Patch 1.8.10 and its consequences

Good Morning @everyone
a new Empyrion patch came out. And as always, if it’s “critical”, I make use of this bigger announcement format.

There are some good fixes in it but most likely in a ratio of 1:3 (again).

1. Coloring thrusters and deco devices means, that they emit light now. Light is one of the biggest performance drain in any game. Unfortunately it got added in Empyrion. So do yourself a favor and observe your thruster count, I guess. Let me know if you experience any FPS / performance issues now, please! Just write them here and ping me<#1017162900458192926>

2. The Easy Anti Cheat version got completely changed. Since it’s the backbone of Multiplayer interaction (reason why many of you get kicked sometimes), it means a huge chance of regressions (only HWS can test it well in that scale). Also, please report to me issues on logging or ingame disconnects.

3. The only good thing in this patch imo are 2 new properties :wink:
    For one I can prevent for some dialogues multi access now. I’ll make use of it for some global dialogues in the future. Means only one person can talk with a NPC/Console at a time.
    And there is a new shield penetration property available! A percentage of weapon damage can now pass directly to the hull, ignoring the shield.
    That makes the whole shield topic complete and I’ll make use of it in HWS+ too soon. Probably for Chaos / Strangelet weapons. Have to think more about it in terms of EWS (Nox). Feel free to send me your wishes / imagination in <#1002075186826330214> :slightly_smiling_face:
    (RE will make use of it too I guess)

Fingers crossed, that it all works :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes