Need help finding out if the fleet heist was an inside job

1FA Fleet in Homeworld was captured and either destroyed or taken. Myself and others of our faction is extremely suspicious of a disgruntled player being at the center of this attack. Our Base was fairly heavily defended and had survived multiple attacks by 5AP in the past but somehow in the matter of less than 3 hours, our base and ships were found, attacked, presumably decored and then moved out of system by only Serious Squirrel of ACP. Because I just found out about one of our faction players being attacked a little earlier in the night and then rage threatening to quite our unit but has not quit our unit, and the fact that we had people spawn in during the heist to find all of our defenses, ships and base being powered off but with full fuel and ammo, and how quickly this all happened I think that all this might have even been set to public. It saddens me to suspect that it was an inside job but after comments in chat made by Serious Squirrel it further raises my suspicions. Is there anyway to find out if a member was involved in this or get verification of this being a clean attack? Anything help you can give us with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

10 23:59
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Dark Hell Talon
11 10:17
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
1FA Fleet HQ
11 15:17
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Flavortown - INoX
11 15:18
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Flavortown - INoX
11 15:19
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Flavortown - INoX
11 15:20
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Flavortown - INoX
11 15:24
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Flavortown - INoX
11 15:25
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Flavortown - INoX
11 15:42
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Bucket(SV)
11 15:44
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Master Prefab CV
11 15:45
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Bucket(SV)
11 15:46
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Bucket(SV)
11 15:47
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Bucket(SV)
11 15:48
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 15:56
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:19
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Short Range Cruiser
11 16:25
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:26
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:27
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Shuttle 03
11 16:28
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Bucket(SV)
11 16:32
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:37
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:38
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:39
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:40
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:41
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:42
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:53
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)
11 16:54
Serious Squirrel
ACP
Homeworld
Small Vessel (SV)

Hey,

we will look into it later today. If it was an inside Job, it should be quite easy to find out.
If so: Last chance for the one who did it to come forward.

I hope if it was an inside job that Squirrel shares the punishment of the inside man. As he would have obviously known he was taking a disarmed fleet. After all its against the law to steal and also to “receive” stolen property. He would be an equal partner in the violation of rules.

Honestly, not an iside job but let me give youa rundown of events.

ACP finds 1FA fleet in orbit of neo in hours of 30k sweeps of boredom in homeworld.

ACP abandons sv pointed to fleet just outside visual range.

over a day passes

assault prep

turret zoom scouting from edge of visual

2 members ACP take note of single ship significantly outside main fleet

ship stolen and used to attack edge of fleet, ship is heavily damaged and core destroyed by 1FA fleet, ACP cleans turrets off of cruiser at edge of fleet

1FA members log in during the assault, within radar range. They notice something is wrong.

ACP backs off to edge of visual and watches for hours thru sniper scope

1FA members see the damaged dragonfly like ship and cruiser, they power on and tighten up fleet, but some smaller ships remain off. No attempts to scout for us in vicinity apparent.

1FA members log off

resume assault, manned arty ax range shots disable mines in one shot, workshops ships in 2 or 3 rounds(the heavy cruisers) others take more work as their hulls had shown.

server auto clean up started deleting decored ships before assault complete, I start slapping acp cores on them to prevent.

discovered a sv with a cv block and a hv artillery turret on it parked in the base.

iMP shows up because of the ships that had been “popping” to public during this time. (we both record evidence)

move leftover ship hulls away to prevent people logging in from using them.

start to dismantle the BA, 1FA members log in and continually respawn until their SPA bud can come chase me off.

fought SPA till second member showed up, warped out.

In short dont blame any of your guys, this was a lucky find but it helped that it was right at 30k.

1 Like

Also at first we had only seen the dragonfly ship it was not until we went closer that a huge fleet started appearing.

I have videos of parts of our attack as well as the glitched ship we found that i will be happy to send privately to admins by request. They are approx 411mb each.

1 Like

Nah, not mad but just wanting to make sure it was a clean raid. Thank you squirrel for offering up evidence that you have and giving a run down of events. We knew that having the fleet HQ at 30k was an issue but due to size we kept it there but knew to make it deeper in space after 5.0 drops. My primary concern here is that there was what seemed like a global power down of our assets (I’m guessing thru registry). We noticed this because ships in xerult orbit had been shut off aswell. If it turns out that there is no foul play, I congratulate you on your assault and we will just learn from our mistakes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The vids show that some ships were on but others were not, I was actually surprised that 2 of the 1FA people came on and saw damage and didnt power up everything.

honestly tho even if powered up it doesnt add much work you just advance till ships fire at you and backofftill they stop then use manned arty turrets

Thanks a lot for both of you!

Giving details and accepting the loss! I think this is a good example for others!

Out of the logs we could also see no evidence of an inside job. As Serious says some where on for an hour but not much more. I was just supprised how many ships it affected…

2 Likes

Glad to hear it was a clean hit, Thank you for taking time to looking into this Jascha:) And congrats to Serious Squirrel and company on a big score. We will have to clean our wounds and comeback stronger and smarter.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.