HWS 7 | Origins [POLL]

I care

Donā€™t care about that either.

Taco pleaseā€¦if you encounter some other CV after jump and get under attack, you have plenty time to jump before you will take some significant damage, ok?
So making this one way jump highway is not working as even if you will be lucky to find someone you wont be able to kill him in time right? Not even if you will keep chasing him, not even if you will keep chasing him during yours 15-20 jumps. Its been already proven on server, last time todayā€¦

And thatā€™s why there needs to be a cool down period between warps.

I agree. That would work if CVs do more dmg. This isnt and me and Gunslinger find it anoying, well not only us, that all.

Hmm I agree but disagree as well itā€™s boring jumping and to make it longer will be even more boring

When you got a warp drive looking like a plasma nuclear fusion reactor thats cooks you every time you get near it, it should stand to reason that when its being used it gets even hotter, so warp with the threat of it exploding or a cooldown period would be necessary. But, thats another eleon thing, wouldnt be a HWS thing.

2 Likes

I agree in so far with Taco that everything neccessary to discuss about origins had been discussed.

Lets now discuss CV sizes. As Taco stated no one in this universe will ever be able to prevent a size3 or size4 CV from warping away. Restriction of planets for CV is destroying a big fun part of the game : Landing a bridgehead of HV and evacuating them after the job is done. At the moment everyone works with throw-away-HV on Golden Globe.

I would prefer a countdown timer so you can land and offload, and prevent spawning CVs on that play field. I do miss using the bug zapper doing planetary insertions.

can we just simplify it and just say Alliance Freelancers and Pirates
when I first joined Homeworld server I thought Lawless was pretty much freelancer

Simplify yes, breaking the context no.

We searched a long time for a counter word of ā€œAllianceā€ and Lawless is pretty much the best one, no?
Freelancers are so independent and powerful and semantically not connected to lawless at all from the terminology

1 Like

hrmm yes i think there should be a warp cooldown, and perhaps cv level up feature to get around this, make the game much more varied

yea i like the one way stuff, makes the game harder. i like almost anything that makes the game harder, including hunter/pirate starter, i love that shit!!

1 Like

Or base warp cooldown on ship class, the heavier the ship the longer the cool down :stuck_out_tongue:

EG: class 4 5min cool down between jumps, class 3 3min cool down, class 2 1min cool down and class 1 30 seconds. Would allow more classes to be viable, for situations when your allies are under attack and you need to go warp to save them, compared to when your planning an attack and have time to get the big guns down there for an assualt.

4 Likes

This, so this for why so many players do not stay long past the wipes.

Asteroid systems, with basic ores going toward rare ores the deeper into PVP space you go, would give you that increased risk, and I think attrack roming PVP groups clearing systems of unprepared miners.

Iā€™ve seen and have had my warp reactor killed in a single volley, despite it being protected behind three layers of armor. You are not absolutely safe.

but who wants to be absolutely safe?

Nobody should feel safe in PvP.

A freelancer or freelance worker is a term commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term.
lawless not governed by or obedient to laws; characterized by a lack of civic order.
I just think there should be another title for the bad guys.
freelancer and Lawless is too similar in my language.
letā€™s take into account the Star Wars movies thereā€™s the Jedi the Sith and now weā€™re going to have the grey Jedi.