HWS Story 2.0 & Auto Miner 2.0

Hey guys,

shortly we release the long announced Story 2.0 update and as a surprise the Auto Miner 2.0 update. Well not really a surprise: the poll was closed yesterday ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=268 ) and jascha did an awesome job and reworked it for today.

HWS Story 2.0 - so what is it about?
HWS Story 2.0 should help us to have a better unique Story (Role Play) where it really matters in which faction you are. It should also balance the overall complain about PvE / PvP we hope.

So now you have also the fa: command. Type fa:info for your proper faction information and fa:? for faction commands + following special commands:

Alliance
Each Day 100 Cr Income + (10 CR * Reputation)
fa:scan - shows if an enemy is near 10k you in orbit

Hunter
Each Day 100 Cr + (10 CR * Reputation) if not died in 24hrs
fa:supply - once per week a resource + ammo + weapon package
[attachment=2]Hunter.PNG[/attachment]

Trader
fa:supply - once per week a resource package
[attachment=0]Trader.PNG[/attachment]

Pirate
fa:supply - once per week a ammo + weapon package
[attachment=1]Pirate.PNG[/attachment]

Lawless / No-Faction
fa:survival - gives you one time 700 credits to overcome the 10% fee of marketplace

Generally Reputation Points are very important. They give you for now a general boost in certain situations.
The longer you stay in one faction the more profit you gain from it.
We have no automatism for it but we set a general guideline that you can switch factions once per week (don’t try to get all faction benefits in switching factions one by one - you only get your bonus from the first one you tried)

Auto Miner 2.0
For the new HWS 3.0 universe and regarding the overall feedback we adjusted the Auto Miner to a new level.

1. We reduced the outcome of Ores
    Level 1
    Ore Outcome = 5
    Level 2
    Ore Outcome = 10
    Level 3
    Ore Outcome = 15
    Level 4
    Ore Outcome = 20
    Level 5
    Ore Outcome = 30
    Level 6
    Ore Outcome = 35
    Level 7
    Ore Outcome = 40
    Level 8
    Ore Outcome = 50
    Level 9
    Ore Outcome = 100
    Level 10
    Ore Outcome = 150

For Sathium, Neodymium and Gold you have to devide these values by 3.
All information will be updated in HWS Connect as soon as possible.

1. We removed Erestrum and Zascosium Auto Miner. We want to encourage people to explore the universe. For now it was even on lvl 1 too easy and boring. Also the Trader faction lost many contracts because of that

2. We added a max cargo space for all auto miners. You can only have a certain amount of Ores now depending on your auto miner level.
    Level 1
    Max Cargo Space 300
    Level 2
    Max Cargo Space 600
    Level 3
    Max Cargo Space 750
    Level 4
    Max Cargo Space 1200
    Level 5
    Max Cargo Space 1650
    Level 6
    Max Cargo Space 1950
    Level 7
    Max Cargo Space 2400
    Level 8
    Max Cargo Space 3000
    Level 9
    Max Cargo Space 6000
    Level 10
    Max Cargo Space 9000

For the update Erestrum and Zascosium will be removed. So if you have some withdraw it now. All other Ores will be saved.

Keep in mind: we will adjust some values here and there along the way. We are always happy about your feedback too of course!

We hope you like it.

Your HWS Team

Sounds like a sensible update, better than expected! I will ask that do sathium asteroids respawn over time? Or only with wipes? I tend to use them up quite a bit :smiley:

Best regards
Wise.

PS: I’ll leave more feedback after about a week for the new feel of this. :slight_smile: Once the cargo drone idea is in place it would be nice as it means we have a safe place to keep those rare ores. :smiley:

example: My copper autominer is lv8 and the current cargo is 6000. Does my copper autominer stop working and I do not have to pay the 8 pentaxid cost for that day? My gold miner is lv10 but the gold cargo is only 500, am I only paying 10 pentaxid for that day?

edit tldr : am I paying 18 pentaxid or 10 pentaxid for that day?

[quote=“Jiroh”]example: My copper autominer is lv8 and the current cargo is 6000. Does my copper autominer stop working and I do not have to pay the 8 pentaxid cost for that day? My gold miner is lv10 but the gold cargo is only 500, am I only paying 10 pentaxid for that day?

edit tldr : am I paying 18 pentaxid or 10 pentaxid for that day?[/quote]

If you have due to the update more Ores then allowed, then the Autominer will not take fuel for that ore and you will not gain ore until its below the Maximum. BBut you will also not loose these Ores.
Pentaxit costs are for all the same, just the amount you get out is different.

Update looks really good, just 1 question Erestrum and Zascosium miner I have a lot of resources in those miners have I lost these resources?

Interesting changes Jascha/Rexx and team. One thing to concider that might actually help with the Alliance and Bounty Hunters game play regarding Facscan and Pentax:

Alliance are more like the police. It would seem they would do much better with having either unlimited warp or at the least get a good Pentax “salary” so they could do their patrols for bad guys.

Bounty Hunters are…well they’re hunting. And it seems to make more sense to give them Facscan to they can find the bounties they’re working.

Some additional thoughts/concerns:

1. The concern with Alliance having Facscan might be them playing outside their role and then becoming information brokers for other BH’s or Pirates…or for that matter anyone on the server they want to share location knowledge with. I think giving them a big “transportation bonus” in either Pentax or Warps would encourage them to get out and patrol around more.

2. BH’s are notoriously sneaky and hiding so they can catch their bounty. Giving Alliance the Facscan could expose BH locations, a very serious problem and would ruin their stealthy play style. If a friend faction of Alliance is being tracked, it’s easy for Alliance to help them avoid BH’s. No more hiding from a BH looking for a bounty when Alliance can tell everyone where they are and worse…where their bases might be.

3. BH’s using Facscan would be much less likely to reveal other players/factions location because there is no money in it. No money, no bounty. They would actually HURT themselves by revealing others locations because THEY are the ones wanting to catch them by surprise and fulfill any bounty on that target/mark. BH’s might share among BH’s but still it comes down to money and knowledge for a BH is money.

4. Thinking about the ROLEs of BH’s and Alliance. In a movie, let’s pretend, the Alliance is usually a powerful government or organization with unlimited resources (say free warps/pentax), chasing down the bad guys. They may be the governing powers of the galaxy, but they don’t know everything (Facscan). Now BH’s, are limited in their power and resources BUT they used their knowledge, network and technology (facscan) to find their prey and avoid authorities.

5. Now that I think about it, I’m against giving Alliance a Pentax/Crystal salary and would rather just give them free warps or reduced warp costs. Here’s why: they could ruin the market by selling unused Pentax/Crystals. They can help other factions by giving them Pentax/Crystals thus giving rival factions/faction types advantages.

I need more coffee…I’ll post more when my brain wakes up. :slight_smile:

Jello

I wonder… If it’s possible to keep both, but give bh’s an extended range based on their reputation. As it stands:

Fa:scan is a 10k range, 15 minute cooldown.

Now, if bh gets fa:scan with 7k range, but 10 minute cooldown, then boost range by 1k per reputation, and -10 seconds cooldown per reputation.

Keep alliance with their scan, capped at 10k, 15 minutes.

This setup, i feel will encourage bounty hunters to go out and complete contracts, as well as encourage people to USE bounty hunters. It would also discourage people from faction hopping, or role switching, if rep is penalized for swapping roles/factions.

Love this update. I’m nearly at the stage where I may join a faction.

What I understood that Venus was an Alliance planet… what happens if I’m alliance and switch to BH or Pirates? Can I keep the base and use it as a staging ground?

very good ideas. We will think about these for future updates! Thanks - makes really sense

[quote=“Vodor”]Love this update. I’m nearly at the stage where I may join a faction.

What I understood that Venus was an Alliance planet… what happens if I’m alliance and switch to BH or Pirates? Can I keep the base and use it as a staging ground?[/quote]
Yes Vodor but of course you need to protect it very good then :wink:

Dear admins,

I would like to know few things that are not really clear yet.

We are going to face a version upgrade and a story upgrade and an autominer upgrade.

Because this time I would love to don’t lose my stuff or lose the less I can we need to know better details.
When the am will be upgrade? and what happens to all the ore collected until now?
When version 3 will be released and what we are going to lose? (at this point I suggest the upgrade of autominer after the version 3 so to give the opportunity to player to take all the ores collected until now and restart easly)
What with version 3 will happen to ready blueprints or to resources in the factory?
What will happen to the credits?

I really appreciate if this time we will avoid to lose anything because it will discourage I think not only me to play longer. For example right now knowing about a possible wipe I’m not willing to explore or build more or doing anything in the game. I’m one of that kind of player that can’t play too many hours and to arrive at the point I’m now it takes too long. Me and all the player like me will appreciate to keep our stuff or respawn them if total wipe and keep all the ores in the autominer. If I take them now I don’t know if I will lose them with version 3. So please can you take some time to answer to all this question and give us a kind of guide to lose as much less as possible?
Thank you!

[quote=“RexXxuS”][quote=“Vodor”]Love this update. I’m nearly at the stage where I may join a faction.

What I understood that Venus was an Alliance planet… what happens if I’m alliance and switch to BH or Pirates? Can I keep the base and use it as a staging ground?[/quote]
Yes Vodor but of course you need to protect it very good then :wink:[/quote]

Haha I will, we’re looking at Bounty Hunters, in theory the Alliance shouldn’t attack us unless we start a fight with a bounty on their heads?

Hey aviator,

thanks a lot for your comment. We know how it feels to loose all stuff again and again. We also experienced it a lot when we still had the possibility to really play. But we also hear now all the crys due to it… :frowning:
Therefore we started long ago to help out on wipes, and now we are extendig it a lot.
But one word before: Next wipe is still “far” away. Who knows when Alpha 3.0 comes out. So no worry yet.

About AM: It already upgraded on Sunday… so i guess since you did not notice any loss :slight_smile: nothing was lost. The only thing lost was Eres and Zas, since they are special resources which the AM caused to flood the marked. If you lost a lot of Eres and Zas (which we checked before) we would give a smal recompensation. But nothing else was lost.

What about 3.0 Wipe?
Well there are 3 Ways for now to keep stuff beyond the wipe:
1.) Donators have a fresh donator pack
2.) Autominer will not be wiped
3.) OCD… OCD? Yes OCD: Orbital Cargo Drone: You can store here stuff in our tool and it will survive the wipe! Donators automatically have level 5 and can store… well enough :slight_smile:. All others can upgrade OCD the same way the upgraded the AM. First level is activated and for free.

Sadly this needs to be wiped since it is in the player and we cant change that.

Credits will be put onto your bank account as it was with last wipe (Max: 250k).

I hope that puts you guys a bit to ease. Long ago since we had to wipe, so its getting better and better. And with the new functions at hand wipes should be a bit easier to live with until they are no more neccessary.

Thank you for some detailed info, Jascha. I’ll pm a question i don’t want to broadcast due to a potential exploit.

I’m looking forward to the implementation of the ocd, and everything you guys have been working hard to accomplish. Stay tuned, static and her allies are working on plans for something fun, would like the admins to come tour when we are finished