Not a problem but rather a server suggestion

So me and fellow members of Rat had a discussion last night on the overall server problems and solutions. So we originally thought that the faction system was a great system at first. Then we started thinking wow this is really not that great. Admins have to deal with all sorts of faction problems on top of running the server which I am sure it is a huge job itself. We feel that an easy solution is to do away with the faction system, keep the ocd and the current cooldowns you have for it, maybe kick the server autominer to the curb, maybe keep a starter survival package for newbies. We like the rotating pvp /pve planets keep all that the same but just let the faction game rules be removed. If you as admins think about it , I am sure trying to deal with such rules and enforcements are stressful. But if the admins don’t mind then leave it the way it is.

I know Rat has been a pain in the admins ass as we are fighters and we like to fight, we do try to follow rules and we expect those who we fight to follow the same rules. Anyway its just an idea and maybe a poll or voting on rather we keep the faction system or do away with it.

Once again to the admins you guys are doing a great job even though we might sometimes bump heads we still do greatly appreciate this server.

1 Like

I think the faction system will be amazing once there is an actual alliance system.

As of right now the reality of NA server is that it’s 5AP vs The Rest of NA server and EU seems to be the same way with all vs SWP.

In many ways I feel like this server suffers from too many rules that are difficult to enforce or are incredibly vague - and yet people suggest even MORE rules on top of factions that can’t exactly work together.

With all that said - there must be something that the admins are doing right to make these the more popular Empyrion servers.

The faction system will work at some point in the future. Right now it’s far from perfect and if you would ‘zoom in’ you can see that most players are ‘faction abusing’. Some things admins allow, some things not.
The faction rules could be simplified a lot. But it would remove some RPG elements. But almost nobody uses the RPG elements so might as well just simplify them.

Farming crystals just to visit the marketplace or whatever… That’s boring. And the gold income from the HWS miner even at lvl10 is relatively low, but just enough for some people to get by. I’d say: keep them both.

@mordgier
I suggest more rules to get rid of the vague stuff. We both know a lot of people who exploit the shit out of this game I’m sure (and none of them get punished). You suggest to just allow it, I suggest more rules instead. But whatever the outcome, it should be either one. Not what we have now that you don’t know what is allowed and what not and you never know who get’s punished while serious exploits are used on a daily basis… It’s not fair to us and it’s not good for the admins.

In 2.0 it was almost the same problem…

My stance between rules that are incredibly difficult to enforce vs no rules is : No Rules.

If you create a bunch of rules which are difficult to enforce - some people will simply not follow them and take advantage of all the people who do try to follow them.

Not even a month ago we had Trader on Trader drama every single day. I’d rather not go back to that.

1 Like

I see your point. But no rules means we go back to traders killing traders to abuse the OCD cooldown, afk-mining, destroying bases without taking damage, etc.
I’m fine with no rules, more rules, whatever. It’s all not ideal but better than what we got now.

As long as we don’t have this vague sh*t we have now with admins punishing so here and there and some for rule #1 and some for more or less the same or worse offenses with laws…
This is my biggest problem for a long while and since I got punished a ton more as you have noticed.

[quote=“Mordgier, post:4, topic:2392”]
some people will simply not follow them and take advantage of all the people who do try to follow them.
[/quote]Exactly that is my problem. I follow the rules to the best of my abillity. It places me at a disadvantage compared to players who do not. Yet I get punished for breaking some invisible rule that I assumed imbalanced but legit. This has got to stop. More rules will fix this, and no rules will also fix this.

But if we go for “no rules” then people breaking ‘invisible rules’ should not be punished until they are added to the rules (but there are none so we would still require a list of massive exploits that are not allowed). Meh all so complicated…

Perhaps put up a poll yeah:
A More rules - make every offense a rule, force players to read walls of rules. If it’s not a rule, it’s not an offense.
B Remain vague - keep the current situation and accept unfair minor exploits/botting/abuse on a daily basis & unfair punishments so now and then. Stuff not in rules may or may not be punishable depending on admin.
C No rules - nothing is enforced, let anarchy reign and allow all serious exploits as well (duping/cheating and such excluded)?
D Something else - elaborate

And another poll for the factions / laws / guidelines

OCD should get nerfed, it should really only be used to store stuff in case of a wipe

2 Likes

I believe OCD could be disabled all together in PVP areas … but then market activity would have to be disabled or nerfed as well (in PVP areas), or ppl would still use market to “upload” stuff.

Combining NA & EU and having two servers for different play styles is an idea.

• Red server for all PVP, no taxes and no PVE planets; no rules apart from no exploits, warp camp is ok etc.
  • Blue server with a few more starter planets, taxed PVE-planets, no gold/Erestum/Sazcosium-resources and the semi rare resources on (rotating?) PVP planets.

This would open more opportunities for “role play”; alliance guard resource planets, hunters and pirates roam the red server and traders who want to risk it, could use red server for collecting resources.
There would have to be some server and CSW-rules to stop possible exploits, perhaps no OCD uploads on red server and no possibility to move gold to blue server. It might even make it easier for the police …

1 Like

I agree that both OCD and market should be entirely disabled in pvp areas. The only thing you should have access to is pentaxit & fuel & food & oxygen.
If you are so dumb to go to a pvp area without reserve ships in your factory then you deserve to be stranded. In worst case you can suicide and respawn on a starter planet.

Also the factory also needs a 10 minute cooldown or something. Kinda stupid that you can spawn an entire fleet or death-star-base in just a few seconds (excluding fueling & ammo-ing them up) and then abuse the market to load em up in mid-battle.

Fueling/stocking a new combat CV takes a fair bit of time. I’m not sure what a 10 minute delay on the factory would accomplish.

Compared to the OCD, the market is a very very minor problem. Unless you have someone ready to sell you stuff it’s not that useful unless you are ready to pay x5 the fair value to get what you want.

Without the need to log in and log out the OCD is even more powerful - it’s a really good change in PvE not so much for PvP.

As mentioned here:

I don’t really have a problem with the OCD as it is right now, I think it’s been nerfed into balance and further nerfing it would start getting awfully close to nerfing it into uselessness for a large part of the players.

That’s not to say I like it, but I can see how it’s needed as a safety net. All around I think it would be worse for the server as a whole if the OCD was outright unusable in PvP.

I pretty much don’t use the OCD or the market, but our steady influx of newbies keep doing dumb things that require them to use the market to not end up stranded. Yes you can say that being stranded on a high G planet because you didn’t realize just how much fuel your CV would burn is part of the game - but it’s a part of that only really bites the newbies in the ass - and this game is tough enough on the newbies.

You can do it super fast with macro’s. It also prevents you from spamming BA’s, walls, decoys and other nonsense in mid-battle. Or at least a delay to spawning stuff if you have recently been in combat.

This is rarely abused, but it is abused nonetheless.