is no risk. You jump from one system to another. You stay in the jump zone while loading up pentax and map plotting. You then jump again. If anyone gets attacked while doing this then its breaking the rules of warp camping. So no RISK

I understand you would like you hand held? You want to be in on Ju and warp directly to ECC without having to warp all the way around. IMO there arenā€™t enough jumps as it is, there should be another 15-20 more, all PvP. If you would like we can call them wormholes and they are 1 way only.

Does that sound better? You understand that logic?

low risk in my dark destroyer I place my warp drive in an area that easy to just replace as this is one item I use to lose easy. In several fights this season not lost one warp drive and they is only 2 layers of iron between it and space.

i haz idea!

I make map.

CV fights are dead, until they finally adjust damage of weapons or lower block health it will remain that way. So in a roundabout way, wtf was your post even about to begin with? Damn near 80% of this thread is you rambling on about stuff nobody cares about!

1 Like