Items gone from storage/hotbar after reset

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I had 250 Optronics in my ships storage and on connected toolbar. I was buying some materials from a vendor and then logged out because of reset warning. When I logged back in the optronics was gone. There is an open space in the ships storage where the optronics had been and the items I had just bought were there, after the open space.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Monsen75

Server? (EU or NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> After todays reset, 40 minutes ago

On which Playfield?
=> System: Alo Delta, Orbit: Eclu

Structure Name(s)?
=> Optronics (trading good)

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> Hopefully tell me what happened so I can avoid it and it was my life savings, on my way to sell them. Can they be reimbursed? Either avg. value or the items themselves?

Hey,

sadly this is out of our range. You could only try to reproduce it and sent it as bug report for empyrion.
Maybe @RexXxuS can check tomorrow if we can reimburse something as exception, since you are new. But for that we have to have some los about the transaction. So not sure how much the game gives us.

Thank you for your reply.

The linked toolbar in general has always been very buggy and items getting deleted.
It is not advised to ever log out with items on the linked toolbar.
Also I don’t recommend just disconnecting the link and expecting the game to always properly put them back, I recommend always manually removing them before disconnecting the link.

Even when you play it safe like I explained above you still can’t predict when a server disconnect could happen, so for that reason I also recommend to keep minimal things on the linked toolbar at once.
Split stacks, one thing at a time, etc. Anything to minimize your loss when the eventual happens because it WILL happen eventually.

The devs have attempted to fix these bugs but they have never actually fixed it (even though they still believe they did currently).

This is one of the reasons I still DO NOT recommend volume and mass to be activated on a server since it forces you to have to use this buggy linked toolbar.
Until the bugs surrounding it are 100% fixed it just isn’t worth it, especially with the lack of server side logs to help players when the bugs do happen (and they will as evidenced by reports just like this one).

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I love the mechanics volume and mass bring to the game.
However, the linked toolbar is just too buggy in general and I don’t recommend servers to use volume and mass until it is without a doubt resolved by the devs.

Unfortunately it is a huge part of the RE scenario.

1 Like

I do appreciate the replies and I’ll never leave the game again with connected stuff.

This was a real blow. I’ve been grinding for two full days, perhaps 20-25 hours to get some money. And put all of it into Optronics to go sell somewhere else. Now everything was lost in 5 minutes. Feels really really bad.

Thank you again.

Welcome to HWS!

I’m back and just have one question: what is the Structure ID of your ship you were connected to?

Hey.

It was the one and only “Beam me up”, 6009495. I’ve crawled out of my dark place now. But wouldn’t say no if I wake up to some extra credits in HWS’ elemental bank. It did swallow 250 optronics that I had put a whole lot of effort into getting. :slight_smile:

Sincerely, Alermo/Monsen75

Alright, unfortunately our backups didn’t had the snapshot of this incident. I tried the day before and on the restart. Didn’t find 250. It was Large Optronic Bridges or Matrix?

Thank you so much for checking. I didn’t expect that. Thought it would just be written off as a bug.
It was not the matrixes or bridges. It’s a trade comodity called “Optronics”.

Suddenly was 25018 of 700 inventory used. Thank you so very much.
Sincerely, Alermo

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.