Newer player to this server, confused about a few things

First off, great server. I love that there are events going on all the time for people. I’m not a big fan myself but it shows a determined dedication from the host(s). I am primarily a solo player, I just want to log in and piddle around with my game. I really don’t want to join a faction or PvP that much either and I was wondering if there are any PvE planets that allow me to build both a mining HV and an Assault HV? I’m not asking where they are at, I like to explore… I just want to know if it’s possible on the HWS servers.

Short answere Yes there are.

Are there PvE planets I can get to and use without joining a faction or purchasing? Can I get a bit longer answer please?

@Haf Yes there are several PvE planets you can head to when you leave starter planet.
You dont need to join any factions or pay anything but the server requires you to make a faction if you want to have a few more vehicles /bases.

It is worth noting that from the start point on the galaxy map, north side of the galaxy is pvp and south is pve.

Things like zascosium and erestrium are primarily located in pvp space but you can find scraps in pve as well as buy in the trade market.

There is a general size restriction to what your builds can be and that is class 7.
And typical pve planet allows you to have 2 of each structure kind as faction and 1 of each structure kind as private.

The events and such are purely optional and mostly you dont need to take anything with you, just go bareback and receive a ship and ammo to fight with and maybe win some prizes.

2 Likes

If you chose alliance origin then your first stop after the starter planet is a PvE planet home planet for Alliance origin so thats your first available PvE build planet.

Atlantis is a PvE planet but only allows you to build things from scratch and not bp spawn.
Paragon is a PvE planet that will allow you to spawn any bp you want.
These are just some examples of our PvE planets.

When you go out into the galaxy, any structure you own that you do not visit for 14 days will be auto deleted from the server.

2 Likes

Thank you _Furious_Hellfire. I was getting a little discouraged because I wasn’t completely understanding how I could spawn both types of HV. It makes sense to me now and I feel much better about continuing to play here. I prefer to have to venture out into PvP to get the good stuff, and class 7 is more than big enough for any server in my opinion. I don’t want to have to play with eyes in the back of my head all the time though, and I don’t want to stress over being offline every time either.
My brain is mush sometimes, so I’m thankful for any help in making things here clearer. Thanks again!

1 Like

Happy to help !

We have many virtual facilities on HWS also so be sure sure to login to the hws connect site from your steam overlay in game and you can take advantage of several extra features.

Also as your new, hit F1 in game for the PDA and click empyriopedia and then server chat commands, very useful stuff there :wink: and a bunch of those commands can be used to command the hws connect site features optionally other than doing it on the site itself.

Enjoy your stay and don’t hesitate to ask questions, you can use discord also for asking short simple questions, there is usually always someone who can answer.

2 Likes