Let's create our own HWS PvPvE meta

Not complaining, but I haven’t played HWS or Empyrion for a couple of months. My reason for not playing is pretty much summed up with “It was boring”.

I’m a solo player, I feel like I spent all of my time mining. When I’d try to venture out to do something else, it felt like there wasn’t much to do. I’d venture into PvP zones and usually just get wrecked, living in PVP not really much of an option.

PvE zones didn’t offer much except resource mining and building. This also got boring quickly.

Now, I totally get anyone who plays solo or small factions are going to be at a huge disadvantage for PvP, that’s expected. But when PvP is the only option to do anything aside from mining, it doesn’t leave much on the table. Also, having a lot of the resources in PvP only was frustrating, because well I’d try to go get those resources and just end up getting wrecked and coming back with nothing but frustration.

How could HWS be better for a player like me?

1. Having more PvE objectives would be nice. This would give me something to do in the off-time when I don’t feel like getting wrecked in PvP. Also, I don’t feel there was any really harsh environments for PvE. The starter planets actually had more base attack drones than when I ventured out into the system.
  2. I’d like to see more non-PvP options for getting at resources. I don’t mind harsh environments, but getting smashed by groups of players every time I need Est or Zasc just puts me further behind, to the point it just becomes boring. Not only do I never get enough of what I need to be even somewhat competitive, but now I’m back to grinding Iron to replace my ship. YES, that’s pvp and expected, but forced PvP to get at those resources is the issue for me.
  3. I wouldn’t mind seeing a PvP sector that is more solo or small faction friendly. Limit everything to 1 per faction like on HQ planets. Maybe this was out there this season, and I didn’t get that far, but this is something that might bring me back.

Overall, I know the HWS crew works really hard, and this is by far the best Empyrion server. But I just haven’t been interested in playing. I came back at start of season, then took a week off and all my stuff was gone (fair enough) but when I logged in and my base/cv were gone, I just said “screw it” I’ll try again next season. I’ve been having more fun w/ 7 Days, State of Decay, and replaying Skyrim, but Empyrion still interests me and I’ll give it another shot next season.

Keep up the good work and thank you for taking feedback.

2 Likes

You should remove auto firing for most turrets and decrease auto shooting range, undefended structures will be vulnerables without players to defend, thats not a problem with OP. I read the hws team is working on alarm messages when structures are attacked, that’s enough.

Autoshooting should only be for close range defense.
I would like to see multicrewing favored, there would be less structures in playfield, less lag.
I would greatly increase range of ALL player controlled weapons, even handheld because I’d like to see some pvp outside vehicules and because when your multicrewed structure is destroyed you should be able to fight.

I remember the days of pseudo ballistic shooting with hv artillery, I could hit the enemies more than 1km away, they would get in their sv, find me and destroy me, i remember manned HV artillery battles.

All projectiles turrets/weapons should be real projectiles with high damage and ballistic, no hitscan.
All energy weapons should be hitscan low damage, no ballistic and damaged reduced with atmosphere.

1 Like

:joy: Schedule who is on duty will have already made?

1 Like

You cant change hit scan to projectile.

1 Like

Apply Occams Razor, first double damage and half RoF. Then balance from there after seeing results in server. Also make Gatling Cannon/Minigun turrets and cannon turrets have zero damage till Eleon fixes them :smiley: You will go crazy trying to balance for frame lag/network latency and PvP balance at same time.

1 Like

So guys a HWS have big PVP’s community and somebody exept me try to make some good config? Or i was be like Microsoft? :joy: Any idias? (real ideas based on what we can do with config)

P.S. It is be verry good if the devs make more big penalty to turrets on the planet by increase the influence of the atmo density. Then i can make more good balance for a space. Atleast 1km range for CV weapons. And 1.2-1.3km for a BA. To make BA good in space too (but it is more good even now in my config). But for now i close to the finish of my balance. I think it is ready by 99%. Some more little tests and polish the balance.

And we got:

Core now have 250 hp.

Less lags in the battle (from 30 to 50%)
More strong BA’s. Artillery have a new giuded rocket-shells. BA core have more strong CPU and can handle with 3-4 Artys. Flaks developers steal the lates Russian technology - corrected shells (it is giuded at the last meters to target but you have some chance to avoid it). All targeting ranges are corercted (no nore arty snipers) Overal range for BA increase. Turets hove more good target tracking. Armored concrete have a little more HP.

CV. More big more slow - yeah! Now the big CV be a little more slow. Rebalance of all weapons and some new technology to Arty (AOE corercted to avoid to many lagshoots) and Flaks. Turrets tracking and shells speeds corrected - now it have more chance to hit the target. Most ot he devices have a HP rebalance. Return the real Hp to cockpits warp drive and pass seats ( devs - SV have 250 CV - 50? now is not). Rebalance some HP for major devices (fuel o2 generator ammo storage box).

BA\CV - how hangar gates - it is real armored gates. No more one shoot one hangar kill.

SV - Full rebalance of the weapons. Now we can find a way to use all the SV weapons. For example - rockets - low range heavy and expensive air to ground unguided missiles. Use for attakc BA and CV. Homings - multipurpose fighter weapon. Plasma - high speed energy weapons with good damage. Use to kill some enemy in the air and in the ground. Pulse - energy insta hit auto-cannon - use to kill high maneurable targets. Railguns low ROF but fast and dealy weapon with good range and penetration damage. Miniguns - use it for a spiders killing. Now all weapons shoot in the space (no more run from missiles) Cockpits and some device have a Hp rebalance too.

HV - Battle field support vehicle. Rebalance all turrets. It is good for attack the BA’s with some SV and it can makes SV lives shorter. (still under the modernization)

Aliens - they do not stay in one place too. So they are ready for “new you”.

And some other balance in the ammo and epics templates.

8 Likes

well done AFT.

1 Like

Well done AFT, thanks for taking the time to look at this, changes sound good!!

1 Like

This all sounds Awesome AFT, well played!!!

1 Like

Good job.
While testing yeasterday i noticed that higher hp makes it a bit difficult to multitool stuff. Might be good idea to boost that tool a little bit to compensate.

1 Like

Ok i’l check it. But multitools have some damage multiplier’s (so for it doesn matter what HP item is have)

1 Like

Multitool in general need a boost (1-hit combat block PLEASE?)?

As for the CV HP modifications, where can i check them?

1 Like

I have server runnig Fulgrim

1 Like

Was talking about proper patch notes, instead of having to spawn ever little bit to check values

1 Like

1-hit combat it is not a problem. Problem with hardmetal material… All devices “made” from it… So if we want have multitools like before we need up it multiplier… Then 50% of devices can be 1-hit - remove.

1 Like

1-hit remove with a t2 multitool isn’t much of a problem i think… its mostly use after the combat anyway, and its deadly boring now, so if it was buffed for both devices and combat steel, i don’t think its a problem. what’s your thought?

1 Like

I wouldnt say 1 hit as fulgrim, not sure about values, just after CV fight wastnt easy to repair or remove mainly turrets.

1 Like

So i will buff the T2 tool x2 for hardmetal. (-400 hp to turret) And dont forget new turerts it is a very complex device so you time to remove it.

1 Like

Yep agree i mean very slight buff, to make it easier but not 2 hit, that would make turrets immortal if being repaired

1 Like

Yeah! And now we start use CV HV multitools more :wink:

1 Like