HWS Hunter Board Feedback

An observation, So if you have enough money, you can buy information for hidden bases. Because of the Bounties placed on people, their coordinates were listed, which led to an attack on a base that was well hidden. the one faction member online was afk. And we lost 5 CVs and a starbase. I also personally lost two alien cores that I paid real currency for in support of this server. My opinion of the attackers is not high, but they broke no rules. I just think the posting of coordinates on wanted posters needs to be rethought.

Then maybe your faction mates should worry about where they lay their heads while guilty?

The mechanic is clear, and the information is available to everyone.

1 Like

If you are guilty your co’ords are listed. No bounty involved.

To get precise co-ords via placing a bounty requires a large outlay - cant recall but i think in the order of either 10 or 100 mill unless im mistaken.

And as a player you can remove your guilty status, if you want… (for a cost of RP and credits)

50m for coords

1 Like

you’d have to have a serious grudge to wanna stump up a 50m bounty for someone :slight_smile:

so its likely the OP or faction mate was guilty and offlined at their deep space base - not a good idea.

That’s exactly what happened.

I understand exactly what happened. I am just made a post of my views on this point known. I think that it should change for future seasons. But, I am just one opinion.

Its a valid point for discussion - although to be precise the ‘bounty/co-ord’ system is not the issue in this exact case. You lost your stuff because of the ‘guilty/co-ord’ system (and no small amount of carelessness.)

On your co-ord point - as Swiss pointed out someone would have to put a 50 mill bounty on your head to reveal your co-ords. Not sure if anyone has actually seriously done that yet.

If it was your first time guilty then just 100,000 and 1 RP it would have cost you to do egs:noguilty - this wouldve removed your co-ords from the hunter board.

In addition and slightly off topic - I have my own issue with the guilty system. 1 more alliance kill and I pay 1mill and 10RP to set notguilty. Having paid every level up til now. 900k, 800k etc etc - Thats a fair few mill creds just for engaging in a little PvP action. Doesnt feel right. RP system is getting a rework I believe - I do hope this is addressed.

1 Like

I understand and not down playing the impact — especially in regards to the alien cores.

In future, consider:

1. Whenever a faction member goes on the hunter/guilty board revealing coords – that player should be considered quarantined and not go anywhere near a faction base in pvp
  2. Never store anything of value in a pvp location you’re not willing to lose (note: there remains a sometimes warp teleport to other player base/vessel bug that also can reveal deep space locations)
  3. Alien core — store them in ocd. Not certain if any level restrictions — I was putting them in my lvl 5 ocd.

So long as “hacking” of ocd isnt brought into server — they are safe in ocd.

And, until they can be “safed” in the ocd, keep them in your backpack. Just dont die and lose your backpack in the meantime.

IMO, there are options to have prevented the loss. Not seeing justification to remove the coord reveal system.

1 Like

Welcome to pvp my friend.