HWS 7.X.X / HWS 8 Story Teaser | HWS Survey II results

No, No, No. First of all GG was NEVER about new players! What is it with people feeling so entitled to settle down on GG? It was always built with the big bad PVP boys and girls in mind.

So only Big facs like GMC and TAW and RED will be able to destroy bases? With smaller facs not able to do anything? As well as making playfields laggier by having more people attack bases this is a very bad idea.

Large battles are ‘large’ (pun intended) and plentiful on EU. Just have to come on near the beginning of seasons.

Once again GG has never been designed around noobs. Don’t know why you think they should be. And i don’t know how many times I have to say it but one last time:

• GG WAS NOT BUILT FOR NEW PLAYERS.

Majority found GG fine, and that was one HELL of a majority. :slight_smile:

The config vote was even MORE decisive!

When it comes to surveys i dislike using them when it comes to folks suggesting new features; however they are very useful to gauge the general mood and impression of current features.

Point made.
Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

This indicates that the current Class Sizes are still way too high, like 10 x too big - Class 1 ships should be little more than a warp sled or transporter, not a fully gunned and armoured battleship

What if Class 1 was less than 1000 blocks? Then some hard design choices would have to be made

Sorry if this is off-topic, hard to know what is really “off topic” when discussing a survey that covered everything :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think that each class size should be about 2k - 3k in blocks per level.

Class 1: 2 - 3k
Class 2: 4 - 6k
Class 3: And so on

This enables people to have some flexibility in the type of ship they want to design, but then your vehicle losses the ability to tank bases and fights don’t last 10 minutes.

3 Likes

One of the few things Renzeth has said that i can agree with.

Similar block counts should apply for HV’s as well.

Yes, and the max weapon layout should be in relation to the ship size, just as acceleration and top speed.

It is a pitty that Eleon in Empyrion 8 brings just boring bigger planets and no vessel revamp.

Haha and yes, i live since a while on GG.

Is that a bad thing? I rarely bother to CV fight anything bigger than a size class 3 (and I mean if it has more than 6000 blocks) because the fight will take so long I will get wife agro. I have enjoyed as I am sure you have Ran our fights but having to bring more ships and repair damage will make the battles epic in my opinion.

On a side note, maybe 1 GG base per 5 faction members? Minimum 3 to get one base? Just a thought. Would lessen the punishment for large factions

The issue I see with that, is that it really should be ROUND(Min((base size / 3), 1),0) bases.

Examples:
12 Member faction = 4 sizes of bases (that could be 1 four or 2 twos or four 1s or any combo)
36 Member faction = 12 sizes of bases
5 member faction = 2 size of base
2 member faction = 1 size of base
1 member faction = 1 size of base

That would prevent breaking into smaller factions I think. Unless your looking at the 36 man faction breaking into Seven 5 man factions in order to get seven size 2 bases.

1 Like

Cool idea.

No, it’s a good thing if SV/HV can’t tank.

I’m not sure, you need a minimum 5 - 7 bases to be able to defend yourself from being wiped by a larger faction.

No this would be total abuse of single players and small factions.

Why dont go the full step ? CV, HV and SV only for 10+ player factions ?:stuck_out_tongue:

For all others a motor bike is sufficient, 5+ factions get one motorbike, smaller factions get a light armor😉