I need help please - CV taken by HWS Faction - Resolved/Giving up

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=> HWS took my CV. Name of the ship is “LCV-1 Armored” I landed on Iceworld, went away on my HV for less than two minutes and when I returned to my CV it was red and turrets tracking me. Now the ship is “poof” gone.

Player(s) with issue:
=> Torber

Server:
=> NA server

Time (cb:time):
=> 21:30ish

Playfield:
=> Homeworld System -> Iceworld

Structure Name(s):
=>

Structure ID(s):
=>

How can we help you now:
=> Would be nice to get my CV back and an explanation as to why the system decided to take the ship.

1.4 Seizure / Removal of Structures

In the event any of the above and/or ingame stated limits are exceeded, the server will take the following actions:

• PvP Planets : After Two 2-minute warnings your structure will be set to HWS faction ( 6 minutes in total after placing the structure)
    PvP Space : After Two x 3-minute warnings your structure will be set to HWS faction ( 8 minutes in total after placing the structure)
  • PvE Planets & Space : After Five x 15-minute warnings your structure will be set to HWS (90 minutes in total after placing the structure)
  • Structures set to HWS faction will be deleted in
    PvP : after 6 minutes
    PvE : after 3 days
  • Limit abuse : If you place structures with the intent that HWS will capture it to attack enemies, you will be punished.

A penalty which involves Credit and RP loss (per the buyback formula) will apply to you if it was set to private and will apply to all faction members if it was set to faction.

1.5 Structure Buyback

If your structure was seized and changed to HWS faction, you may buy it back (costs both RP and credits) before the server deletes it. It may be purchased with the following command:

egs:buyshipback:ID (get the ID by typing “di” in the ingame console and look at your structure list)

The cost calculation formula is below:

( Blocks * Devices ) / 2 credits + RP * (in Starter system 1000 credits + RP*)
*RP cost = Class size of structure

1 Like

Unfortunately I have no interest in the level of detail of what I can land on a planet or not. NOTE: there was zero warning about ship size when landing on the planet, though I can now see that my CV was size 2 and the iceworld planet only allows size 1. The lack of warning and the short time (2 minutes, really?) is extremely off putting. If you are going to have an automated system the notifications should be there. It seems like a good server, and obviously popular with admins putting in work to keep it going… just not my cup of tea.

Enjoy,
Torber

I’m sorry if you had to have that experience. However, the server will inform you about this circumstance. That means you have received warnings. It takes as you can see longer than 2 minutes until the ship is expropriated.

Hello and welcome @Torber

sorry to hear about your experience!
I investigated and reproduced the scenario.

You got warned in the Chat like this:

From 21:08 until 21:17 you can time to bring the CV to Class 1 or leave again with your Class 2 ship.

The short duration is because of PvP experiences in the past.
If you are settled on the planet with Class 1 and someone is coming with a Class 7 ship, you would have no chance. So we have set Class 1 and a short duration, so someone can’t sponge damage in and out all the time for long.

Limits are required for performance.

Overall I see you are new and it would have been a minute job for me to restore your ship. No worry about it. Once you get used to some stuff it’s easy and reasonable.

Please let me know if I should proceed the restore process.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.