HWS big pre-3.0-update! OCD!

Hey guys,

even though the HWS 3.0 update is very large we were able to release a very big / important feature: the Orbital Cargo Drone (OCD).
This not only will help you for the full 3.0 wipe it will also change the gameplay in a certain way.

[size=150]What is Orbital Cargo Drone (OCD)?[/size]
Imagine that you have a orbital cargo ship / drone waiting for your orders to bring you items. What items? YOUR items. You can transfer the items you have in your hand slots (on the left side 1-9) to the OCD.

So let me paste the information about the OCD you can also read on the HWS Connect information popup (Go to HWS Connect -> Choose Server -> Click the OCD card -> click on the green information button at the top/right)

[size=150]Orbital Cargo Drone Information[/size]
The Orbital Cargo Drone is an ultimate feature to store stuff from your player into a virtual Cargo Box - the Orbital Cargo Drone. Your items are save there and you can get them at special conditions. There are five upgrade level and faction specific cooldown times. Also the slot count is limited to the upgrade levels. Read more below.

To see the available OCD commands visit: HWS Commands ( empyrion-homeworld.net/hws-commands )

[size=150]Orbital Cargo Drone Level Prices[/size]
OCD Level 1 - free
OCD Level 2 - 125000 Credits
OCD Level 3 - 300000 Credits
OCD Level 4 - 600000 Credits
OCD Level 5 - 7000000 Credits (Premium: Donator have already OCD to level 5)

[size=150]Orbital Cargo Drone Slot Count[/size]
The higher your level the more slots your OCD has the more you can store:

OCD Level 1 - 7 Slots
OCD Level 2 - 15 Slots
OCD Level 3 - 30 Slots
OCD Level 4 - 70 Slots
OCD Level 5 - 100 Slots (Premium: Donator have already OCD to level 5)

[size=150]Orbital Cargo Drone Slot Amount Limit[/size]
Per slot and level you have a limit of items you can store in one slot:

OCD Level 1 - 100 of one item
OCD Level 2 - 500 of one item
OCD Level 3 - 1000 of one item
OCD Level 4 - 7000 of one item
OCD Level 5 - 700000 of one item (Premium: Donator have already OCD to level 5)

[size=150]Orbital Cargo Drone Faction cooldowns[/size]
Each faction has different cooldowns in getting items. (no cooldown in putting items to the OCD):

Lawless / No-Faction: 24 hours
Pirate: 12 hours
Trader: No cooldown
Hunter: 6 hours
Alliance 1 hour

Example: if you have 999 Large Fuel Packs in your hand-slot 1 and 500 Large Fuel Packs in your hand-slot 2 you can type ocd:put:1 and after a relog ocd:put:2. Then you can check here on HWS Connect that in your slot 1 of OCD you have 1499 Large Fuel Packs.

[size=150]FAQ[/size]
Q: Are my items save?
A: Yes!

Q: Are my items save like by a full wipe?
A: Yes! You better upgrade your OCD

Q: What is OCD?
A: Read above

Q: You sure my items are save?
A: Yes…

Q: Where do I see my stored items?
A: On HWS Connect!

If you have any feedback / suggestions / questions let us know!

We really hope you like it. We put a lot of work into it.

Jascha & RexXxuS

I have just chatted to Rexxus about this, and suggested that the cooldown be removed if you are in the Elemental Marketplace. It’s a safe area, so people can’t abuse it to spawn weapons and such, but also allows people to rebuild quickly (without the long cool-down) if they have been completely wiped out and want to get up and running again. It makes sense from a lore point of view too, since the cargo depot could conceivably be in the Elemental Marketplace too. :slight_smile:

Nice work guys, looking forward to trying it!
~Illy

Hey all,

Awesome job, very nice feature you made there :smiley:

Just a little question, is it possible to add ocd:put:all for example to stock all the nine slots in one time ? can be usefull to store ores or anything in large quantity.

Many thanks for your hard work !!!

[quote=“Illysune”]I have just chatted to Rexxus about this, and suggested that the cooldown be removed if you are in the Elemental Marketplace. It’s a safe area, so people can’t abuse it to spawn weapons and such, but also allows people to rebuild quickly (without the long cool-down) if they have been completely wiped out and want to get up and running again. It makes sense from a lore point of view too, since the cargo depot could conceivably be in the Elemental Marketplace too. :slight_smile:

~Illy[/quote]
I second this idea, it’s important for people to be able to get their stuff after a wipe.

EDIT: Your Commands are not working right now, OCD:put:HAND-SLOT does not work. OCD:put:1 (thru 10) does work.

[quote=“Illysune”]I have just chatted to Rexxus about this, and suggested that the cooldown be removed if you are in the Elemental Marketplace. It’s a safe area, so people can’t abuse it to spawn weapons and such, but also allows people to rebuild quickly (without the long cool-down) if they have been completely wiped out and want to get up and running again. It makes sense from a lore point of view too, since the cargo depot could conceivably be in the Elemental Marketplace too. :slight_smile:

~Illy[/quote]

I third this. Good suggestion mate.

[quote=“Fenra369”]
EDIT: Your Commands are not working right now, OCD:put:HAND-SLOT does not work. OCD:put:1 (thru 10) does work.[/quote]

They work. HAND-SLOT is the placeholder for well, your hand slots. On the left side 1-9.

This is an AWESOME feature, you guys are brilliant!

The only thing I don’t like is that you have to put stuff in 1 stack at a time and that means logging off and on dozens of times. It’s all I have seen in chat tonight is people putting stuff in.

Blackwing has a great idea to be able to put everything of one type in at one time. Maybe make it so if I put say 999 Iron in my hand slot, and I have three more stacks of iron in my backpack, when I do the ocd:put:3 command, it takes ALL the iron at the same time.

Another thing that would be nifty is if we could get ALL the items in a single autominer, without having to look up exactly how many are there. So like am:get:ir ALL gets whatever is there.

Keep up the good work guys, this is really exciting!

Thanks for the suggestions:

So far I wrote down the following things that i try to adress tomorrow:

• OCD Bug: Sorry some lost some stuff :frowning: and the descriptions seems a little confusing…
  • On PVE it will be no Cooldown (for building up after total PVP loss)
  • Get:all
  • Put:all

hope i did not forget anything…

And maybe maybe if it works fine and if we have the feeling that we dont open more doors to exploits we will change our system as Elfias also suggested to an “offline” one.
So you type as many commands as you like. But as soon as you relog on your own it does all the work you told him before… Lets see :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Keep them coming!

10/10

Great idea. Cooldown on PVE would only hinder building attempts.

[quote=“Jascha”]

• OCD Bug: Sorry some lost some stuff :frowning: and the descriptions seems a little confusing…[/quote]
    Done

[quote=“Jascha”]

• On PVE it will be no Cooldown (for building up after total PVP loss)[/quote]
    Done

[quote=“Jascha”]

• Get:all[/quote]
    Done

[quote=“Jascha”]

• Put:all[/quote]

Not done :slight_smile:

Enjoy

You absolute lad. Nice one mate.

[quote=“Jascha”][quote=“Jascha”]

• OCD Bug: Sorry some lost some stuff :frowning: and the descriptions seems a little confusing…[/quote]
    Done

[quote=“Jascha”]

• On PVE it will be no Cooldown (for building up after total PVP loss)[/quote]
    Done

[quote=“Jascha”]

• Get:all[/quote]
    Done

[quote=“Jascha”]

• Put:all[/quote]

Not done :slight_smile:

Enjoy[/quote]
Sorry, ocd:get is bugged right now. Jascha will look into it as soon as he comes back.

Hi,

this could be good if it was for everybody. The upgrade cost too much and with the first level you can’t really save almost anything respect of what you lose with a full wipe. This feature right now like it is will give only a big advantage for the person that has more and nothing for those that have less.
I will keep the ore in the am and I will get them after wipe, it is the only way to try to rebuild fast but if I need to restart from beginning I will be out I can’t and don’t want to lose time with something that has to restart every time. Could be more simple just let people respawn their stuff after wipe instead no, I don’t understand why it can’t be like this.

Sorry aviator1280 I have to disagree with you on the costs, they have to have some sort of incentive for people to donate, there not asking for a lot even for the poorest of people. Why should someone benefit with ease for the hard work and feature that are unique to this server for free?

A Wipe does suck but the really important stuff as far as i’am aware, auto miners and miner upgrades your bank, Cargo storage and upgrades don’t get wiped, stuff like Bases, CV and SV can be built with ease inside of a week even for someone who starting from scratch

Hey!

Do you know when the wipe will hit?

V

[quote=“Vodor”]Hey!

Do you know when the wipe will hit?

V[/quote]
No ETA yet.

Aviator it is similar to the flame against the Auto Miner nerf. These things are not meant for casual easy peasy things. They should help you in the long run. Maybe the prices are a bit high but gold is easy to get on the other hand.
If you use your 7+ slots wiseley you can be good prepared for the wipe.
And for people just joined the server and blaming there is not enough, well they don’t have lot to loose anyways.

We will see how this feature will be used after some time. Maybe we adjust values here and there.

I’d like to point out, that each slot in the ocd, is NOT limited to the stack size in game. I am lvl 5, so a slot in the ocd can be 700k iron ingots.

And since the OCD and AM are things that dont wipe its alos something for a really long Game. So something you keep over month to build up no matter if a wipe comes. So if you dont manage to get level 5 until the first wipe, you have great chances to get it with next wipe and then you have it for ever.
So its also something you can “Achieve” and enjoy working for. I think leveling something is anyhow always something people enjoy.
We also thought of getting more levels to AM after the Wipe so you could continue leveling up.

Great stuff. Glad you guys have focus on the “long game” aspect. This helps keep the community together and makes for more fun. :slight_smile:

Love the ocd, beautiful balance and design, thanks guys.