HWS 9 Teaser III | HWS Origins & DNA | Universe

Hi HWS Community,

this will be the last Teaser and unfortunately not even a complete one. I still have to finish HWS, so this time it’s quite in a rush, sorry.

HWS Origins & Reputation

While I explained already that our Origins Alliance, Freelancer and Lawless are allied with the NPC Factions Polaris, Talon and Zirax, there are bit more information for you.

10 Origin Supply Packages

Before we had 3 Origin Supply Packages (fa:supply) for you. Since HWS 9 (or rather HWS 9.X) will offer much more deep gameplay there should be more for you to reach and decide for.

The Packages will be available at the start of the season at the proper Origin places. Alliance as example:

Per 1000 Repuation Points you get a better package:

• Tier I | Unlocked at < 1000 Reputation Points
  • Tier II | Unlocked at < 2000 Reputation Points
  • Tier III | Unlocked at < 3000 Reputation Points
  • Tier IV | Unlocked at < 4000 Reputation Points
  • Tier V | Unlocked at < 5000 Reputation Points
  • Tier VI | Unlocked at < 6000 Reputation Points
  • TierIVII | Unlocked at < 7000 Reputation Points
  • Tier VIII | Unlocked at < 8000 Reputation Points
  • Tier IX | Unlocked at < 9000 Reputation Points
  • Tier X | Unlocked at < > 10000 Reputation Points

I try to scale the packages carefully but at higher Tiers you get weekly Epics and Alien Container (Repuation Points)

Origin Reputation Changes

After analyzing HWS EU and NA it is always interesting which Origin is at the top, so to speak.
While EU has a slight different playstyle than NA it is still clear to see, that Freelancer are “the way to go” for both playstyes - PvP and PvE.

Overall I have to say that each Origin seems to give some player already a “decision” in terms of their “skill set”. That is very nice but way to less as I want it to be. Quite cool stuff is coming once I have time for HWS Skill Tree 2.0.
For now though we have to balance what we have and Alliance is obviously the “loser” here.

Changelog (only changes highlighted. Check the Origin page for full specs)

Alliance

• From 5 to 10 RP per Lawless kill
  • From 1 to 2 RP when you visit ECC once per day
  • From 1 to 3 RP for one warp per day (e.g. 3 warps = 9 RP)
  • From 5 to 10 RP for an HWS Marketplace item purchased by a player from a non-Alliance Origin
  • From 7 to 10 RP if you have 77 Autominer Cores in your inventory or on your action bar (in addition to your Origin’s epic weapon)
  • From 7 to 10 RP per Guilty Bounty Kill (Bounty of at least 10 million credits)
  • Changed the OCD PvP Cooldowns

Freelancer

• From 7 to 10 RP if you have 300 Pentaxid (refined) in your inventory (in addition to your Origin’s epic weapon)
  • From 7 to 10 RP per Guilty Bounty Kill (Bounty of at least 10 million credits)

Lawless

• From 4 to 5 RP per Alliance kill
  • From 6 to 10 RP if you have 1000 Gold ingots in your inventory (in addition to your Origin’s epic weapon)
  • From 5 to 10 RP for living exclusively in PvP (this applies to & is required of all faction members)

For all 3 Origins

• Whoever can keep a Base 24 hours on Titan get 10 RP for that day. (because of the Homeworld rework below)

HWS Universe 9.0

As mentioned not much will change but rather refine, since the Universe last season was one of the best we ever had. I considered a lot of feedback many of you gave me.

Changelog

• We have now 7 Starter Planets (again) to deal with the high bottleneck at the start of seasons
    • As in HWS 7.X.X, one planet will be a “Story” planet with a lot of custom POIs and the other focus rather on even more Survival elements (thus harder)
  • A new Lawless PvP Start planet experience! I call it “the Tribute of HWS” => no bases (see below) possible to build/spawn, no HVs / CVs either. Survive with your hands and hunt others actively down (no Turret spawn kills etc. anymore)
    • Added 2 more Start POIs too. Either Sky Dive into your enemies or make a Dive session.
  • However, every Start Planet is linked with the Clone Chamber this time. That means you can always return to the Clone Chamber and choose another Planet for your Origin.
  • Due high request I added 7 instead of 3 Supporter Spaces. All of them only linked with a Supergate (ECC/Homeworld)
  • Changed the HWS Spawn pads to Repair Pads (no need for platforms to spawn ships anymore)
  • Implemented more Missions
  • Reworked POIs for Traders
  • Made more use of our new Supergates coming! To enter the “Hottest” PvP playfields there is only a regular one-way warp in now. If you want out, your K button won’t help you anymore. => Find one of the two Supergates to get back to ECC or other Orbits. Remember there are always 2 Supergates available:
    • 1 Anti CV & BA Supergate (Only SV will survive this trip)
    • 1 Anti BA Supergate (all ships will survive. It only targets bases)
  • Rebalanced a lot of Deposits and Asteroids
  • Reworked Phoenix to make the Asteroid Ring way more dangerous but also more rewarding!
  • Updated some POIs (not done 100% done yet)
  • Reworked Armageddon, Golden Globe and Homeworld (see below)

Armageddon 9.0

imagine yourself a lot of Meteorites in this image x)

I thought a lot about Armageddon and as some know was never 100% satisfied. It was quite popular in HWS 7.X but rather because one group pushed their stay there.
Overall the PvPvE, especially the PvE part does not fit the name “Armageddon”. It must be cruel, dangerous but rewarding for the “Last standing”.
That is the reason why it is now a Lava planet, with Meteorites raining all the time and special Resource crusts underneath the lava. Have fun and good luck! P.S.: Bring good thrusters with you! Why do you think there are falling so many Meteorites all the time!?

Golden Globe 9.0

It is almost a ritual and incredible fun to see how popular this lovely Planet become over the years. “Empyrion Golden Globe” is filled with awesome videos on Youtube - thanks for that! :slight_smile:

But we all will swallow and forget the HWS 8.X season and the EGS Bunkers, yes we do.

In HWS 9.0 you get a new GG Planet with high Mountains here and there for perfect attack-cover or Base locations. Mixed with one big Arena again but a lot of smaller red gold spots you will enjoy the high variety of that Class 2 planet for sure.
Not to mention that you can just drill your way rich again everywhere…

All limits and base spawning stuff will be untouched for now except that you have Anti Grief again, IF you use the Land Claim Device in your base!

Homeworld 9.0

Not final yet

The biggest change (and hopefully working) will be the planet Homeworld!
As you saw above, you get 70 RP if you “Conquer” the planet!

How?

• Every day there will be the Event “Capture the Base” on Homeworld.
  • Find and capture the “HWS Metropolis” (mixed with ships and by foot) and hold it!
  • During the prime time, from 6-10 PM (EU) | 12-4 AM (NA), you can fly with your ships into the planet. If you try before, you get teleported out of the planet.
  • If someone re-cored the POI (Alien faction) and protected his Core until the time is over, everyone will be teleported out of the planet and the Winner (player / faction who put the Core in), can enter Homeworld again — everyone else can’t enter :slight_smile:
  • The winner has access to Homeworld until the next day 5PM (EU) 10PM (NA). After that amount of time he will get ejected from the planet too and the planet will wipe and prepare for the next Event.
  • The winner (faction) has every day the chance to get 1 million credits and 70 RP!

Titan 9.0

Just as mentioned above:

• Whoever can keep a Base 24 hours on Titan get 10 RP for that day.

That should be it for now. Some of mentioned things are still not done, so I will highly push myself now.
As I said multiple times by now: time is missing for more cool stuff. But it seems a pattern, that the HWS X.X seasons are always better, than the pushed HWS X.0 seasons :wink:

I hope to see you in HWS 9 nevertheless and you like our work!

Your HWS Team

P.S.: Today is the last day I can implement HWS Supporter Planets / Spaces. If the current Supporter Planet Owner do not contact me, their planets won’t be in HWS 9 at the start.
P.P.S.: I can’t promise to announce the Survey results before the new season. But once again thanks to all, your rewards will be delivered one by one (don’t stress too much, I won’t forget it!)

9 Likes

Changed the HWS Spawn pads to Repair Pads (no need for platforms to spawn ships anymore)
:+1:

• 1 Anti CV & BA Supergate (Only SV will survive this trip)
  • 1 Anti BA Supergate (all ships will survive. It only targets bases)

Not to mention that you can just drill your way rich again everywhere…

All limits and base spawning stuff will be untouched for now except that you have Anti Grief again, IF you use the Land Claim Device in your base!

winner has access to Homeworld until the next day 5PM

4 Likes

Keep on doing what you’re doing Rex, this seems spot on for 9.0 “good work”

4 Likes

Yup same here, the fact that this hasn’t blown up to 300 messages already is that silence normally=hapiness haha. I really like the look of this! I’ll certainly be popping on to take potshots at enemies hahaha :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

Ok so is gonna be the 3rd season here and i can speak as a pvp veteran too now and i can add some criticism.

• Tier origin skills 1-10 - I like it.

• Origin reputation, now seems too much unbalanced to Alliance. Speaking as lawless the pvp excellence.
    I kill 5 times an alliance player - 5X5=25, i became guilty 25-5=20 and i need to pay RP and MONEY to be unguilty.
    Alliance player kills me 5 times - 5X10=50 and he does not became guilty… and is a pve faction.

• Whoever can keep a Base 24 hours on Titan get 10 RP for that day. I hope that BASE gonna be a BASE not only a core like homeworld last season.

• New supergates - i love those

• Armageddon - nice idea but i think it will be empty like always since all have to much resources stored in ocds

• Sathon and jupidor - Honestly we need those?

• Space and resources in general the last season were too rich and defragmenting the “hotspots”

• Golden Globe - First time with bunkers and finally the last. So much drama added, now finally we need to fight to live there :slight_smile:

• Homeworld - JUST WOW!!!

2 Likes

Homeworld looks like it’s going to be fun. But will the alliance of the winning faction be able to enter or just the winning faction?

At the moment just the faction.

ok let’s face it, assuming all deaths from opposing origins occur in pvp, I consider that the punctuation of origins as to Rp by death from opposite origins must change, see in pvp we usually shoot first and ask after, right? partidno of this point I consider that all the origins must gain points in RP in zone pvp for killing, even if they are of the same origin, after all you are in a zone of war the danger is mortal and to turn off its weapons is not an option, I consider that both aliaça and without law and freelancer should receive Rp for killing in pvp and not to become guilty, even in killing itself of the same origin, the term guilty must be put only if it is dead in territory pve with hand weapons and or entering in the red zone or for a reward of more than 10 million, still the rp for death in both origins must be matched and even if the same origin is killed in pvp, he is not guilty because he only receives half of the rp he would receive if he killed enemy source .

Thanks for your Feedback guys :slight_smile:
Hope to see even more PvE and PvP in HWS 9!

You forgot the passive RP Gain for Lawless:

But overall I never said that Alliance is a PvE Origin :slight_smile: Everyone have strengths and weaknesses.
About guilty and bounty I’m not satisfied myself yet. I will rethink these two features for awhile soon.

The HWS Survey said yes and overall I have a new idea for them, but guess time is missing to get it implemented for HWS 9. In HWS 9.X then.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarification!

1 Like

because only Law less and Alliance origins win Rp by killing each other in pvp, if in pvp we are all enemies … even if we are of the same origin, this must be modified already this time and is broken, there were many fights in pvp where we fought alliances that contained in their ranks groups of different origins, ie this rule
Rp is contradictory …

Here we are, this is a really good and constructive post Paxxo, I agree with specific points, well said! :wink:

Best regards and happy Christmas to you and all.
Wise.

Hi Rexx jut to be sure, if i am alliance and want to fight for the Homeworld Planet, I will loose the Bonus for living all in PVE right?(the same if I build a Base on Titan )

If you have structures in PvP at 9am server restart then you are counted as living in PvP for that previous day. Same for PvE.

Remove all your structures from PvP at least 5 minutes before restart and you should be fine (sooner than that is better though.)

Edit: I updated the HWS Universe 9.0.

There are 3 (1 per Origin) more PvP planets (Moons).

Actually a feedback from some guys awhile ago but within the HQ PvE system, the Moons will be PvP.
The first easy steps for some to participate and test PvP.
Moderate Loot / Resources there to attract them.

2 Likes

it is actually 5x9= 45

Yeah, but if he kills a freelancer he gets Jack and you get 5RP. And if he kills an allaince he gets instant guilty and -5 RP So there is some balance.