HWS Going To Make A PVP ONLY SERVER?

I personally would love to see a PVP only server a brutal Galaxy of death and danger increased alien/drone attacks serverwide and a real test of your survival skills as you need to build large defences in space or on planets to fight off players or impending attacks by aliens that you are warned about 20 mins in advance.

A server where people will be impressed if you are able to survive and flourish with a competitive leader board for time survived in dangerous systems / planets and highest number of kills with daily rewards for the players at the top of the leaderboard.

offline raid protection rules that prevent logging out mid combat and praying and doesn’t last long enough for you to just leave your stuff anywhere you like and go off for a week

Just asking if you guys are going to make an entirely PVP only server with all the same planets but all systems except the major trade hub being PVP and not being able to build or keep anything in the trade hub for more than 2 hours to prevent people hiding their CVs there you will be encouraged to trade and evacuate.

I really enjoy PVP I build all my bases in PVP I enjoy the danger and the freedom to attack other players and possibly steal from them and the interesting strategies people employ to evade other players or even show an unexpected act of kindness and help someone who may try to kill you it takes me back to DAYz. I don’t have a group of friends playing with me or the most experience winning in pvp but I enjoy the risk there is always someone out there who may pose a serious threat to you and I like that.

I am making this post to get a read on what the rest of the community is like do any of you actually like PVP? and I am not asking if you like blowing up other players stuff mostly I now that is going to be a yes I am on about the whole experience without being able to just hide your base in PVE space and know that it is safe. you win some you lose some and you have to play it safe and make sure to get a few blueprints ready in case you get rekt…

anyway let me know if you like the idea of a PVP only server with a 2 hour trading PVE hub or you prefer PVE and just want to sit in PVE with no danger or be safe in the knowledge you can go PVP people and then retreat back to PVE.

2 Likes

Don’t expect this.

Jascha and RexXxuS, are working really hard just on these 2 servers. A third one would make a lot of stuff difficult, and it would probably also stress them out. I don’t know about you, but i prefer 2 amazing servers to 3 good servers :smiley:

Think that would be a pretty lonely server… hehe… but who knows, maybe when the game demands less resources in the future

Also i’d prefer HWS RU anytime, more than a PvP server. A great way to get rid of those russians :smiley:

That would be a money sink for Rexx. Can’t see it being very populated nor cost effective. Most PvP strict servers either have dried up of players or completely gone under.

2 Likes

fair enough makes more sense to just make better PVP modes / planets on the current servers to encourage fair pvp and offer rewards and leave it at that

I like PvP but i also think PvE is good

Only skimmed through — my thought is far too soon to attempt.

Until performance improves alot, and game breaking bugs fixed — not possible and will be a lousy experience.

Even now, many player deaths are caused by game performance/bugs.

Many players find themselves in situations directly tied to these issues and need rescued.

Sounds good, but far too soon. Game needs a lot of work.

Guessing we easily spend a third to 1/2 our time as a faction dealing with the outcome of these issues.

3 Likes

In PvP it doens’t really matter if you lose the fight though. Everyone loses. It’s just about who loses the least. Nobody wins. Hopefully eleon will improve this :smiley: There’s no gain in PvP

1 Like

Empyrion can’t handle PVP only at this stage. It’s a PVE/single player game with PVP/multiplayer shoe-horned in.

Perhaps in later versions.

1 Like

completely agree however the new territory mechanic and npc troops perhaps that will change as we may have a faction we are building up and winning or losing in the future likely means losing territory or control of resource nodes

Wat would b cool, is if territorys can be made pvp and the rest of planet pve

1 Like

yes im looking forward to how the new territory system rolls out, im sure Rex and Jascha will find someway to make territories even more useful. :smiley:

POI filled with loot at the center of a territory, with PVP enabled…
Origin controlled territories, fight for your origin, not just faction…

Forget about it. Origins are fighting themselfs. Without cb:scan you can’t know who’s what origin

great idea. the more PVP the better

2 Likes

Now on the server is a cool system of PvE, which works in synergy with trade and economy = thanks to Rex and Yasha for the cool work! The main problem is that the alien base pve is in the pve planets or pve cosmos, and this is very bad as it discourages the players from danger because other players cannot fight with you for the booty that you just do here quietly in the PvE zone with no punishment! Since economics and trading allows you to make money well, even in PvP players, they are sitting in the pwe zones and farming the base.

The solution to the problem is to make a good balancing of PVE and PVP, which is clearly enough for the moment! We must do the following

1. Do all space PvP. except ECC
  2. Make all the planets where there is a rich base of aliens only pvp!
  3. Starting planets of factions leave PVE so that players can develop and make raids for the necessary resources in the dangerous world of cold and ruthless space, where they are waiting for adventure and battle! These planets must contain the resources that are needed to build a ship of any type.

Thank you all! I think everyone will like this solution proposed by me as it makes the balance and interest in the game!

Still, I would remove the warp in pvp space and would only move between sectors only through wargates, and each wargate should lead not to all sectors to choose from, but only to specific ones where the player can jump further along the route. !))) I would be happy if server administrators take this into account and make a real dangerous space, as it should be!

1 Like

In the last post I said something along the lines of:
Empyrion is not a PvP game. It’s barely multiplayer. Empyrion is built for singleplayer play with the other features shoe-horned in

That said, making a PVP only server would not only provide issues mechanically but logistically. For example:

All space? I don’t have a major issue with that besides it’s a good place to store ships compared to the more computer resource-heavy planets. I’m not sure this would be majorly beneficial to most players or add more fun.

This alienates the PVE players. While they’re inside the POIs other would come by and destroy their ships outside. Where’s the fun in that besides for the people who would do this religiously to troll? No need to make a PVE aspect of the game into PVP. Doesn’t make sense.

I firmly disagree. I’m in the camp of removing supergates from PVP because they make it much less fun imho. People warping out while under heavy fire has always been an issue, but why make it so that you can’t stop a ship from leaving at all? With warping, you can go for the warp core to try and disable running and also chase people by seeing what direction they’re pointing and warp after them. Can’t do that with supergates.

HWS is a mixed server because that’s what people want. PVP only means offline raiding all the time. You log back in and guess what? You have nothing left. OLP can only do so much. Additionally, pvp just isnt for everyone. Some people want to fly nice ships and make things that look pretty. I personally wish PVP wasn’t just flying ugly bricks into combat or other cheesy looking things. With a mixed system, you have a bit of both.

All space? I don’t have a major issue with that besides it’s a good place to store ships compared to the more computer resource-heavy planets. I’m not sure this would be majorly beneficial to most players or add more fun.

Whay not? i remeber time alpha 5 when all space will be pvp we have rotation planet and RP planet where live players

This alienates the PVE players. While they’re inside the POIs other would come by and destroy their ships outside. Where’s the fun in that besides for the people who would do this religiously to troll? No need to make a PVE aspect of the game into PVP. Doesn’t make sense.

PVE players come and go away from server. pvp players stay always. if you want trade why you go to pvp playfield alone? take you friend and go trade.

I firmly disagree. I’m in the camp of removing supergates from PVP because they make it much less fun imho. People warping out while under heavy fire has always been an issue, but why make it so that you can’t stop a ship from leaving at all? With warping, you can go for the warp core to try and disable running and also chase people by seeing what direction they’re pointing and warp after them. Can’t do that with supergates.

HWS is a mixed server because that’s what people want. PVP only means offline raiding all the time. You log back in and guess what? You have nothing left. OLP can only do so much. Additionally, pvp just isnt for everyone. Some people want to fly nice ships and make things that look pretty. I personally wish PVP wasn’t just flying ugly bricks into combat or other cheesy looking things. With a mixed system, you have a bit of both

becouse pvp players tired when other pvp players run - warp use supergates. battles are sometimes long for 30 minutes and each time frustration when you see your opponent running

No.

POIs aren’t that profitable (in fact I kinda consider most of them a waste of time). Yet, no.

Erhm, no. Most of us are not waiting for battle, mostly for adventure. Not every player find shooting each other in unbalanced, unprofitable, objective-less PVP very fun.

2 Likes

Nope. HWS is highly successful thanks to its unique structure, Empy is not built for pure PVP.

Best regards
Wise

1 Like