I need help please - Powered off CV in orbit continually moves away from me when I approach it

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> While in orbit above Fed HQ, exited CV in my SV, exited SV and flipped CV power off, CV started moving away from me rapidly. Got back in my SV and started to approach CV. No matter how long I approach CV, its moves rapidly away to between 3 and 4km away.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Shai-Hulud

Server? (EU or NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 21 Jan 2021 23:58

On which Playfield?
=> Orbit above Federation HQ planet

Structure Name(s)?
=> Nomad-ST

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 8370330

How can we help you now?
=> Stop ship from moving on it’s own so I can reboard

Use your registry and remotely turn the power back on for the CV.
It might take a little while after you switch the power back on, but it should eventually stop moving away.

It’s a game bug that only happens in space and seems to be triggered by switching the power off.
Leave the power on when in space to avoid this in the future, otherwise you will have to wait for the devs to eventually (hopefully) fix this bug.

i have noticed this happens more frequently when exiting a ship without holding O. so far has happened less when doing this, exiting, stepping out of any occupied blocks (ramps, thin, ect) then turn off the power. the game sees the player in an occupied 1x1 section and tries to move the ship to prevent clipping the player in a block. it should just not move at all. not sure why this “feature” was added to begin with :frowning:

Thanks for the reply, that worked once I was able to get within about 3km and right before the shipped galloped away again

Maybe the first steps towards walking in moving ships :wink:

1 Like

Maybe a fix for this in 1.4: Fixed: CV’s in orbit with thrusters off move away from the player

• Fixed: Vessels immediately stop after power off

i believe devs again tried to “fix” something that wasn’t really broken in 1.3, and we know how that usually ends…

• Fixed: Vessels immediately stop after power off

we can only hope they manage it and that not much new/old bugs will be introduced with 1.4

1 Like

This happened to me on my first or second day i think, I powered off my cv thrusters before i stood up from the helm whilst in fed hq orbit, this resulted in the ship slipping sideways from me and travelling away, fortunately i remembered the registry and managed to stop it before it got more than 1km.
If you stand up from the helm first and then turn thrusters off, the problem does not happen. Turn thrusters off first and then stand, the ship will run away.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.