I need help please, I am being charge 1rp for every out of zone marketplace purchase with bank lvl 10

Last season, and a few seasons ago when i traded heavily. I could buy up to 90 (bank level 9), items in individual transactions without incurring the RP cost, except for the first transaction. Once I went over the 90, then I would incur an RP cost.

Example
Transaction 1 Note first transaction costs 1rp
Buy 1 Generator for 5 credits. Cost - 5 credits 1 rp.

Transaction 2
Buy 1 Armored Door for 10 credits - 5 credits 0 rp.

Transaction 3
Buy 10 Gold Ore for 100 credits - 100 credits 0 rp

Transaction 4 Note this would breach 90 items total since last rp charge
Buy 88 Iron Ore for 150 credits - 150 credits 1rp

Also the ‘Market place fees incurred’ modal on the site is broken (when purchasing an item confirmation modal shows price as 0 and rp as 1 regardless of actual item cost or item amount). When out of zone, the fees incurred should be 1% for bank level 10.

So to recap, there are two issues - probably related.
1.Modal is broken.
2. rp is charged for EVERY transaction instead of every x items. I bet if the modal was fixed, then the subsequent charges would also be resolved.

Like RexXxus already said above, there is no decimal values possible and if you have bank level 10 you will be charged 1RP if you purchase between 1-100 items. 101-200 items would be 2RP, 201-300 items would be 3RP.
This is per transaction. So if you purchase a bunch of single item transactions outside the zone then you will be charged 1RP for each transaction.

It may be that it wasn’t working as intended in previous seasons. It IS working as intended now though.
Be glad you aren’t being backcharged all that RP you apparently didn’t have to pay before :wink:

It is working as intended now though and it is per transaction.
TLDR: There will always be a fee if purchasing from outside the correct zones, no matter how many you purchase at once (it does not keep track and then charge you only once you finally hit a certain number).

1 Like

Hi Twitchy],
I’m not sure if you are affiliated to HWS or can speak on their behalf, but i’m going to respond to you as if you are.

At this point I am a customer to HWS and those that run it. They provide a product and I purchase it regularly, along with patreon this includes a support package to maintain my bank level.

Now that you understand I have provided payment for a product / service which has been altered without my knowing and, as you say, ‘is working as intended’ - I find this unsatisfactory.

To simplify this, if you purchased a donut every day only to find that one day they slipped you a croissant instead, you may not be happy with your purchase.

As Marko pointed out, this mechanic has definitely changed since last season without notice.
But I also doubt that this is ‘working as intended’ since the 1% credits are not being shown in the market place fees modal popup.

Also - our expectations match the definition provided by HWS in the Electronic Bank information section. There isn’t any ambiguity to the documentation - this should be fixed.

it’s not actually a purchase of goods or services. this is a huge misconception many times over. the server is not a “business” and we are not “clients.” this is a private run server that is kept alive by very generous donations. we are given a bonus for our support. nothing more or less than that. the creators change many things to keep balance in the universe. this is not always announced as time doesn’t always allow for it. there are also sometimes oversights as we are all human. the settings aren’t going to stay the same forever. usually announcements are made in the discord channels as well. the admins will respond in time.

Yo bob,

Yeah I wouldn’t classify HWS as a business. However, you can still sell something without being a business!

I’m a software developer, so i’m used to these types of transactions. Like it or not, people are exchanging money for goods and services in HWS. In this case the service was slightly changed without my knowing, which in my case may have changed my decision to purchase. However, since I was not made aware, I could not make that decision rationally.

If this were a business, you would want the customer to be happy and treat them fairly. Therefore there should be some action taken.

If this were a friendly transaction between two people, you would want your friend to be happy and treat them fairly.
Therefore there should be some action taken.

(oh also, I don’t believe this is working as intended. I think that there was some update to this area that has broken past functionality, particularly something that was maintaining a running balance on how many items you have purchased, in computer science we call this regression.)

trust me i completely understand your view on this. it is a bit different in this case though. check here always before making anything donation to understand what you are paying for.

most specifically here for this case;

“This is an active alpha system - We may add or remove your favorite features / change the support system, we can’t please everyone. But let’s keep dialog open.”

usually changes aren’t always immediately announced due to many reasons. sometimes it is a test of sorts to adjust for balancing. this is an ever evolving universe we live in and will constantly adjust to the needs of us all. please understand we are a community of individuals who enjoy the universe the HWS team has provided us. they are always working together with us to make something great.

Yeah,

I don’t think this reflects the sentiment you are conveying of “We will not back up our work and purchased items or services”.

I think this is the opposite. “If we change something you were counting on let us know”.

However, like i’ve said many times in this post. This behavior cannot be intentional since the market place 1% fees are not being calculated. There is definitely a bug here.

think of it this way. ur ordering a pizza from eleon studios. HWS is a friend that picks it up and delivers it to u hot an fresh. they also add their special seasoning. ur tipping HWS for their great service. not for the money paid to eleon for the pizza.

HWS listens to us all and monitors every aspect humanly possible. they adjust everything to keep the server fresh and alive. there is no manager or CEO. nor a corporate committee. just a few private individuals sacrificing their own time to provide a flavor for everyone to enjoy. there is nothing more to it than that.

i myself have not noticed it this season as i usually make transactions in the market zone on ECC. i cannot confirm if it is working as intended. this will give me something to keep me busy tonight rigorously testing different combinations. ill try a few different things and post screenshots of what i find. :slight_smile:

I like the pizza analogy.

In my opinion it is a little different. In this case the pizza guy makes breadsticks at his home. He shows up with your pizza and says “Hey, would you like some breadsticks too? I made them myself!” At which point you negotiate a price and if the breadsticks are good then you might keep ordering them!

Yeah, you don’t need a manager or CEO to provide a good product or show fair and courteous practices. Thank goodness! : )

To reproduce, buy something outside of the zone.

But, this isn’t an argument for two consumers. If HWS responds with something that I disagree with, i’ll take it up with them. No need for you to worry about it.

community help forum here bro. just doing my part to provide assistance where i can. been in the IT industry for a couple decades now dealing with all kinds of puzzles and mishaps. call me crazy but i love troubleshooting…most of the time :wink:

wow now i understand the fees outside the market zone. never really paid close attention to the numbers in the past.

currently i am at bank level 2. states 1 RP per 20 items. my original thinking ws it counted per transaction. 1-19 = 0 RP, 1-39 = 1 RP, 1-59 = 2 RP, ect. this is not the case. it is 1 RP for every 20 items purchaces outside the market zone.

here is a copy of the dashboard. the numbers match the prices that popped up:

20-08-21 01:48 Buy Item
Purchased 20x Minigun Round from Eon for 44 credits and 1 RP
Purchased 19x Minigun Round from Eon for 42 credits and 0 RP
Purchased 1x Minigun Round from Eon for 3 credits and 1 RP
20-08-21 01:49 Buy Item
Purchased 10x Minigun Round from Eon for 22 credits and 0 RP
20-08-21 01:49 Buy Item
Purchased 9x Minigun Round from Eon for 20 credits and 0 RP
20-08-21 01:50 Buy Item

there may have been a bug that has resolved now. give it a shot using the same information. let me know if u need credits. i have a few to spare for this adventure :slight_smile:

I appreciate the help. Just having two other users tell me there isn’t an issue and that I have to accept it, isn’t troubleshooting to me and was frustrating me!

BUT now that you started troubleshooting, I think you’ve found something!

First… I can’t get to the dashboard. I either get redirected to a ‘player inactive page’ or the dashboard just doesn’t load.
It does however load on EU. When I examine the AJAX calls, I notice that NA thinks that I am inactive. The call to user.php?data=PlayerLog responds with this json

{“status”:“ERR”,“error”:“PLAYER_INACTIVE”}

Hopefully this isn’t working as intended!

Could you do me a favor and see if the ID that is passed in this call to eu and na is different for you?

Second, I’m getting the following console errors. Not much we could do with it probably but maybe rex or whoever manages their site.

Access to fetch at ‘https://discordapp.com/api/servers/216919452674031617/embed.json’ from origin ‘https://empyrion-homeworld.net’ has been blocked by CORS policy: The ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header has a value ‘https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net’ that is not equal to the supplied origin. Have the server send the header with a valid value, or, if an opaque response serves your needs, set the request’s mode to ‘no-cors’ to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
The FetchEvent for “https://discordapp.com/api/servers/216919452674031617/embed.json” resulted in a network error response: the promise was rejected.
service-worker.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to fetch
Access to fetch at ‘https://discordapp.com/api/servers/216919452674031617/embed.json’ from origin ‘https://empyrion-homeworld.net’ has been blocked by CORS policy: The ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header has a value ‘https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net’ that is not equal to the supplied origin. Have the server send the header with a valid value, or, if an opaque response serves your needs, set the request’s mode to ‘no-cors’ to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
The FetchEvent for “https://discordapp.com/api/servers/216919452674031617/embed.json” resulted in a network error response: the promise was rejected.
service-worker.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to fetch
hws-connect-prod.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘setAttribute’ of null
at Object.done (hws-connect-prod.js:1)
at XMLHttpRequest. (hws-connect-prod.js:1)

no worries mate. communication is key in resolving stubbon bugs. have u done a full csw and messed with connect on na in the last day or so? i was having an issue seing eu a couple days ago. it was working at the beginning then eu just said NFW one day. i dont remember the error but the dashboard just showed me a dark tree icon. i was about to “crack the hood” and it hit me i hadn’t gone to eu yet this season. hopped over and now its alll gravy. i think something was triggered in the background that some of us are now noticing :wink:

Well I almost exclusively play on NA. I’ll CSW to EU and back real quick.

1 Like

also forgot to mention i logged out of the website and back in (cracking the hood) but still saw the tree. was about to clear web cache if CSW didnt do it.

o an i use the steam overlay browser do i dont have to deal with finding my damn phone to log in :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I have logged in and out. also disabled cache!

another question is what bank levels are they. may be a good idea to test each one rather than assume they all work properly. just upgraded to 3 and ill check again. “trust but verify” is a common theme here too :wink:

I’m on bank level 10, 9 on EU. i’ll check to see if it happens there

20-08-21 02:24 Bank upgrade
paid 2500000 credits and 50 RP for upgrading bank to 3
20-08-21 03:24 Buy Item
Purchased 30x Minigun Round from Eon for 65 credits and 1 RP
20-08-21 03:25 Buy Item
Purchased 20x Minigun Round from Eon for 43 credits and 1 RP
Purchased 29x Minigun Round from Eon for 63 credits and 0 RP
Purchased 20x Minigun Round from Eon for 43 credits and 0 RP
Purchased 9x Minigun Round from Eon for 20 credits and 0 RP
20-08-21 03:26 Buy Item

confirmed working for levels 2 & 3.
spent too much RP and cant hit 4 just yet :frowning:

Lvl 9 on EU is working correctly

20-08-21 03:35 Buy Item Purchased 85x Money Card from Co6uPaTejib for 86 credits and 1 RP
20-08-21 03:35 Buy Item Purchased 5x Money Card from Co6uPaTejib for 6 credits and 0 RP
20-08-21 03:35 Buy Item Purchased 5x Money Card from Co6uPaTejib for 6 credits and 1 RP

Also the market fees incurred displays correctly. On NA at lvl 10 the modal is incorrect.