OAM Balance Discussion

back in my days i used to have to craft drill charges to fuel Orbital Auto Miners.
there was no support / donation back in the days to level them up. used to have to earn it through hard earned credits.

Orbital Auto Miners don’t need a Nerf they need a Buff.

I’m looking at the aspect of a new player on the server.

Think of the OAM as a target and support for the new and less experienced players to have access to a small but regular quantity of common and rare resources.

For many this gives them the opportunity to grow and the desire to take on the POI’s for fuel. For the new players this game is a hard learning curve and the OAM setup as it is gives them a supply which means they can take risks and lose ships without losing everything then quitting as so many have.

With the balance of fuel cost I think Rex has it spot on, the incentive is there to get players out and about doing POI’s and as they grow venture in to the pvp zones giving the experienced players fresh targets to fight with.

OAM’s provide one feature almost everyone ignores. YOU CAN GET RARES FROM THEM ON STARTER. I cannot stress this enough as without it the only other option would be to POI like crazy or just have a starter ship. This is another important part IT SAVES YOU IF YOU ARE STRANDED. Did you die in black hole and they took your ship and now you have nothing? get some ores, build a ship, leave. Now, for those of you who don’t understand. You can get these ores ANYWHERE the trade off is credits but the ANYWHERE part is what really helps people who may not have access to Do:Re. Also certain other items have become very common in construction of things water, plastic, rock dust, plant fiber, wood etc. I have often wished OAM’s or AM’s provided this.

On the subject of T3 AM’s.

Can I please store them again in my OCD? Please?
Why are they disappearing so often? Wipe was on Friday, I place them Saturday Night, come back on Monday and they are gone? Sometimes even faster than that? In other seasons I placed one down and never had to move it all season? What gives?
I used to find them in POI’s and Missions but this season I haven’t seen one?