HWS 7 | Origins [POLL]

1 Like

Well, my warp cores are behind… hmm 10 ? layers (something like that).

My CV are size 3, i tried to bring them to size4+ to fully exploit Rex not taking consequences concerning vessel size.

This would mean… hmm 20 ? armor layers to the warp core ?

Please show me the magic gun stopping me fom warping.

@THEBIGBOSS
Peace is a lie, there is only passion !
Death to Jedi, rebel scum and all other kind of traitors to the dark side !

Magic gun?

Lagshot.

Magic gun with magic aiming :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hmm alliance isn’t all bright and shiny either, could be a communist alliance? xD so its still opposite its just not black and white its more light grey and dark grey which seems more fitting black and white, good and evil, Jedi and Sith, Normal people and Government its all kinda boring when its too extreme lol.

Hmmm here’s my thoughts.

Factions:

1. Alliance - Nice People
  2. Klingons - Evil People
  3. Neutral Forces - Traders

Obviously more factions the better, but seeing as RP systems are hard to enforce limited choice is probably a better idea.

Alliance - Representative of a democratic society of do-gooders believing in a wholesome approach to sharing the galaxy we all live in. Their way of life: help to share or share to help. We can all prosper from a peaceful accord.

Rebellion - Selfish and greedy to the core, the factions of the rebellion have been known to band against their own and rule the system with an iron fist. They claim the same territories they pillage as a peaceful home. Everyone they cross has a reason to run.

Nomads - They go where they want when they want, travel with whomever they want, help who they want, take from whomever they want. A base-less band of fearless roamers for hire or fire. Contractors beware!

Interesting, all nice sounding names but if i had to be critical a Rebellion would normally only form if the ruling party (Alliance) in this instance is oppressive which is the opposite of what you described them :stuck_out_tongue: also nomads are a great name but then that would mean they would have no home planet which could be a problem from a balancing point of view.

Hmm so if you had to adjust the names a bit to match your descriptions I would say:

Alliance / Pacifists (Maybe too derogatory) / The Kindred (Sounds more like a family than a society)

(Rebels against peace ) Warmongers / Lawless (Still fits)

(Wonderer’s with a home) Seeker’s (Sounds more like mindless drones) / Conquistador’s (too Spanish for the rest xD) / Freelancer (Still fits) / Mercenaries (More Aggressive version of Freelancer) / Travelers (Maybe not aggressive enough) / Bandits (Can’t really hire them)

Nice critique @Kogami - and you are partially correct on your approach. Maybe I could list a few background assumptions that further describes the real-deal with each group.

Alliance - they always have an angle, right? They’re always out to rule everything and suppress those who see differently. They are the politically correct, albeit corrupt society of rich bitches who think they own everything, but pretend they want to “share.” (planet lovers)

Rebels see right through the smoke and mirrors of the Alliance. They understand they real motives of their predecessors because they were once one themselves. (greedy warmongers)

Nomads are just that group of misfits everyone loves to hate, but sees the benefit in their existence. Their home is the amongst the stars they prowl, and they squash those who challenge their territory or attempt to wander “their stars.” (Space bases)

1 Like

I am not a greedy war monger.

I just enjoy looting and destruction of things I don’t agree with. : )

1 Like

So a vandal xD

Sure why not! LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Instead of vandal could the anti-alliance be arseholes? Defined it would look this way:

Alliance - uptight, mall rent-a-cop academy dropouts easer to shoot first and ask questions to someone unoffialiated to the shooting. Not afraid to stone people to death for loitering around in a pool during a severe drought. Laughs at other misfortunes.

Arseholes - have an agenda to profit for themselves, even their own kind. Not afraid to defecate in other people’s lawns. Loves to cause strife and pain, loot, and set explosives on your cat to see how far it will run and place bets on the furthest explosion. Just a real douche looking for a good time.

Homeless: just as the name implies, not ashamed to setup a tent on your lawn and use your utilities; may ask for change at any given time and wash your CV Windows with a muddy possum carcass. Often leaves the dumpster open and trash/fecal matter on sidewalk: doesn’t believe in showers. May have shat himself.

This would be epic and could be expanded on!

2 Likes

I like the idea of going to 3… it’s simple. And imo would make balancing/RP a lot easier in the long run.

You’ve got the good guys, bad guys, and neutrals. Very cut and dry. Build from there and try and lock down ways of getting people to play their role rather than picking the ‘easy’ one and still doing whatever (…lookin at you, trader pirates.)

Just go with my post above yours. It seems fair and reasonable for all 3 play styles.

I like it. No good side and bad side just different aims. Homeless doesn’t sound good. Freelancer is better name.

Please understand the definition of Nomad. It’s not a demeaning term; in fact, motorcycle gangs have a specific Nomadic title for those who venture on their own.

Textbook definition of Nomad: A nomad is someone who lives by traveling from place to place. Nomadic thus means anything that involves moving around a lot. Nomadic hunter-gatherer tribes follow the animals they hunt, carrying tents with them. You don’t have to be a nomad to live a nomadic lifestyle.

My explanation just summed it up to "Homeless’ in the fact that no place in HWS will be “Home” for a Nomad Faction member, because everyplace is a potential home for the night.

By your definition you could consider nomads to be homeless people. Or homeless people to be nomads.

The difference is homeless people are people who want a home but can’t have one a nomad is someone who chooses not to have a home because it would restrict their lifestyle. How many people would actually play as a nomad :stuck_out_tongue: lets say Nomads FA was like this: Nomads Get RP per day for having no BA placed anywhere and living only out of SV/CV.