Instant Repair - 2 - Template

@RexXxuS, I just had a test with the Exp 8.7.0 update and it is 100% NOT fixed at all yet. It’s still 100% repeatable as I posted above.

I’ve already raised a bug report about it to Eleon. Hopefully they release another patch and I’ll test again.

Thanks a lot @TwitchyJ!

What a hard bug…

But the other changes there are great at least and from me approved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good point.
I know I did that change in HWS 8 and it wasn’t compatible during a season.
So I told you guys that I will do it with a fresh start. Unfortunately I just failed to do it with HWS 8.X, since the HWS Config changed a lot and time ran out.

I also wasn’t sure if this is really a welcome change by all of you. Some liked it, some not.
Maybe we do a dedicated poll about this for the next season.

2 Likes

If memory serves, I recall the concern over change to components is ---- its either ingots, or components. Not both. Its not like the bp factory where either can be used.

It could work well if it worked similar to factory.

But, 1st making the required components before putting them into repair felt like it eliminated any time saved using components in repair.

It created another layer of grinding.

2 Likes

Either way I made lots of components and smelted lots of ingots. Having the components helps too if I need some item faster in a constructor.

1 Like

I honestly assumed everyone did this to fast craft if you need something in a rush or don’t want to sit and wait.
Additionally I do not see why someone would be against using components to reduce the repair time when we have the ability to reduce cook time for blueprints in the factory with components.

Unless it would only be possible to use components and not a combination of component/ingots as was previously mentioned then I could see some people being against it, but when you take your vehicle to a mechanic they use components/parts to fix it and not metal ingots :thinking:

Oh and just thought of something else. Deconstructors return components and ingots. After I recycle a ship I throw all the devices in a deconstructor or my factory if it isn’t already full…

Has anyone else noticed recently that the repair bay will still neglect to repair template at times and randomly stop?
Last night I had to restart a ~2 hr repair 3? or 4? times which resulted in ~7 hours to get the thing repaired which really stinks.

yes - its again stalling when offline too. Continuing on re-log. Imperfect but better than toolin’