I need help please - My character is out of sync with the playfield *resolved*

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Landed on Fed HQ in SV, exited SV and them quit game and restarted.
When I restarted, my SV and my Entity were 0.5mi above the planet and I fell to the ground.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> statz747

Server? (EU or NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> within 10 minutes of Mon Aug 10 2020 05:30

On which Playfield?
=> FederationHQ

Structure Name(s)?
=> SVS 200

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 13281905

How can we help you now?
=> No matter what I do, quit steam, clear cache, etc. My char seems to be out of sync. Sometimes I canā€™t enter cockpit of SV or CV. It started when I got kicked out of the server at the last reboot.

In the console it reads this right after I connect - so thatā€™s why I say I am out of sync.
Entity ā€˜statz747ā€™ with id=12653615 on pos=(-9228.6, 0.5, 1642.0) is out of the playfield (1), reposition it to (-9228.6, 75.3, 1642.0)

-9229 / 73 / 1639

Also, when I quit and reload, my backpack inventory reverts - I can fire some rounds off or pick up a resource. When I reload, the bullets I shot are back and whatever I picked up is not in the backpack.

Can i just askā€¦ what is your latency?

70ms to 110ms - everything was fine until the 5PM CT reboot yesterday. I parked my CV on a planet and then left the game running - right before the reboot. When I came back and reconnected my character was out of sync/glitched. Nothing I do will get my character back in sync with the game universe. If I leave the cockpit of CV and go into the bay and exit/disconnect, when I reconnect, I am in the cockpit. If I land on a planet and exit/disconnect, when I reconnect, my char is 0.5mi in the air and fall INTO the ground and then rise to the surface taking no damage and any CV or SV I take to the planet is hanging 0.5mi in the air. If I die and respawn and lose backpack and exit, when I reconnect my backpack is back the way it was.

It looks like I was able to resolve it myself by doing the following:

• verify Empyrion game files with Steam
  • load a single player game and confirmed things are working normally
  • reconnect to HWS NA

When I spawned in, I fell to the planet, but I was injured when I fell and my SV was hanging in the air. I walked around and collected some mats. spawned a port constructor, crafted
some carbon substrate and put in the factory for a quick SV. I quit and reconnected and I respawned normally. I used remote control panel to turn off auto brake and thrusters on the ā€œstuckā€ SV and just waited for it to fall. It seems like things are back to normal for me, so I donā€™t need help anymore. This was a strange bug for sure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.